• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misc: Zodiac Challenge

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
I thought this would be fun even for those that don't follow their zodiacs, plus it does make the game a bit harder if you have a lousy animal/symbol associated with your horoscope.

Basic Premise: play Pokemon [insert your version here] with Pokemon that correlate (sprite or type wise) to your Western (American), Eastern (Asian), Egyptian, Native American zodiac as well as your Western and Chinese element.

(Western)
Aries (Ram) | Taurus (Bull) | Gemini (Twins) | Cancer (Crab)
Leo (Lion) | Virgo (Virgin) | Libra (Scales) | Scorpio (Scorpion)
Sagittarius (Centaur/Hunter) | Capricorn (Goat) | Aquarius (Water Bearer) | Pisces (Fish)
2prsq5x.jpg

(Native American)

Otter: Jan 20 - Feb 18
Wolf: Feb 19 – Mar 20
Falcon: Mar 21 – Apr 19
Beaver: Apr 20 – May 20
Deer: May 21 – Jun 20
Woodpecker: Jun 21 – Jul 21
Salmon: Jul 22 – Aug 21
Bear: Aug 22 – Sep 21
Raven: Sep 22 – Oct 22
Snake: Oct 23 – Nov 22
Owl: Nov 23 – Dec 21
Goose: Dec 22 – Jan 19

(Egyptian)
Sphinx (Nile) | Shu (Wind & Air) | Isis (Femininity & Motherhood)
Osiris (Netherworld) | Amun (Creation) | Hathor (love, music, dance, queen of heaven)
Phoenix (Rebirth & Immortality) | Anubis (Future) | Thoth (Wisdom) | Horus (sun, sky, light, goodness) | Wadjet (Justice) | Sekmet (War & Conquest)

11mg70k.jpg

(Asian zodiac and element)
Asian astrology is based on the year you were born.

http://www.astrologizeme.com/your_chinese_sign.shtml

Use this site for your sign and element

Element (Western)
THE FIRE ELEMENT: (ARIES, LEO, SAGITTARIUS)
THE ELEMENT AIR: (GEMINI, LIBRA, AQUARIUS)
THE ELEMENT WATER: (CANCER, SCORPIO, PISCES)
THE ELEMENT EARTH: (TAURUS, VIRGO, CAPRICORN)

*Elements can be according to Pokemon type or egg groups.

"Wait! I'm still lost! What are the rules?"

1) Play with only the Pokemon that relate to your signs (4) and elements (2). You should have a team of 6.
2) Don't hack unless it's to get a Pokemon that's not available in-game through trade. Trading eggs over is allowed as well as AR Wild encounter modification (MUST BE A LOWER LEVEL THAN THE FIRST POKEMON ON YOUR TEAM).
3) If you can't hack or trade, you are allowed to use a Pokemon that correlates to the sign directly after one of your own.
4) Don't have a team full of legends.
5) You can have HM Slaves if none of your Pokemon can learn Fly, Surf, etc.
6) All games end at Elite 4/Red/Steven/Cynthia/N + Elite 4

Screen Name: Sooyun
Birthday: 4/20 (taurus, beaver, osiris, sheep, metal, earth)
Game: Pokemon Black
Team: Buffaloon; Watchog/Bibarel; Cofagrigus; Mebukijika/Ampharos; Gigigiaru; Emboar/Daidenki

Challengers:

~R/B/Y/G/FR/LG~

~G/S/C/HG/SS~
imevil:
Ampharos; Staraptor; Giratina/Marowak; Any fire type; Tauros; Another Fire type
Zaroas: Feraligatr, Floatzel, Pidgeot, Purugly, Mamoswine, and Gliscor

~R/S/E~
Luigi-San: Armaldo, Rapidash, Metagross, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Altaria

~D/P/Pt~
deku: Charizard/Azumarill/Crawdaunt/Mantine/Wailord

~B/W~
Sooyun:
Buffaloon; Watchog/Bibarel; Cofagrigus; Mebukijika/Ampharos; Gigigiaru; Emboar/Daidenki

~Game Unknown ATM~
Sammuthegreat: Girafarig/Rapidash/Kingdra; Noctowl/Xatu/Delibird; Ampharos/Lanturn; Arcanine/Raikou; Any Fire Pokemon; Any Fire Pokemon
(Based on your lineup, I'm guessing this will be 2nd gen?)

Completed Challengers:
none

Last edited:
Years
Ophiuchus isn't officially a sign, is it? I'm pretty sure it isn't, so I'm going to use Cancer as my western sign, since that falls under my birthday if Ophiuchus isn't present.

Screen Name: Luigi-San
Game: Ruby
Team: Armaldo, Rapidash, Metagross, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Altaria

firefoxkatan

Pokemon Knitter
Years
So according to all of these my signs/elements are for July 31, 1984:
Leo
Salmon
Anubis
Rat
Wood

LOL I don't know any one Pokemon that embodies all of these traits, so do I pick just one? Or do I make a team with all of them? I am very interested in this challenge so please forgive my stupidity <3

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
So according to all of these my signs/elements are for July 31, 1984:
Leo
Salmon
Anubis
Rat
Wood

LOL I don't know any one Pokemon that embodies all of these traits, so do I pick just one? Or do I make a team with all of them? I am very interested in this challenge so please forgive my stupidity <3

Leo: since there are no Pokemon that directly resembles a lion, use the fact a lion is part of the cat family. Persian, Delcatty, Purugly, Lepardas for ex.

Salmon: a salmon is a fish, so you'll want to use a water type or a Pokemon that looks like a straight up fish. Seaking, Remoraid, Lumineon, Mamanbou for ex.

Anubis: Anubis sees the future... Like a psychic. Any psychic type will do.

Rat: any Pokemon that's classified as/looks like a rat, mouse, squirrel, chipmunk, or whatever. Basically any "rodents."

Wood: Sudowoodo or any Pokemon that can only be found/evolved in a wooded/forested area.

You forgot to add your element for Leo. You should come up with a full team. Since Leo is a fire element, any fire type will do.

Ophiuchus isn't officially a sign, is it? I'm pretty sure it isn't, so I'm going to use Cancer as my western sign, since that falls under my birthday if Ophiuchus isn't present.

Screen Name: Luigi-San
Game: Ruby
Team: Armaldo, Rapidash, Metagross, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Altaria

I'm not seeing how your team correlates to your signs...

If your birthday is between late July/early August then your signs should be:

Crab/Cancer (Armaldo is a shrimp-like Pokemon, so it could count)

Salmon (Crawdaunt's fine)

If you are a Pheonix, then Altaria makes sense.

If you're born in the year of the Horse, then Rapidash makes sense.

If your Chinese element is metal, then Metagross makes sense.

But, if you're a Cancer (looking at the western elements which says Cancer has the element of water), where does Swellow come in?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Just to point out, I'm pretty sure you have some of those signs wrong. My birthday's Nov 27th and I know for a fact I'm Sagittarius; the Western star signs should look like this:

Goat/Capricorn: Dec 23-Jan 21
Water Carrier/ Aquarius: Jan 22-Feb 20
Fish/ Pisces: Feb 21 - Mar 20
Ram/ Aries: Mar 21 - Apr 21
Bull/ Taurus: Apr 22 - May 22
Twins/ Gemini: May 23 - June 22
Crab/ Cancer: June 23 - July 22
Lion/ Leo: July 23 - Aug 23
Virgin/ Virgo: Aug 24 - Sept 23
Scales/ Libra: Sept 24 - Oct 23
Scorpion/ Scorpio: Oct 24 - Nov 23
Archer or Centaur/ Sagittarius: Nov 24 - Dec 22

As for the Egyptian signs, a bit of research has brought up the following (I looked into it because you only put signs from January to August):

Jan. 1 to Feb. 2 – Ammon (God of Prophets)
Feb. 3 to Mar. 4 -Suchos (God of the sacred Nile)
Mar. 5 to Apr. 9 – Osiris (God of fertility)
Apr. 10 to May 2 – Ptah (God of truth)
May 3 to June 16 – Horus (God of life)
June 17 to July 21 -Nephtaphis (Goddess of true love)
July 22 to Aug. 18 Seti (God of Thunder and Lightning)
Aug. 19 to Sept. 21 Anubis (protector God)
Sept. 22 to Oct. 15 Ra (Sun God)
Oct. 16 to Nov. 9 Isis (Goddess of miracles)
Nov. 10 to Dec. 3 Thoth (God of light)
Dec. 4 to Dec. 31 Hathor (Goddess of Music and the arts)

Other than that, I like the idea for this Challenge. I've got a few other Challenges on the go at the moment so I'll do my team but won't start the Challenge just yet.

Birthday - November 27

Western sign - Sagittarius - Girafarig, Rapidash or Kingdra (Girafarig works best, Rapidash and Kingdra are both horse-like)
Native American sign - Owl - Noctowl, Xatu or Delibird (Obviously Noctowl works best)
Egyptian sign - Thoth, God of light - Ampharos, Lanturn (both known as "the Light Pokemon")
Chinese sign - Tiger - Arcanine, Raikou (I know Arcanine's a dog, but he's based on those Chinese guardian lion statues and he's orange with black stripes)
Chinese element - Fire - Any Fire Pokemon
Western element - Fire - Any Fire Pokemon

This would practically be a Fire Monotype run... heh. I'm cool with that, Fire's my favourite type.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
In with Heart Gold
one thing i noticed, im a Ares on the old chart, but Pices on this one. Can I use Aries.

Team:
Aries(Maybe): Rams Are Simmilar to sheeps, so Ampharos
Pices(Maybe): Any fish Pokemon...Gyarados
Falcon: Staraptor, hes kinda simmilar
Osiris: Girtina the only one I could think off, maybe Marowak
Fire(Maybe): Any fire type
Air(Maybe): Any fly type
Ox: Tauros
Fire: Another Fire type

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
1. It depends what kind of zodiac you use and also when you were born which affects the Opphiuchus or not. The earth shifts ever so slightly over the years, and the sunsigns coellate to whichever constellation is behind the sun at the time. Therefore as the earth shifts the constellation Opphiochus also dissappeared behind the sun, but it is said that this is only true for people born after 2009. Sicne I'm fairly certain there isn't anyone 0-2 years old on the forum I think it would be appropriate to use the "old" sun-sign system.

2. Can;t help but notice that the Egyptian signs end in August, what happens to all those (including myself) born after the 28th of August?

EDIT: Did some research on Egyptian zodiacs, it appears that you simply have mis-copy/pasted the information as I thought you would. No worries, everyone's human. But there also seems to be two different Egyptian zodiacs, the traditional and the Pharaoh's zodiac. It seems like you're going for the latter than, in any case do update the front page with the rest of the information so people like me (without the willingness to put effort into a google-search) could find their zodiacs as well.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
1. It depends what kind of zodiac you use and also when you were born which affects the Opphiuchus or not. The earth shifts ever so slightly over the years, and the sunsigns coellate to whichever constellation is behind the sun at the time. Therefore as the earth shifts the constellation Opphiochus also dissappeared behind the sun, but it is said that this is only true for people born after 2009. Sicne I'm fairly certain there isn't anyone 0-2 years old on the forum I think it would be appropriate to use the "old" sun-sign system.

2. Can;t help but notice that the Egyptian signs end in August, what happens to all those (including myself) born after the 28th of August?

EDIT: Did some research on Egyptian zodiacs, it appears that you simply have mis-copy/pasted the information as I thought you would. No worries, everyone's human. But there also seems to be two different Egyptian zodiacs, the traditional and the Pharaoh's zodiac. It seems like you're going for the latter than, in any case do update the front page with the rest of the information so people like me (without the willingness to put effort into a google-search) could find their zodiacs as well.

Seems some things did get cut off in posting. Thank you for pointing that out and thank you for explaining Ophiuchus. I'll remove that particular sign and go with the older model.

We must keep in mind that no astrology chart is set in stone and some vary as far as the days signs start or end.

ex. My birthday is April 20th so I get charts saying I'm either Aries or Taurus. I usually go with Taurus since I don't know the exact time I was born.

In with Heart Gold
one thing i noticed, im a Ares on the old chart, but Pices on this one. Can I use Aries.

Team:
Aries(Maybe): Rams Are Simmilar to sheeps, so Ampharos
Pices(Maybe): Any fish Pokemon...Gyarados
Falcon: Staraptor, hes kinda simmilar
Osiris: Girtina the only one I could think off, maybe Marowak
Fire(Maybe): Any fire type
Air(Maybe): Any fly type
Ox: Tauros
Fire: Another Fire type

I just fixed my errors, so you might as well use the old chart

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Seems some things did get cut off in posting. Thank you for pointing that out and thank you for explaining Ophiuchus. I'll remove that particular sign and go with the older model.

You ignored my post before that said more or less the same thing. Grumble.

Ah well. Maybe I'll redo my team with the updated sign lists...

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
You ignored my post before that said more or less the same thing. Grumble.

Ah well. Maybe I'll redo my team with the updated sign lists...

I didn't. I'm just making it known that I acknowledge my mistake. And I mentioned that there's no astrology chart set in stone (esp. between the ancient and more recent Egyptian model.) I personally prefer the newer model so that's the one I went with.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Wow, this is finally a nice new idea for a challenge.

Name: Xilfer123, call me Xil XD
Playing: Pokemon Emerald.
Zodiacs: Let's see, i was born in 1998, 8, September so my Zodiacs are...
Virgo, Bear, Toth, Tiger, Earth, And another Earth i think.
Well, Virgo could stand as a sign of alone, considering a pokemon wich hasn't got an evolution or pre-evolution, so....A Female Absol.
Bear, a sign of power, and of the Teddiursa family, after all Ursaring is undoubtably a sign of power XD
Toth, the symbol of wisdom, A wise pokemon.... wise could also mean ancient, Armaldo! i like that pokemon anyway.
Tiger: Arcanine, it's the closest to tiger pokemon we'll ever seem to get....
The Two Earths i got: Golem would be cool, yeah, Golem and....Sandlslash! yes that sums it up.

So i'll get to it! :)
Also, i've decided i will cheat in a Sandshrew as my starter since they are a long way away, i will catch a Geodude myself and trade it with my friend who will trade it back to me for a golem.
Growlithe will be traded over too, when my friend has the opportunuity.
I will trade in a Teddiursa too, from my pokemon silver.

Last edited:
Years
I'm not seeing how your team correlates to your signs...

If your birthday is between late July/early August then your signs should be:

Crab/Cancer (Armaldo is a shrimp-like Pokemon, so it could count)

Salmon (Crawdaunt's fine)

If you are a Pheonix, then Altaria makes sense.

If you're born in the year of the Horse, then Rapidash makes sense.

If your Chinese element is metal, then Metagross makes sense.

But, if you're a Cancer (looking at the western elements which says Cancer has the element of water), where does Swellow come in?

My native american zodiac is Woodpecker.

My thinking was:

Cancer (Crab): Crawdaunt
Horse: Rapidash
Metal: Metagross
Phoenix: Altaria
Woodpecker: Swellow
Water (element): Armaldo (in Water 3 egg group)

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2014
This looks fun.

Name: Seven
Playing: Platinum
Zodiacs: 10/12/89 Libra, Raven, Horus, Snake, Air (Western Element), and Earth (Earth Snake).
Libra: The scales are traditionally a sign of balance and justice. Based on that I decided to go with a fighting pokemon, and I chose Gallade, which has the additional advantage of being dual types that balance each other out.
Raven: The most obvious choice here is the Murkrow line. I will have to hack it over, though.
Horus: The god of the sun, sky, light and goodness. I tried to find a pokemon that held all of those traits, and my end decision is Togekiss. It is a flying pokemon and is said to give others blessings of kindness. In addition it knows sunny day and other fire and lightning attacks that might be said to embody the sun and light.
Snake: There are no snake pokemon in Platinum before the national dex, so I decided to choose the closest thing. Milotic is my choice here.
Air: What better to represent air than a hot-air balloon? I chose the Drifloon line.
Earth: I chose the Turtwig line. Grass and ground are both a part of the earth. Plus there's the ease of having one of my zodiacs as a starter pokemon.

I believe this should all check out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2023
I need help choosing pokemon.
My Zodiacs are Gemini, Deer, Hathor, Rooster, Water and Air.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I need help choosing pokemon.
My Zodiacs are Gemini, Deer, Hathor, Rooster, Water and Air.

Obviously it depends on the game you're playing, but...

Gemini: Doduo, Minun/Plusle, Shellos/Gastrodon (East and West Sea versions)
Deer: Gotta be Stantler, or the seasonal deer in B/W
Hathor (love, music, dance, queen of heaven): love could mean Luvdisc or the one from B/W that looks like an evolved Luvdisc, music could be Kricketune or Chatot (or even Whismur/Loudred/Exploud, seeing as they make lots of noise) or Meloetta from B/W, queen of heaven... Dunno about that one.
Rooster: surprisingly tricky. You could probably get away with any bird, I guess. There aren't any chickens per se.
Water: obviously any water-type
Air: obviously any flying-type.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Okay, so here is mine:​

Name: deku

Birthday: June 27th
Cancer (Crab) --> [Crab Pokemon] Kingler, Crawdaunt, Crustle
Woodpecker --> [Flying Pokemon] Charizard, Mantine, Pelipper, Swanna
Phoenix (Rebirth & Immortality) --> [High HP Stat, Fire-Birds] Blissey, Wailord, Alomomola, Charizard
Rat --> [Rodent Pokemon] Raticate, Raichu, Dugtrio, Furret, Azumarill, Linoone, Bibarel, Watchog
Fire & Water Types --> [From Above] Kingler, Crawdaunt, Charizard, Mantine, Pelipper, Swanna, Wailord, Alomomola, Charizard, Azumarill, Bibarel​

Game: Pokemon Diamond or Pearl​

Team:
4.png
5.png
6.png
Nix theCharizard [Phoenix/Woodpecker] Fire/Flying
4.png
5.png
6.png

298.png
183.png
184.png
Muris the Azumarill [Rodent] Water
298.png
183.png
184.png

341.png
342.png
Kani the Crawdaunt [Crab] Water/Dark
341.png
342.png

458.png
226.png
Oliver the Mantine [Woodpecker] Water/Flying
458.png
226.png

320.png
321.png
Atlantis the Wailord [Rebirth & Immortality] Water
320.png
321.png

I'm going to Shiny RNG breed my team for fun, so I'm going to have shiny Charizard, Mantine, and Wailord along with normal Azurill and Crawdaunt.​

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Name: Zaroas
Birthday: Febrauary 1st (Aquarius, Otter, Shu, Tiger, Earth, Air)
Game: Pokemon Soulsilver
Team: Feraligatr, Floatzel (Qualifies as an otter, I guess.), Pidgeot, Purugly, Mamoswine, and Gliscor.

Not very versatile in terms of typing, but eh, it's a challenge.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
So here are my signs:

Capricorn (Goat)
Earth
Goose
Sphinx (Nile)
Cat (Rabbit)
Fire

Need some help here with the signs, not the elements. As for the game...I dunno. Multiple gens would be helpful...

Back