• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Apparently, I am unable to access my site, so the link for Pokemon Essentials is currently unavailable. However, I will spend the rest of this month improving on it. Some new features will include custom windowskins for text messages; a daycare and egg system; an interesting feature called script-based switches; and general fixes. Until then, I will not respond to this thread as I become busy improving Pokemon Essentials.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Just found an error with Flameguru's latest kit, this occurred when I tried to select a Pokemon and obtain a summary:

Code:
Exception: undefined method `eggsteps' for nil:NilClass
PokemonScreen:970:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:957:in `loop'
PokemonScreen:1004:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonMenu:131:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:131:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:128:in `logonerr'
PokemonMenu:128:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:113:in `loop'
PokemonMenu:169:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:134:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:131:in `logonerr'
Scene_Map:131:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:15:in `main'
Scene_Map:12:in `loop'
Scene_Map:19:in `main'
Main:41

Hope that helps

Other than that the kit's pretty good :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Just found an error with Flameguru's latest kit, this occurred when I tried to select a Pokemon:

Code:
Exception: undefined method `eggsteps' for nil:NilClass
PokemonScreen:970:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:957:in `loop'
PokemonScreen:1004:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonMenu:131:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:128:in `logonerr'
PokemonMenu:128:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:113:in `loop'
PokemonMenu:169:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:134:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:131:in `logonerr'
Scene_Map:131:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:15:in `main'
Scene_Map:12:in `loop'
Scene_Map:19:in `main'
Main:41

Hope that helps

Other than that the kit's pretty good :)

i'm using the latest kit to, and that never happened to me... o.0 hm... let me check mine and see what happens.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2007
ive got a noob question ^^' i just started to do my own pokemon rpg, of course with this starter kit. i have worked with the rpg maker yeaaaaars ago XD so thats why i think its a noob question.

when i try to create those trees, i know how to set the tops that i can run behind them, but how do i set them transparent?? i always have them with a white backround and that doesnt really looks good on a green field...

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
As FG has said before changing the Dex data is not available at the
moment, I'm waiting for it as well ;)

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I mean the .DAT files with no .TXT versions...

All editable .dat files have .txt versions. What do you want to edit?

ive got a noob question ^^' i just started to do my own pokemon rpg, of course with this starter kit. i have worked with the rpg maker yeaaaaars ago XD so thats why i think its a noob question.

when i try to create those trees, i know how to set the tops that i can run behind them, but how do i set them transparent?? i always have them with a white backround and that doesnt really looks good on a green field...

When you import the tileset, Click on the White and click Ok. Anything thats white should be transparent.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2007
ahhh ok it worked :D think i got it now..but theres another question, and pleassse, if should post it in another thread in another forum, pls tell me!

ahm..yeah, the only thing i need right to start through with my game is...how can i do the choosing of the starter pokemon? in the starter kit theres just a script, where u get 6 random pokemon. how can i change it, that i can choose one pokemon like in the classic game? or does such a script like in the original game exist?

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
ahhh ok it worked :D think i got it now..but theres another question, and pleassse, if should post it in another thread in another forum, pls tell me!

ahm..yeah, the only thing i need right to start through with my game is...how can i do the choosing of the starter pokemon? in the starter kit theres just a script, where u get 6 random pokemon. how can i change it, that i can choose one pokemon like in the classic game? or does such a script like in the original game exist?

If you use my version then everything will work fine....however you need knowlege of RGSS and personally anyone with a brain should be able to do it.

Check out the Script called PokemonUtilities (Above Main) and edit the Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile modules as you please.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2007
flameguru u are a genius ^^
i have created a completely new start at pokemon choosing XD
now i go to google and find a way how to let an event appear after another event was started o.o

so thank u ^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2007
lol ok i ment everyone who was working on this starter kit ^-^
but theres still one question XD how can i let events appear only after another event was started? i can just to conditional branches, but there i cant choose events, just gold and skills and switches and so on.

and how do i get to the switches to edit them and set new ones?

because what i want to do is: after choosing a pokemon, before going out of the house, prof oak, runs after me and tells me my first mission. but that should start of course after choosing the pokemon and not when i entry the house the first time.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
And how do you change the Trademark Pic before the Title Shows up. EX:
Pokemon Starter Kit
Pokemon 1995-2007
Gamefreak
Monsters Inc.

It's a picture in the Titles Folder

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2007
ahm..is this picture at the beginning enough as credits? then i dont have to change it XD

and back to my question above, because of the event accures, i have read through the forum and have found a thread where they had the same question (without a solution) and they were all talking about setting flags. could that be a solution for me? what are that flags at scripting?

what i exactly need is: an event occurs, when another is finished or erased.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back