• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have quite a few PSOne titles on my PS3. I love playing them when I want to kick back with that nostalgia factor. The collection they have on PSN is pretty good. I snag a few games at a time. Right now I'm playing Silent Hill, Crash Bandicoot, and Gex

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I have a rather massive PSone library as it was one of my first consoles. I got it and a SNES at roughly the same time and started buying games like crazy. I wish I would have kept all their cases because games in their cases are much more impressive than books filled with games. I have all of the Spyro and Crash games for PSone, as well as a lot of obscure titles that would fetch a pretty penny...if I had the cases. I love the obscure games much more than the mainstream ones though and end up playing them the most when I go to look for a feeling of nostalgia.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Physically, my libraries are pretty small. My largest is, oddly enough, my PC one.

...Well, retrospectively it makes sense. After all, you can't sell PC games back to Gamestop (which, back in the day, was how I got the money to buy more games), and I've been a big Sims fan since early 2000s. As a result, while I've owned many, many games (and, if we were talking total collection, sold or otherwise, my PS2 would easily be king), thanks to my lack of income as a child, I would often sell my games back to Gamestop for their terrible return rates and get more games. But a number of years ago I stopped selling my games because I actually like collecting, and I hate selling a game only to regret it and probably buy it back later...If I can, but then there are games like the .Hack series. I was shocked when a friend told me that they were not only rare now, but they sold for upwards of $100. And I'd already sold mine.

So yeah, PC's my largest library physically, followed by the PS2 and the regrettably the Xbox 360, as much as it pains me to say. 3DS and then N64 after that. Digitally, PC would still be king, 3DS would be second, and PS3/Vita would be third. Since I buy so many games digitally nowadays, it really doesn't surprise me that PS2 and PC are my largest phys libraries, especially because there are times when I really just don't want to buy from Amazon, Gamstop in general I just can't stand anymore, and I'm not much a fan of buying games from other, non-gaming retail stores unless I find a really good price or rare gems.

Ugh...all of this reminiscing is making me remember my lost GBA library ;_;

Years
I always thought I had a generous sized library of games, but that doesn't seem the case now that I look at them on my shelf \: Although there have been many games that we traded in over the past few years, but now I'm determined to keep them no matter how old they might become in the future. Not making the same mistake again of selling/trading in the N64, and the PSone consoles along with their games ;;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I have my console library in one room (360, Wii, Wii U, N64, GCN) and my handheld library in another room (GBA, DS, 3DS). Anything older is hanging out in my basement as I have no other space :(

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I have a very moderate collection of games all in a little entertainment system in my room where my television used to sit. I also have two small drawers of DS/3DS games.

Years
I think I'll slowly start to add digital games to my arsenal from now on. Me having a credit card is dangerous for my bank account ;;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I have a very moderate collection of games all in a little entertainment system in my room where my television used to sit. I also have two small drawers of DS/3DS games.
Oh! I always wanted one of those! When I was a kid and the big Sears catalog was a thing around Christmastime for kids, there were always a few of those in it and I thought it was so cool and organized

that kid-sized centre really wouldn't have lasted me long. Nope. Haha

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't really like purchasing digital games, haha. They might be cheaper than physical on occasion, but still; you just can't trade them in (or anything of the like), which sucks. :( Though, I don't mind downloading if I manage to get a hold of free codes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't really like purchasing digital games, haha. They might be cheaper than physical on occasion, but still; you just can't trade them in (or anything of the like), which sucks. :( Though, I don't mind downloading if I manage to get a hold of free codes.
Personally, I'm fine with that. Since I, for the most part, gave up selling games, downloads are convenient and make for a nice collection. What's more, in some particular cases where I buy games that I'm dubious about, not being able to return them gives me the motivation to play them, which has led to some good experiences.

...Though really, I'm not too sure why we keep coming back to physical vs digital...so...new question.

Are there any games you're looking forward to in 2014?

Or, alternatively...

Are there any games (or devices) that you're looking forward to being announced/showcased at E3?

Yukari

One game I'm looking forward to is Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues. It's a spiritual sequel to one of my favorite series so yeah...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

I agree with that. Destiny is a very much anticipated game; I honestly can't believe that Activision spent $500 million to develop and promote the game. They're really trying to knock this game right out of the park, as they think it will be the "next billion dollar franchise." Which honestly, it has a good chance to succeed due to the lack of next generation games at the moment. If it doesn't do well though, it might have a huge negative impact on the company as a whole. But like I said, it will probably sell just like a normal Call of Duty game - successful right from the get-go.

TY

Besides Borderlands the Presequel I do not really look forward to anything :p

unless SC2 Legacy of the Void comes out this year

Years
Drakengard 3! Probably the only one so far that I'm looking forward to, and it's going to be released next week :D I'm looking forward to Watch_Dogs too, but I don't even have the system :c

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
unless SC2 Legacy of the Void comes out this year
If only it was coming out this year....

A few things I'm looking a bit forward to are the new Smash Bros, ORAS, and....I don't remember. I think there was something else, but I can't remember. #whycan'tIrememberthesethings

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It would be awesome if they could announce some sequel to Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask at some point. I loved this game, and have been waiting to see a continuation for it for an extremely long time, haha. I'm sure others would like it, too; in almost every video game sequel articles I run into, there's always somebody mentioning this game in the comments section.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm excited for what the PS3 will release later, some great games are coming soon. Mainly waiting for Watch Dogs, Destiny and Ace Combat Infinity <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back