The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Old March 10th, 2013, 05:17 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
hello, competitive battlers! in case you were wondering why this thread was given this name, its because a new wifi league is being made and this tournament will decide the gym leaders.
if you want to battle just for fun but don't want to be a gym leader, elite four or champion if you've ranked high enough, LEAVE NOW!!! please specify in your sign up. an example is below. you may change this preference by posting that you have changed your mind anytime before the last round of the tournament ends. if you opted out of being gym leader and change your mind after the tournament ends or didn't make the cut, though luck. you'll have to visit the league and win a gym battle, then challenge them again by their own custom rules.
each round will last up to a week, try to get them in as soon as you can though.

sign ups for this tournament go from now until april 1st. battles start on the april 2nd (no joke)
here is a sign up form for reference:
Spoiler:

username: roosterman
friend code: 1979 8164 1100
time zone: central
willing to be a gym leader? yes.
preferred battle format: triple, level 100, random match up ban list, no wonder launcher

rules:
Spoiler:

first thing first, NO HACKS. legal hacks are ok but any pokemon with IVs in a single stat over 31, EVs in a single stat over 252, an EV total of over 510, or a move that it does not learn though breeding, level up, a character in game or an event is not allowed. anyone caught with a pokemon like this will be warned. if done on purpose or a second time, they will be disqualified.

this is a 5th gen wifi tournament using swiss format. the default rules for this tournament will be single, level 100, ban list will be the black/white random match up ban list. so, basically mascot and event legendaries are banned plus manaphy and phione.
as you can see in my sign up form, you can put your preferred battle style in. please put the different specifications in order of priority from left being high to right being low. like with mine, i put "wonder launcher off" on the far right since that doesn't bother me as much while "triple" on the far left because it matters to my main team most.
i will match you up as best i can to match this. but since everyone has different taste, it will likely not match completely. so it is recommended you make your team good for more then one format, or make a second one for a different format for when you have a disagreement. you will have to work it out yourselves if you're matched with someone with a different battling preference. if you can't agree on something, the match will use the default rules.

clauses:
sleep, freeze, hax, evasion, item and species clauses are all in play. this may be changed if both players agree to get rid of some or add to them. but that would not be recommended as these clauses, in my opinion, do make the game much more balanced.

roster:
Spoiler:

roosterman 1979 8164 1100
Canen
Shayminlover123
Eeveelution Co-ordinator 5416 0106 3456

Round one:
Spoiler:

Roosterman vs. Canen

Shayminlover123 vs. Eeveelution Co-ordinator

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu

Last edited by roosterman; April 2nd, 2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: extended sign up period to give people more time to make teams.
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Canen
Sometimes, I like to party.

Nature: Relaxed
Username: Canen
Friend Code: (will input later on, need to check)
Time zone: GMT, London
Gym leader: Too right
Preferred battle format: Single or Triple Lv100, random / ban list, no wonder launcher

-
Pokemon Ruby: Career record (W-D-L)
34-1-11

Pokemon Platnium: Career record (W-D-L)
21-3-4
-

Old March 28th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Shayminlover123
Top Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Timid
Usernamehayminlover123
Friend code: Will post later on
Time zone: eastern
Willing to be a gym leader?: yes
Preferred battle format: Single,flat battle, no wonder launcher.
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:20 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
Friend Code: Jamie: 5416-0106-3456
Time zone: GMT (UK)
Gym leader: YEAH!!
Preferred battle format: Single, Flat Battle, No Wonder Launcher

Oh, and are Acupressure, Moody, Sand Veil, and Snow Cloak banned as part of Evasion Clause?

I'll take that as a no...

White 2:

Last edited by Eeveelution Co-ordinator; April 1st, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
Friend Code: Jamie: 5416-0106-3456
Time zone: GMT (UK)
Gym leader: YEAH!!
Preferred battle format: Single, Flat Battle, No Wonder Launcher

Oh, and are Acupressure, Moody, Sand Veil, and Snow Cloak banned as part of Evasion Clause?

I'll take that as a no...
Oh, sorry, I missed this. I guess all those are fine, just as long as it isn't a move that raises evasion every time.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links