• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my Competitive Battling Generation IV PBR team!

Snorelacks

You were a huge help with my Generation V team, and now I need hep with my Generation IV team.
Thank you all in advance.

This team is for the Wii game Pokemon Battle Revolution (or PBR) random Wi-Fi battles. This means that Ubers are allowed and, as a result, people use Uber teams against OU, UU, BL, NU, and NFE (not that you see the last three at all) teams. So, I built my team to be able to effectively transition from OU to Uber after I see the opponent's Pokemon.

My team is as follows:

Uxie @ Mind Plate
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Levitate
Moves:
Memento
Yawn
Psychic
Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock is... um... Stealth Rock. You all know what it does, it's awesome. Psychic is a great move for STAB and becomes fairly good coverage for my OU team that is "built into" this team and can still hit things nicely in my "built in Uber" team. Yawn Pseudo-Hazes, and Memento sets up a set up for a sweep (from Infernape, Dragonite or Gyarados). Mind Plate boosts the power of my only attack, Psychic by 20% (Making its base power 153 with STAB).

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Naive (+ Spe, -SDef)
Serene Grace
Moves:
Iron Head
Psychic
Wish
U-Turn

Scarfrachi. Nothing special, right? Pretty standard. However, mine is a mixed attacking team support! I love this set. Iron Head makes things flinch like Togekiss' Air Slash. Psychic actually gets nice coverage for my team, and it hits everything else pretty hard. U-Turn is awesome with Choice Scarf, hitting most other Psychics that aren't Jirachi pretty hard (with the bonus of covering Dark- and Grass-Types). At full HP, I can almost always get off a Wish to heal my sweepers and stuff.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
Blaze
Moves:
Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Stone Edge/Mach Punch

Swords Dance pairs well with Uxie's Memento. Flare Blitz is awesome physical STAB. Close Combat is arguably even better physical STAB. Stone Edge gets great coverage. Mach Punch is awesome STAB priority. Currently I have Mach Punch, but I really need hep deciding. It would be really hard to get a TM Stone Edge... hm...

Gyarados @ Muscle Band
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Intimidate
Moves:
Stone Edge
Ice Fang/Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake

Stone Edge, Waterfall, and Earthquake produce unresisted coverage apart from Breloom. Ice Fang ensures an OHKO on basically anything 4x weak and hits the aforementioned Breloom for supereffective damage. Dragon Dance is an alternative for great stat boosting and sweeping capabilities.

Dragonite @ Lax Incense/Dragon Fang/Expert Belt
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Inner Focus
Moves:
Fire Punch
ThunderPunch
Dragon Dance
Outrage

The three attacks produce unresisted type coverage (Without ThunderPunch it would only be resisted by Flash Fire Heatran). Dragon Dance is great for boosting, as mentioned in Gyarados' set comments. The item here is sort of a filler, Lax Incense makes less accurate but more threatening moves (such as Blizzard and Stone Edge) much less likely to hit, making Stone Edge only hit 60% of the time and Blizzard 50%. Dragon Fang gives a little extra 0.2 boost to outrage, making it x2.2 effective after 1 DD with STAB. Expert Belt works well with its great coverage. Currently it has Lax Incense.

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Pressure
Moves:
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Thunder
Aura Sphere

This one rounds out my "built in Uber" team. These four attacks are unresisted. Choice Specs makes them hit unbelievably hard. That's about all I have to say for this set...

I also have another Pokemon I'm considering (a replacement for Uxie if I need one):

Torterra @ Leftovers
Impish (+SDef, -SAtk)
Leech Seed
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Wood Hammer

Please advise this set... I'm not sure how well Stealth Rock works on a tank, but people suggested it...

Again, I thank you in advance for all of your suggestions.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Can you provide natures, too?

I wouldn't use Salac Berry on Uxie. IMO, the Salac Berry is best for achieving fast sweeps before you die, and Uxie's low offenses and Memento kills off that point. I'd make it a support lead:
-Psychic
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave/Yawn
-U-turn/Memento
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Getting Choice-locked into Wish isn't a good thing on Jirachi; it's best with Trick in its place. Or go for its signature paraflinchax set:
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 164 HP/168 Atk/176 Spe
Item: Leftovers

You can use Dragon Dance on Gyarados; I'd drop Ice Fang.

I'd have EQ over ThunderPunch on Dragonite, since Dragon + Ground + Fire is unresisted.

Ice + Dragon is redundant on Dialga (though it's somewhat useful on Kyurem to an extent in Gen V), so how about this instead?:
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunder
-Fire Blast/Aura Sphere
Nature: Modest
EVs: 224 HP/252 SAtk/32 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

Snorelacks

Salac Berry is for making fast sweeps. It's just for the sweeping Pokemon switching in after Memento. I'm not sure if this is an effective strategy or not...

I really don't want to drop Choice Scarf on Jirachi.
Wish can be used well for healing teammates, so you switch on the next turn to heal anyway. It's just fast team support at no cost (again, because you're switching out). Of course, Arena Trap poses a problem...

I was thinking the same thing about Dragon Dance; Breloom isn't that much of a threat to me anyway.

I do like the nice coverage that ThunderPunch provides, and again, I don't really have the resources for Earthquake...

I prefer not to have two Dragon-Type attacks on Dialga... perhaps this?:

Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Thunder

Does that work?

Thank you very much. I think I will definitely change Uxie...

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Salac Berry is for making fast sweeps. It's just for the sweeping Pokemon switching in after Memento. I'm not sure if this is an effective strategy or not...

I really don't want to drop Choice Scarf on Jirachi.
Wish can be used well for healing teammates, so you switch on the next turn to heal anyway. It's just fast team support at no cost (again, because you're switching out). Of course, Arena Trap poses a problem...

I was thinking the same thing about Dragon Dance; Breloom isn't that much of a threat to me anyway.

I do like the nice coverage that ThunderPunch provides, and again, I don't really have the resources for Earthquake...

I prefer not to have two Dragon-Type attacks on Dialga... perhaps this?:

Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Thunder

Does that work?

Thank you very much. I think I will definitely change Uxie...
The reason why Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse are on standard Specs Dialga is because Dialga can use the former to inflict massive damage on the opponent early-game, then switching out. The latter is for late-game cleaning.

Snorelacks

I'm just asking if it works with Fire Blast and Aura Sphere. I changed Uxie and Gyarados, by the way.

Back