• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turn up the bass! ~ Music Listeners Club

Years
Do you ever forgot about how good an album was?

Never had that sort of feeling, but I guess it can help you to rediscover an album?

Years
Oh hey, only now remembered this.

Do you ever forget about how good an album was?

Some records i'll give one full listen and mention if I like them or not, but i'm sure they'll have a handful of songs I probably won't remember after one listen. But since I haven't heard as much underground music recently, it's difficult for me to say.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

Eh, not really. If I like a full album I already have it downloaded and I listen to it often enough that I won't forget it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
There are some albums I would love to revisit, like Foster the People's first album. All of their songs in that album were super amazing and I would listen to that album non stop. Same goes for Pentatonix's latest Vol 3 album, as well as Luke Bryan's Crash My Party.

If I end up liking an artists whole album so much, there is doubt that I'll forget them. :P

Now that I'm here, there's something I wanted to ask...would anyone be interested in a DJing event? We can all meet in a plug.dj room and we can all listen (and discover) our own music. It'd be a...one night event for the club. Anyone interested? :D

Years
Ah, i'm not good with remembering event dates, but that sounds like something worth experimenting with. (Although I probably wouldn't have anything new to offer since I basically listen to pop and other things in the Top 40... I really need to start listening to underground more often.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
We don't necessarily have to listen to the current music hits, unless members requested them! You are more than welcome to share your music to others, remember, in this club we do not judge based on music tastes. <3

I can't do this weekend, but I can do Sunday February 15th? Would that be okay? Gives me time to actually plan ahead.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There are definitely a few old albums out there of some bands that I prefer over newer (I'm not sure how much sense that makes, but I hope we understand what I'm trying to get through!).

Off top of my head, one of these bands would be this metal band known as In Flames. When I was first introduced, I listened to some of their new music, which I did like. Due to growing fondness of them, I had began following the band more, and tried their older tracks; in comparison, they seemed to have been slightly more hyping, so to speak, and meaningful.

As for DJ event, I'd love to take part in one, but unfortunately, I'm not sure if I could make it if we have the event around February 15, as I'll be busy then. If it were sometime in early March, it like wouldn't have been a problem, haha. I hope rest of us have fun!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I need to visit this section more, how did I miss this club?

Username: Wicked3DS (changing it back to this soon)
Favorite Music Genres:Hard Rock, Classic Rock, 90s-00s Pop, Some Celtic and Folk
Your Current Favorite Song:Face Everything and Rise by Papa Roach

To the plug.dj event: yes. It should be a recurring thing, not just a one off if you ask me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Of course, if anyone can't make it to the event on the 15th, we can always hold it off till March. By then I'll be settled in Houston. :D That's totally up to the rest of you guys, because I would looove to hold an event sometime~

& welcome, Wicked <3 Love your choices of Genre, especially 90's-00's pop. Been listening to a lot of the music recently on Pandora, and ahhh it takes me back to my high school days!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Eh... I'm not very good with events either. Not to mention the fact that I'm only into metal now. I'm extremely picky about what I listen to. I just can't listen to anything else anymore other than what's on my nano. However, you guys feel free to do the event without me. :D

Well, I did forgot how amazing the GazettE's Toxic album was. It's been about four or five years since I've been into j-rock. Long story short: I ran into some fakes who tried to ruin my life. I'm only now getting it back thanks to my hero PelleK who is an absolutely amazing person as well as an even more amazing singer. <3

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Username: The Void
Favorite Music Genres: I don't know, to be honest!
Your Current Favorite Song: I have a lot of favs, but I'll mention my most recent one anyway -- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars :D

Not really. The albums I have are on autoplay every time I listen to music on my phone~

Wicked3DS

Years

I forgot how good it is sometimes to put on the Away from the Sun album by 3 Doors Down and listen all the way through, but when I do, it's fantastic.

Years
Your Current Favorite Song: I have a lot of favs, but I'll mention my most recent one anyway -- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars :D

Awwwwwwww yeah.

Nice to see this club back, almost thought it had kinda died out. But guess not, haha :P Nice to have more members coming in!

Years
Name: KingEros
favorite Genres: hmm.......pop,R&B,rap,modern country,EDm,rock,Slow jamz and many many others ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Favorite Song:probably Earned It By The Weekend (yup that's my jam)or anything imagine dragons

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah! Gotta bring more activity in, lmao.

Welcome KingEros!~

Have we talked about concerts? Let's talk about concerts. In a couple weeks I'm gonna go see Pentatonix in Houston, and I'm also thinking of seeing either Florida Georgia Line or Dierks Bentley at the Houston Rodeo. Has anyone ever been to a concert? If so, how many and who did you see?

Wicked3DS

Years
Has anyone ever been to a concert? If so, how many and who did you see?

Last concert I went to was Thousand Foot Krutch almost exactly 2 years ago (Feb 2013) and they were amazing. They're one of my all time favorite bands and they were just as good live as they sound in the studio.

Jayce

x-kid
Years

I've seen Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Bob Dylan.

Coldplay puts on a very very good show, all of the lights were amazing (and this was when they used xylobands, if anyone's familiar) and they really just sounded great. Red Hot Chili Peppers were fantastic, as well. It wasn't so theatrical, they were actually performing for part of the Dalai Lama's event here (he gave a long talk; wonderful afternoon all around), so it was a pretty different vibe. And then Bob Dylan was awesome to see because he's Bob Dylan, but it was unfortunately pretty clear that he's no longer in his prime. And the sound was just kind of off, the instruments really drowned out his voice. Disappointing, but I'm still glad I got the chance to go.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've been to a couple of concerts before, yeah.

The most recent would be around two years back in 2013, when I'd went to one with a couple of my buddies; it had featured some metal band that I wasn't quite familiar with, but still decided to visit as I'm generally a fan of this genre. Songs they had performed were pretty good, actually.

In future, I'd like to visit a concert of either In Flames or Motorhead, as they're two of my all-time favorite bands. I'm not sure how easy it is to run into them over here in New York, but hey, at least one could still hope!

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
Years
Username: Tryndamere
Favorite music genres: Alternate Rock, Hip Hop, Pop, Pop rock and pop punk.
Your current favorite song: Hall of Fame(feat. Will.i.am)

I love listening to music so much that I got myself a 200$ headphone(Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 32 ohm) just for listening to music the audiophile way ♪♪♪

Not yet. I don't like regional music(Indian) so I will when I attend college in 'murica

Back