• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your suggestions for Essentials

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I thought there is actually a setting called Game Over, within the event, I'm not sure if it works... But if that fails, you could always use the second part of the event (the losing part), to show a game over picture then use, return to title... Other than these, I can't see the answer.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Yeah, a Game Over function really wouldn't be too hard to recreate yourself, and it's pretty game-specific so it's not like to make it into an 'Essential' kit.

Other suggestion: Can a Debug option be added to change information on the player? I suppose that would just be the name and gender...
In lack of a save-file converter for the time being, I offered to re-make the save files of my players who have to start over due to save-type updates or other glitches, but I realized I can't practically do this without being able to change the Player info (running the original name command again for some reason deactivates any use of the pokedex, even if the variable is set to true again). It could also be useful for other testing purposes though.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Other suggestion: Can a Debug option be added to change information on the player? I suppose that would just be the name and gender...
In lack of a save-file converter for the time being, I offered to re-make the save files of my players who have to start over due to save-type updates or other glitches, but I realized I can't practically do this without being able to change the Player info (running the original name command again for some reason deactivates any use of the pokedex, even if the variable is set to true again). It could also be useful for other testing purposes though.
The player's gender depends on their trainer type, so couldn't be changed separately. However, those debug options will probably get into Essentials at some point.

I did offer to advise on how you could create a save converter, if you remember. There's a way to do it automatically without having to recreate anything from scratch. PM me if you want help.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
When you slide on ice, the camera is always offsetted when you stop sliding. It is a rather jarring effect

Maruno

Years
That's not a suggestion, that's a bug. It's a known bug at that, so it doesn't need mentioning.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
can i suggest that a pokédex rating system added or is this doable via events already?

Maruno

Years
can i suggest that a pokédex rating system added or is this doable via events already?
You mean, being able to call Prof. Oak and he'll say something based on how many species you've seen/caught? You can already do exactly that in Essentials.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
$Trainer.pokedexOwned and $Trainer.pokedexSeen is what you will need for that.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
thank you for the tip ive now got it so professor oak tells you how many pokemon you own and how many youve seen only thing im having issues with is getting him to judge your performance but working on it

Maruno

Years
Look in the Common Events. There's already an example there, which is used when calling the Prof on the phone.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok i feel dumb now especially since i have just made a script for it for when speaking to prof oak

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok another suggestion either remove the generate code option in the pokemon debug or allow a way to imput codes to gen pokemon

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
Personally I would like to have a way to make maps similar to dive maps except have them as sky maps or underground maps, AND YES I do know that I could just copy the Dive map scripts and such, BUT the major problem is I (along with many other people here) have little to no idea what I'm doing when I'm scripting in RMXP x.x

Edit: Or if you don't want to make the whole thing I'm sure most people would be happy with a tutorial on how someone could go about this and what all they would have to copy and edit and such.

Last edited:

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
I would the "fix" of the Scene_Movie script xD
When the border is on, the video coordinates are 0 and 0, not $ResizeFactor :D

Is it possible to move the video with that script?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
Now that moves and abilities like Air Balloon which make a user immune to a type of attack are programmed in, the AI should be changed to reflect that.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I think that in the future essentials should have the most up-to-date graphics (animated battle sprites, BW/2 tiles and sprites, etc). I also think that all the items should updated in the PBS folder (to BW2 specifications, e.g. DNA Link Pin, etc) as well as all 649 pokemon + their form changes.

Years
A Suggestion for the next release: Support for different pokémon-icons like the sprites. Some female pokémon have a different icon, so it would be nice, if Essentials support female-icons. You can combine this feature with a different icon for shiny pokémon, if you want. I already changed the mentioned code in my project:

PokemonUtilities around line 1462

Replace
Code:
    bitmapFileName=pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Icons/icon%03d_%d",pokemon.species,(pokemon.form rescue 0)))
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Icons/icon%03d",
       pokemon.species) if !bitmapFileName

with

Code:
    bitmapFileName=pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Icons/icon%03d%s%s_%d",pokemon.species,
       pokemon.gender==1 ? "f" : "",
       pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",(pokemon.form rescue 0)))
    bitmapFileName=pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Icons/icon%03d%s_%d",pokemon.species,
       pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",(pokemon.form rescue 0))) if !bitmapFileName
    bitmapFileName=pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Icons/icon%03d%s%s",pokemon.species,
       pokemon.gender==1 ? "f" : "",
       pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "")) if !bitmapFileName
    bitmapFileName=pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Icons/icon%03d%s",pokemon.species,
       pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "")) if !bitmapFileName

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Returning to sprite reposition, can we add some sort of way to jump to a certain letter?

That crash thing still exists, and while I know it's just because of using gifs, I know I'm not the only one who uses them. And even for static sprites, it would be useful to quickly navigate rather than scrolling through 500-650 pokemon.
Meanwhile, I've been trying to reposition some sprites today- not a lot, just the ones that are like off-the platform. Scrolling through animated sprites is terribly slow for loading, that can't be helped... But I've found that no matter what I do, after so many sprites are loaded, it'll crash. This means even jumping with the Page Down/Up keys, I literally cannot get to anything past Lugia to edit. And even getting that far has literally taken me seven hours.
I'm going to keep trying. I've had to modify pokemon.txt manually in several cases, and maybe I'll just have to do that for all of them until I can get to my Page Up range. It'll probably take me all of tomorrow. So regardless it's too late for me. But I don't wish having to go through these mind numbing crashes/slow scrolls on other people using animated sprites... So, I think having a jump to letter feature if at all possible, would be really helpful. It would definitely solve this issue, and be convenient otherwise.

Back