• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I've been trying to get some work done of Nika's wiki page today. If anyone cares to, please take a look and let me know what you think! Criticism, advice and suggestions are all welcome!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ah Crap Baskets. Lemme try again.

marksketch.jpg

Theres Mark and Snype. Hope it works this time.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yeah, you got it this time. Looks like an awesome sketch man!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
In my Sign up I said I was in the Suicune Dorm, could I change that to the Raikou dorm? I didn't realise which one was more advanced at the time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm gonna go ahead and take a brief hiatus from the roleplay. All three of my characters (Danielle, Megan, and Drew) are not interacting and therefore resting up. xD So this gives me a chance to take a break and get back on track with schoolwork and finish up other things (including the PCX events I've volunteered to host). So, I'll return in two weeks or maybe a week and a half. If I don't get back by October 1st, then you can just drop me. xD

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I really think if legendaries were in this rp, then it might cause some trouble, because some people would want to catch them which wouldn't be fair, and I agree with yellow that it might upset some people, I for one have no desire to see any legendary Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Wow! Can't wait!

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Cody Spirit

Nickname (Optional): N/A, goes by Cody

Age (10-15): 15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): Red hat w/ blue Poke Ball design on front, Brown hair w/ blonde highlights, light tan skin color, light blue t-shirt, denim shorts, red/white/gray running shoes.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Cody is kind, caring, but most of all, brave.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Cody grew up in an orphanage in Johto, location: Unknown. He grew up alongside other orphans, but mostly Rick Texan and Tia Carter. Cody, Tia and Rick trained together in the art of the aura, alongside a talking Lucario, since they each were about eight. Cody, during the time he was at the orphanage, gained the friendship of a orphaned Eevee, which when he began his journey, came back for to become his first Pokemon. Cody then came to the academy to learn how to care for his Eevee, and be a better trainer.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Eevee
Nickname(Optional): Cassie
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Cassie is very friendly towards Cody, Tia and Rick, but no one else unless she gets to know you.
Lvl(Max 25): 22
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Swift, Shadow Ball, Protect, Bite, Iron Tail, Dig

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
So Yellow. Where can Kilik find Valorie & Kiyoko? Class is over, so I'm ready to ride on! :D

You also could have asked me, Denny. They're outside (Whoever Valorie's teacher is)'s classroom, pretty much on and beside a table on the end of the hallway.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2015
alright after fixing my computer I'll try to get an opening post up in the next few days but I'm stupidly busy at college so it may take till end of the weekend.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Cody is kind, caring, but most of all, brave.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Cody grew up in an orphanage in Johto, location: Unknown. He grew up alongside other orphans, but mostly Rick Texan and Tia Carter. Cody, Tia and Rick trained together in the art of the aura, alongside a talking Lucario, since they each were about eight. Cody, during the time he was at the orphanage, gained the friendship of a orphaned Eevee, which when he began his journey, came back for to become his first Pokemon. Cody then came to the academy to learn how to care for his Eevee, and be a better trainer.

Uh... no. I can't approve this.

A second problem: I'm not willing to approve a 'talking' lucario. Even if you meant to imply telepathy, telepathic lucarios have been played drier than the hottest desert. I feel the need to put a foot down and say "No more. This is out of control."

@ShinyDiamond: What WolfOfEve said. Valorie and Kiyoko are in the academy hallways. Find your way to them at your own freedom. Be warned I'm not exactly posting every day right now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I've always wondered about talking pokemon. Is Meowth of Team Rocket the only one with actual genuine speech (all the others using forms of telepathy etc.)? They go to quite a bit of trouble to point out every episode just how unusual this is. Are there any other examples?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've always wondered about talking pokemon. Is Meowth of Team Rocket the only one with actual genuine speech (all the others using forms of telepathy etc.)? They go to quite a bit of trouble to point out every episode just how unusual this is. Are there any other examples?

Fair warning, Marin prefers Game Canon over Anime Canon.

Talking Pokemon is sort of... Impossible. There are some instances, like telepathy, where Pokemon can speak through others' minds.

Aaron's Lucario is one of those few Lucario who know how.

As for just plain speaking it, no.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lincoln: In the anime, meowth is the only pokemon with genuine ability to talk yes. Even his clone can't talk. Apparently Meowth tried so hard to learn that his sheer effort overwrote reality, or something.

The games officially specified which pokemon can learn telepathy in generation 5 by introducing it as an actual ability. They're all psychic types. I've just grown... increasingly frustrated with talking lucario, as Aaron's was in fact supposed to be unique just like Meowth. There is not supposed to be any other lucario that knows telepathy. We've got at least a quarter of a dozen pokemon playing that card, perhaps more like half a dozen.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Lincoln: In the anime, meowth is the only pokemon with genuine ability to talk yes. Even his clone can't talk. Apparently Meowth tried so hard to learn that his sheer effort overwrote reality, or something.

The games officially specified which pokemon can learn telepathy in generation 5 by introducing it as an actual ability. They're all psychic types. I've just grown... increasingly frustrated with talking lucario, as Aaron's was in fact supposed to be unique just like Meowth. There is not supposed to be any other lucario that knows telepathy. We've got at least a quarter of a dozen pokemon playing that card, perhaps more like half a dozen.
What's more, even if one were to go beyond game standards, having telepathy alone doesn't imply that the pokemon is able to interact with humans, in the instances that it is shown, the pokemon have knowledge of human speech before humans can actually understand them.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
May I weigh in? I think the ability doesn't define enough pokemon that can understand humans, and relate their thoughts back. For example look at Ralts. It can't talk to a human, but its skills with empathy let it know just how it needs to act to make their trainer happy. whether it does or not is a different story.

So certain pokemon and certain legendaries have full telepathy, and can communicate both ways (allowing the human to telepath back for some). Some just read minds cause they can like abra. Others just can talk somehow. Not common pokemon like meowth, but the odd one or two can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back