Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Kalos Travel Journal

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old May 8th, 2015 (02:04 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
My Eevee just evolved into Sylveon, yes! :D
Old May 8th, 2015 (07:28 PM).
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
April 11, 2015

I rotated in a new team of Pokémon: Purrloin, Carnivine, Gogoat, and Escavalier. I decided to leave Couriway Town, and explore the next route. Route 19, or Grande Vallée Way, was swampy area that surrounded some hills. A large wooden bridge spanned a wide valley between two of the hills, making a convenient shortcut to Snowbelle City. I saw some wild Sliggoo in some of the deeper waters. They must love this damp area.

I battled a trainer who had a pair of Pumpkaboo, and my Purrloin easily defeated them, and evolved into Liepard!

374. Liepard

April 13, 2015

I did a lot of exploring of Grande Vallée Way in the evening. Most of the wild Pokémon I saw in the area were ones I’ve already encountered in the eastern mountain region of Kalos. I had battles with plenty of trainers, many of whom were Pokémon Rangers helping to take care of the Pokémon who made the murky water here their home. While I was on one of the hills, I came across a horde of Gligar! So I found another familiar Pokémon in Kalos. One of them was able to withstand a Leaf Tornado attack from my Carnivine. The rest were knocked out in a single hit. Since the one that was weakened likely had a higher defense, I decided to try to catch it. It took two Poké Balls, but I managed to catch it!

“Gligar, the Flyscoripion Pokémon. Gligar usually cling to cliffs. When they spot prey, they spread their wings and glide down to attack. They fly straight at their targets’ faces, then clamp down on the startled victims to inject poison.”

375. Gligar

A little later, I found Shauna exploring the route near the large bridge. She said she would like to challenge me to a Pokémon battle, since it’s been over a year since we battled and our Kalos journey has taken us far and wide. Since it was getting late, I asked if we could have our battle tomorrow, so that we each have time to train. She agreed.

I finished training the current team, and then brought them to the Pokémon Center for treatment. I then had Cubone, Wingull, and Pancham join Delibird, and decided that those four Pokémon would be the team I challenge Shauna with. I had them each practice their moves, and I received a little surprise. As Wingull fired some Air Slashes, it started to form a powerful gust which was able to lift objects into the air. It looks like Wingull learned a new move. Now it can use Hurricane in addition to Air Slash! I still think both moves are essential, because although Hurricane is quite powerful, it is not very accurate. But hopefully, adding a move like that to our arsenal will help with any grass or fighting-type Pokémon we might face!

April 14, 2015

Shauna and I postponed our battle for now, but I did take the opportunity to train my Pokémon. First I took Delibird to a Super Training facility, and we kept training until it defeated all 30 challenges. I always forget how difficult some of those challenges are. In addition to Delibird getting all 30 Super Training medals, we earned a Dusk Stone, Dawn Stone, and a Fire Stone, the latter of which I don’t currently have any of. It also allowed Delibird to earn the Training Ribbon!

April 15, 2015

I finally had my battle with Shauna. We met on Grande Vallée Way like we planned. I was excited for the battle because one of my Pokémon had learned a new move, which I couldn’t wait to try out.

“This reminds me of our battle back when we met in Aquacorde Town!” Shauna exclaimed. “You’ll get to see my Pokémon friends that I caught on my journey! Starting with… my Delcatty!”

“A Delcatty, eh? Ok.” I sent out my first Pokémon. “Pancham, maximize!”

“Your Pancham looks great!” She commented. “Ok, I’ll attack first. Delcatty, use Charm!”

“Pancham, dodge that!” My Pokémon easily dodged the attack. “Great job! Now do the opposite of what they wanted. Use Swords Dance!”

“Powering up your Pokémon, I see. Delcatty, time to Play Rough!”

The super-effective attack hit, but Pancham was able to withstand the damage.

“You’re doing great, Pancham!” I encouraged my Pokémon. “Now let’s show off your new move. Use Sky Uppercut!”

Pancham quickly ran up to Delcatty, winding up its arm, and then launching Delcatty into the air with a very strong super-effective attack!

“That was really powerful. You’ve really become strong on your journey,” Shauna recalled her Pokémon. “Let me show you how strong I’ve become. Go, Greninja!”

“Hey, that’s the Froakie you started your journey with!” I was prepared for it though. “Pancham, return, you did great out there. Time to relive our first battle, Shauna! Chesnaught, maximize!”

“You think I’m not ready for that?” Shauna seemed to have a plan. “Greninja, use Extrasensory!”

The unexpected attack was super-effective, doing significant damage.

“Chesnaught, no! Quick, strike back with Leech Seed!”

Leech Seed hit, slowly draining Greninja’s energy.

“That won’t be enough!” Shauna yelled. “Use Extrasensory again!”

“Chesnaught, use Spiky Shield to defend!” I called out a counter move.

“That shield won’t do much against a special attack,” Shauna observed. “Greninja keep up the Extrasensory attack!”

She was right. Chesnaught’s shield broke, and it was blasted with the psychic attack. Chesnaught fell.

“I win!” Shauna cheered.

But I saw that Chesnaught was holding on! “Not quite yet, Shauna! Now, Chesnaught, use Seed Bomb!”

Since Greninja was weakened from the Leech Seed, the attack was just enough to knock it out!

“Chesnaught, return, you deserve a good long rest.” Both of us recalled our Pokémon.

“Ok, Steve, here comes my last Pokémon,” said Shauna. “Goodra, I choose you!”

“Goodra?” I asked. “What’s a Goodra?”

“Goodra, the Dragon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sliggoo. Goodra attack with retractable horns. They throw punches that are the equivalent of the force of a hundred pro boxers. These very friendly dragon-type Pokémon will hug their beloved trainers, leaving those trainers covered in sticky slime.”

“Wow, so it looks like that little Goomy I caught has a powerful final evolution,” I commented as I put away my Pokédex. “Guess I’ll go with the obvious choice. Delibird, maximize!”

“Wow, I can’t believe you found another differently-colored Pokémon,” Shauna looked at it with wide eyes.

“I’ve been lucky in Kalos, I guess,” I called my first move. “Delibird, use Frost Breath!”

Frost Breath hit, but didn’t do as much damage as I had hoped.

“Goodra, use Dragon Pulse!”

The blast hit Delibird, knocking it out immediately!

“Wow, that was some power,” I recalled my Pokémon. “Delibird, thank you, you tried your best.”

“Want to try another Pokémon against my Goodra?” Shauna asked.

“I do.” I tossed out my next Poké Ball. “Cubone, you’re up!”

“We got this, Goodra,” Shauna said, sounding confident. “Use Dragon Pulse!”

“Get ready, Cubone!” My Pokémon responded in understanding, bracing itself. The attack hit, but Cubone was able to take it fairly well! “Nice job! Now strike back with Power-Up Punch!”

Cubone got in close and struck Goodra, but what I was really going for was the attack boost.

Shauna responded. “Knock it away with another Dragon Pulse!”

Since Cubone was closed in on Goodra, the blast knocked it back quite a bit.

“Cubone, before it can recover, use Boneberang!”

The double hit from Cubone’s weapon was all we needed. Cubone defeated Shauna’s Goodra!

Before we could recover from the battle, Tierno and Trevor showed up, and Tierno challenged me to a battle. I knew my Pokémon were not up for the challenge, but Tierno immediately sent out his Talonflame. After powering up with Swords Dance, it easily wiped the floor with all of my Pokémon. I told him I would give my Pokémon some recovery time, train some more, and be back to challenge him, and win this time!

April 17, 2015

I took the opportunity today to have my Wingull earn its 11th ribbon, the Relax Ribbon. I can’t wait to get back to the Hoenn region and enter my Pokémon in some Pokémon Contests!

After a bit more training with my Pokémon, I re-challenged Tierno. I decided to bring along Lanturn, since I figured it would make a good match-up for Tierno’s Talonflame. With a little assist from Delibird, we were able to defeat it. Then Wingull easily beat his Roserade with a single Hurricane. Finally, my Pancham was a perfect type match-up for his Crawdaunt.

After my battle with Tierno, Trevor decided to battle me for the first time! He started off with a Raichu. My choice of Pokémon was obvious. I went with Cubone, and easily won the match. Next up was Aerodactyl, who proved a little more difficult. It took both Gligar and Wingull to bring it down. And last up was Trevor’s Florges, and I had to use Cubone and Delibird to win that one. After our battle, they left in the direction of Couriway Town. Meanwhile, I finished crossing the bridge, and entered Snowbelle City!

Despite being the season of spring, here in Snowbelle City you would think it was the dead of winter. When I asked some folks at the Pokémon Canter, they said that it was because of all the ice-types in the Pokémon Gym. So my last gym challenge will be an ice challenge. Good to know. I left my Pokémon who just battled hard with Nurse Joy, then had another group of Pokémon sent to me. This time it will be Yanmega, Sneasel, Eevee, and Voltorb.

April 22, 2015

I explored a little bit of Snowbelle City. I think I would have been more in awe of its beauty if I wasn’t so sick of cold, snowy weather by now. I found the Pokémon Gym, but the gym leader was not there. I was told he went into the nearby Winding Woods. I believe that’s where Professor Sycamore said he was going to be, so I decided that’s a good place as any to explore next.

Near the entrance to the forest, I ran into the professor. He gave me a Pokémon egg and told me that somewhere on the other side of these woods is a place called the Pokémon Village, where Pokémon who are injured or abandoned go to rest and recover. He also said that he has a few more Pokémon eggs for me, once I’m ready. Then he left for the Pokémon Center.

As I walked around the Winding Woods, the egg I was given hatched. It was an Igglybuff! I’m still shocked to discover familiar species of Pokémon in the Kalos region.

“Igglybuff, the Balloon Pokémon. Igglybuff have very soft bodies. Instead of walking with their short legs, they move around by bouncing. If they start to roll, they will bounce all over and be impossible to stop.”

376. Igglybuff

I found a large, moss-covered rock near the entrance to the forest. Figuring out what it was, I brought out my Eevee to train. We battled against some wild Jigglypuff that were in the area, and it wasn’t long before my Eevee evolved into Leafeon!

“Jigglypuff, the Balloon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Igglybuff. Jigglypuff captivate foes with their huge, round eyes, then lull them to sleep by singing a soothing melody. If they inflate to sing a lullaby, they can perform longer and cause sure drowsiness in their audiences.”

377. Leafeon

April 23, 2015

I continued to train my current team around Snowbelle City. My Voltorb evolved into Electrode, and my Igglybuff evolved into Jigglypuff!

378. Electrode

379. Jigglypuff

May 1, 2015

After training the current team at the Battle Chateau over the last few days, I rotated in the next group of Pokémon consisting of Seadra, Diggersby, Poliwag, and Trubbish. I then stopped in Couriway Town and took my Pancham to the hotel there, where it earned a Relax Ribbon, making 11 ribbons for it.

May 8, 2015

I started the morning off in Couriway Town, where I obtained a Relax Ribbon for my Delibird. Now, all four of my shiny Pokémon have the same 11 ribbons, except for Delibird which has yet to earn the Footprint Ribbon.

Then I decided to train my team in the nearby Terminus Cave. There were a few entrances to explore of the old mine. The first chamber I found was rather small, but I did manage to find a Normal Gem, and even more importantly, a Dragon Scale! I gave it to my Seadra, and it evolved into Kingdra! Kingdra is one of those Pokémon I don’t think I’ve had the opportunity to train much before, so I am excited to have it on my team.

“Kingdra, the Dragon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Seadra. Kingdra store energy by sleeping at underwater depths at which no other life-forms can survive. It is said that they usually hide in underwater caves. They can create whirlpools by yawning.”

380. Kingdra

I found a small second chamber, but didn’t really find much of interest there. After a brief stop at the Pokémon Center, I returned to the mines, battling wild Pokémon along the way. And my Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl! So I gave it a King’s Rock, and it evolved further into a Politoed! Like Slowking and Kingdra, this is a Pokémon I’m very excited to train, because I never really got to train a Politoed before.

“Politoed, the Frog Pokémon, and an evolved form of Poliwhirl. Politoed sing in a loud voice that sounds like bellowing whenever they get together. If Poliwag and Poliwhirl hear their echoing cries, they respond by gathering from far and wide.”

381. Politoed

The third entrance to the mines proved to lead into a much larger cave to explore. I trained my Pokémon against the wild Pokémon there for a little experience. Then I ran into a horde of Larvitar! I picked one out, and had Politoed use Hypnosis on it. Two Poké Balls later, and I caught it!

“Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokémon. Larvitar feed on soil. Born deep underground, they come aboveground once they have finished eating the surrounding soil. After they eat a large mountain, they fall asleep so they can grow.”

382. Larvitar

I then decided to leave the cave for a while and train my team in the area around Couriway Town. During this time, my Trubbish evolved into Garbodor!

383. Garbodor

After a bit more battling with that group, I rotated my Pokémon out, having Barbaracle, Cubchoo, Houndoom, and Kangaskhan sent to me. Also, I noticed I had received another Kalos medal a few weeks ago, bringing my total to 84!

A-040-1 Adventure O-Power Pro A Medal to recognize those who have received all of the O-Powers from Mr. Bonding. 04/23/2015
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 137 Obtained 114
Kalos Medals: 86
Kalos Ribbons: 11

Old May 27th, 2015 (05:28 PM).
Exploring Kalos

May 11, 2015

While training with my current team, my Cubchoo evolved into Beartic!

384. Beartic

Then I continued my exploration of Terminus Cave. Among the other familiar wild Pokémon I passed by in the cave, I found a few Ariados that ambushed me and my Pokémon from the ceiling of the cavern!

“Ariados, the Long Leg Pokémon, and the evolved form of Spinarak. Ariados spin string not only from their rear but also from their mouth. It’s hard to tell which end is which. They attach silk to their prey and set it free, only to track the prey later.”

I also saw some fluttering up in the ceiling. I assumed it was some Zubat, but the Pokédex says that Zubat don’t live in the mountains of Kalos. One finally flew down closer, and it definitely wasn’t a Zubat! Who’s that Pokémon?

“Noibat, the Sound Wave Pokémon. Noibat live in pitch-black caves. Their enormous ears can emit ultrasonic waves of 200,000 hertz. Even a robust wrestler will become dizzy and unable to stand when exposed to these ultrasonic waves.”

A new Pokémon! I tried to catch one, but the Poké Ball failed, and then it used Whirlwind to escape. I tried to find another, but any time I did the result was the same. Since I was becoming frustrated with the search, I decided to take a break from it for the rest of the afternoon.

Later in the evening, I gave it another try. I spent a good few hours searching. When I did find a Noibat, it would usually use Whirlwind to escape, and once was my own fault when I had Beartic use Slash to weaken it and ended up landing a critical hit. I finally decided to get smarter about it. I went back to the Pokémon Center and had my Octillery sent over to me. With its ability of Suction Cups, Whirlwind would have no effect! That was a perfect strategy, because the next one I encounter, I finally was able to capture!

385. Noibat

May 12, 2015

There was something I didn’t realize yesterday. Noibat has a very interesting type combination. Zubat are flying and poison-types, Woobat are flying and psychic-types, and now Noibat are flying and dragon-type! I thought that was pretty cool and interesting. Although that combination does make it terribly weak to ice-type attacks. And I wonder if it has an evolution?

I continued to explore Terminus Cave. I eventually covered the entire first floor, battling a few trainers with rock and ground-type Pokémon, and even found a Moon Stone, which will be useful when my Jigglypuff is ready to evolve. Then I decided to head to the Battle Chateau for some more efficient training of my Pokémon team. Once I felt they all had a good workout, I returned to the Pokémon Center in Snowbelle City, and rotated out my Pokémon for Furfrou, Murkrow, Magnemite, and Stunfisk.

I stopped in the Winding Woods as well, where Professor Sycamore gave me another Pokémon egg. It hatched into a Shuppet!

“Shuppet, the Puppet Pokémon. Shuppet love vengeful emotions and hang in rows under the eaves of houses where vengeful people live. It is said they use their horn to feed on envy and malice. They are very active at night.”

386. Shuppet

I think it’s interesting to note, that I now have as many Pokémon in Kalos as there were in the first three Pokémon regions combined. And back then, despite traveling Hoenn and Kanto for four years, I never caught them all. And I caught 386 in Kalos in a year and a half. Still so many more to go, though!

May 13, 2015

I took my team back to Terminus Cave for more training and exploration. I went deeper into the cave and found a trainer named Andrea who challenged me to a battle. She used a Throh and a Conkeldurr!

“Conkeldurr, the Muscular Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gurdurr. Conkeldurr master moves that utilize the centrifugal force of spinning concrete rather than relying on pure force. It is thought that they taught humans how to make concrete more than 2,000 years ago.”

Unfortunately, my entire team was ultimately defeated by her two Pokémon. So after bringing them to the Pokémon Center for recovery, we did a little more training. My Magnemite evolved into Magneton!

387. Magneton

Then we explored a little bit more of Terminus Cave near Andrea, and I found a Dusk Stone in one of the cave’s corners. That’s actually quite convenient. I gave it to my Murkrow, and it evolved into Honchkrow!

388. Honchkrow

With my newly evolved Pokémon, I re-challenged Andrea, and won, though barely. It came down to my little Shuppet landing repeated Phantom Force attacks on a paralyzed Conkeldurr. I then explored more of the cave, battling many more trainers who mostly had fighting-type Pokémon. They made great opponents for my Honchkrow. Although there was a Sawk with the ability Sturdy that proved a challenge, Shuppet came through again with its priority Shadow Sneak attack.

The battles were tough, but my Pokémon became stronger from them. And my Delibird learned a new defensive move; now it can use Double Team! After the long hours of exploring the tunnels, I returned to the Pokémon Center and gave my Pokémon a well-deserved rest with Nurse Joy. I then had Accelgor, Swinub, Chesnaught, and Sylveon sent over to me.

May 14, 2015

I stopped to see Professor Sycamore in the Winding Woods, and he gave me a Pokémon egg that hatched into Zorua! For as rare as Zorua are in Unova, I never expected to find any in Kalos.

“Zorua, the Tricky Fox Pokémon. Zorua hide their true identities by transforming into people and Pokémon to protect themselves from danger. They change so they look like their foes, trick them, and then use that opportunity to flee.”

389. Zorua

I then decided to take that team to the Battle Chateau for some training. While I was there, my Swinub evolved into Piloswine!

390. Piloswine

May 18, 2015

I did more training at the chateau, and then rotated my team for Foongus, Basculin, Carbink, and Sliggoo.

May 19, 2015

I received yet another Pokémon egg from the professor in the Winding Woods, and it hatched into a Gothita!

“Gothita, the Fixation Pokémon. Gothita have ribbonlike feelers that increase their psychic power. They are always intently staring at something. Apparently, they are looking at something that only they can see.”

391. Gothita

Then it was back to the Battle Chateau, for yet more training. This time, my Foongus evolved into Amoonguss!

“Amoonguss, the Mushroom Pokémon, and the evolved form of Foongus. Amoonguss lure prey close by dancing and waving their arm caps, which look like Poké Balls, in a swaying motion. Very few Pokémon are fooled by this.”

392. Amoonguss

After finishing with that team, I had Aegislash, Smoochum, Snover, and Patrat.

May 21, 2015

I took my team of five Pokémon to the Winding Woods, and received another egg from Professor Sycamore. This egg hatched into a Bonsly!

“Bonsly, the Bonsai Pokémon, and pre-evolved form of Sudowoodo. Bonsly prefer arid environments. They leak water that looks like tears when adjusting their moisture levels.”

393. Bonsly

“That’s the last Pokémon egg I have for you,” stated the professor. “You’re well on your way to completing the Kalos Pokédex. Though I do have one more surprise for you. Come see me at my lab once you’ve completed your Central Kalos Pokédex, and I’ll share it with you!”

So the professor left, and I decided I would finally explore the Winding Woods. I trained my team against many of the wild Pokémon in the area. I saw some Pokémon I haven’t seen yet in Kalos, so I scanned them with my Pokédex!

“Noctowl, the Owl Pokémon, and the evolved form of Hoothoot. Noctowl have eyes that are specially adapted. They concentrate even faint light and enable them to see in the dark. When they need to think, they rotate their head 180 degrees to sharpen their intellectual power.”

“Gothorita, the Manipulate Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gothita. Gothorita mark star positions by using psychic power to float stones. Starlight is the source of their power. According to many old tales, they create friends for themselves by controlling sleeping children on starry nights.”

After my Smoochum battled the wild Gothorita we encountered, it evolved into Jynx!

394. Jynx

May 24, 2015

I did some more training in the Winding Woods. My Snover had a hard battle against a wild Noctowl, and afterwards it evolved into Abomasnow!

“Abomasnow, the Frosted Tree Pokémon, and the evolved form of Snover. Abomasnow live quiet lives on mountains that are perpetually covered in snow. They blanket wide areas in snow by whipping up blizzards. Travelers sometimes refer to one they’ve spotted as ‘The Ice Monster.’ “

395. Abomasnow

After that, it was my Patrat’s turn at some battling. After a battle with a wild Jigglypuff, which was a battle of Sing versus Hypnosis, my Patrat evolved into Watchog!

396. Watchog

May 25, 2015

Now that I have an Abomasnow, I can use the Abomasite I was given back in Frost Cavern. I tried it out, and my Abomasnow mega evolved into Mega Abomasnow! It gets a huge boost to its attack and special attack, in exchange for losing a bit in its defenses.

I continued exploring the Winding Woods while training my team. I can see why they call it the Winding Woods! It was very easy to get turned around and lost despite following the path. After extensively exploring, I was on my way out of the forest and ran into one final surprise Pokémon. It was a Zoroark! I can’t believe such a rare Pokémon can be found in the wild in Kalos!

“Zoroark, the Illusion Fox Pokémon, and the evolved form of Zorua. Zoroark have the ability to fool a large group of people simultaneously. The bond between these Pokémon are strong. They protect their lairs by tricking their opponents with illusionary scenery.”

May 26, 2015

Finally, I am on my last rotation of Pokémon for this round of training! I had Tyrantrum, Vivillon, Pinsir, and Bergmite sent to me. I finished making my way through the Winding Woods, and exited out onto an open field. There was a man there surrounded by some Pokémon. The Pokémon scattered when they saw me emerge from the forest. The man turned around to address me.

“Do you know what this place is?” The man began. “This is the Pokémon Village. Most of the Pokémon here are runaways from trainers who did awful things to them. It’s a shame how many heartless trainers there are out there.”

The man looked down at my Delibird who was happily standing beside me. “Your Pokémon seems to think highly of you. You’ve had some good times together, haven’t you?”

He then turned around and called all the Pokémon to come back. They gathered around him once more. He introduced himself as Wulfric, the Snowbelle City Gym Leader. I introduced myself and mentioned that I would like to challenge him for my eighth and final gym badge. He accepted, and told me to stop by the gym whenever I was ready. Meanwhile, he gave me permission to explore Pokémon Village, and even battle or capture the wild Pokémon that live here.

So explore I did. I didn’t immediately find any new Pokémon, but these wild Pokémon were of a very high level, and made good opponents to give my team experience. Soon, my Bergmite evolved into Avalugg!

397. Avalugg

I continued to walk around the wide open area, battling more Pokémon, and even saw a Snorlax fast asleep under a small canopy. Then I found an interesting item. Though I have documented it, I have been finding the type plates all through Kalos. I found one here as well. It seems a plate for fairy-type exists, as I picked up a Pixie Plate. These plates change the Alpha Pokémon Arceus into different types, so it appears it can change form to fairy-type as well! I placed it in my bag with the other plates and continued to explore.

Then I found a Pokémon I haven’t seen yet in Kalos. Or, maybe I did and just didn’t realize it. It was a shape-changing Ditto! I tossed a few Poké Balls, and managed to catch it on the second try.

“Ditto, the Transform Pokémon. Ditto can freely recombine their own cellular structures to transform into any other life-form they see. Some have been said to have the ability to even transform into inanimate objects.”

398. Ditto

May 27, 2015

I finished training that team of Pokémon, and then begin to consider what Pokémon to take with me into the Snowbelle City Gym. I think Pancham is a good choice; it would be its first gym battle, but fighting-type moves will be very helpful. Not many of the new Kalos Pokémon seem to be good matchups, though I think Talonflame and Aegislash would do well. I decided on Aegislash. And as for a Pokémon that could mega evolve… that’s even tougher. The only ones who haven’t battled in a gym yet are all weak against ice-type attacks, except for Lucario and Blastoise. Since I already have steel and fighting covered with my other two choices, I decided to go with Blastoise.

So I entered the freezing cold Pokémon gym, and battled the many Ace Trainers inside to give my trio of Pokémon some practice battling ice-types. Some of them used some evolved ice-types I haven’t seen in a while, but pretty much predicted I would run into in the gym. Although, I really thought it would be the gym leader that might use at least one of them.

“Mamoswine, the Twin Tusk Pokémon, and the evolved form of Piloswine. Mamoswine have impressive tusks made of ice. One was dug from ice dating back 10,000 years. These Pokémon have been around a long, long time, but the population thinned when it turned warm after the ice age.”

“Vanilluxe, the Snowstorm Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vanillish. Vanilluxe swallow large amounts of water and make snow clouds inside their bodies. If both heads get angry simultaneously, they expel a blizzard, burying everything in snow.”

I returned to the Pokémon Center, and gave my Pokémon a brief rest before taking on Wulfric!

Old July 4th, 2015 (06:33 AM).
Exploring Kalos

Yikes, more than a month since my last post! I really have lost steam...

Snowbelle City Gym Challenge
Vs. Wulfric

Wulfric and I took our places on his battlefield of ice at the top of large sets of ice stairs.

“Y’know what?” Wulfric began to say. “Ice is both extremely hard and terribly fragile at the same time. You know what that means? Depending on which Pokémon you choose and what moves they use, I could be your most challenging opponent yet or I could be a total pushover.”

Here’s to hoping my selectiongs put him in the “total pushover” category.

“But that’s all right,” he continued. “That’s how it should be!”

Both of use selected out first Poké Ball.

“Anyway, enough of my ramblings! Wulfric banged on his large belly and threw his Poké Ball. “Abomasnow, let’s get this show on the road!”

Abomasnow took the field, and hail started to fall over the battlefield, courtesy of its Snow Warning ability.

“Uh oh, I hope that thing doesn’t mega evolve on me,” I commented, sending my first choice out. “Pancham, maximize!”

The five foot size difference between the two Pokémon was almost humorous, but my jolly little Pancham seemed to enjoy the challenge.

“Let’s not waste any time,” I said. “Pancham, use Sky Uppercut!”

Pancham ran in and landed the powerful attack. It did significant damage!

“Very impressive,” Wulfric complimented. “Abomasnow, use Ice Beam!”

The blast of ice pummeled Pancham, knocking it back. But it got right up and was ready to go some more, despite being pelted by the falling hail!

“Way to take that attack, Pancham! Now, finish it with one more Sky Uppercut!”

(I’ll glaze over the fact that Wulfric used 2 Hyper Potions, which I followed with 2 more Sky Uppercuts, bringing us right back here anyway…)

“Paaaaaaaaan-cham!” My Pokémon wound up, and slammed Abomasnow with its fist, knocking it out!”

“Abomasnow is knocked out cold,” came the call from the judge. “Pancham wins this round!”

My Pancham jumped around, excited by its win against a much larger and higher level opponent.

“Well done, Pancham! Now return, and take a break.”

“Return, Abomasnow, you did well too.” Wulfric slapped his belly again. What is it with him doing that? “I can see you have a great bond with that unique Pancham. It is clearly happy to have you for a trainer! Now, let’s see what Pokémon you use against my Cryogonal!”

Wulfric’s second Pokémon appeared on the field.

“A Cryogonal, it’s just a pure ice-type,” I thought outloud. “I guess I’ll go straightforward. I know Cryogonal have low defenses, so… Aegislash, maximize!”

“That’s a predictable, but ice-solid choice,” commented Wulfric.

“Aegislash, get ready to defend with King’s Shield!” I called one of Aegislash’s signature attacks.

“That will only work if we’re attacking physically, but I have other plans.” Wulfric called his next attack. “Cryogonal, use Confuse Ray!”

“Aegislash, no!” I cried out as I watched my Pokémon become confused. “Fight through it, and strike back with Iron Head!”

Thankfully, luck was on my side, and Aegislash changed to its Blade Forme, and smashed its head (hilt?) into Cryogonal, taking it out immediately!

“Cryogonal can no longer battle, and the winner of this round is Aegislash!” The judge motioned me as the winner.

“So far so good! Nice job, Aegislash. Return and take a rest.” I called back my Pokémon. “I know my last choice, regardless of who your Pokémon is. Blastoise, maximize!”

“A water-type?” Wulfric questioned, as he recalled his fallen Cryogonal. “This last battle will prove to be an interesting one then! Go, my Avalugg!”

Blastoise versus Avalugg? This is going to prove to be a very defensive battle. Also, the hail had stopped.

“Blastoise, time to mega evolve, and use Iron Defense!” I touched my key stone, and Mega Blastoise appeared on the field!

“Ah, so you can use mega evolution. No surprise, with the bond you share with your Pokémon.” Wulfric seemed like he wasn’t too worried though. “Avalugg, use Curse!”

An unusual choice, I felt, but it will make Avalugg even more defensive than it already is, though it will make it a little slower, which also isn’t saying much.

“Mega Blastoise, use Aqua Tail!” Despite having mega cannons on its body, my Blastoise’s most powerful attack doesn’t utilize them. And the physical attack did not seem to do much damage, as expected.

“Ha! Is that the best you can do?” Wulfric taunted. “Avalugg, Crunch it!”

“Mega Blastoise, defend by using Skull Bash!” My Pokémon withdrew its head and arms like any turtle could, protecting itself from the full force of the Crunch. Then, it sprang out of it’s shell, striking back at Avalugg with its head.

“Avalugg, keep using Crunch!”

“Mega Blastoise, knock it away with Aqua Tail!”

The two Pokémon kept chipping away at each other. Avalugg powered up further with another Curse. Ultimately, Mega Blastoise was the one to finally fall first, and it reverted back to its original form.

“Mega Blastoise has been defeated,” the judge called. “Avalugg wins the round!”

“Blastoise, you did great out there, return and take a rest,” I recalled my Pokémon. “That’s one tough Pokémon. Aegislash, I need you again!”

“There’s no stopping my buffed up Avalugg!” said Wulfric. “Use Curse!”

“Aegislash, quick, use Iron Head!” The super effective damage was still not enough to defeat our opponent.

“Your turn, Avalugg! Use Crunch!” Since Curse also boosts attack as well as defense, one Crunch attack was all it took to knock out Aegislash!

“Aegislash cannot battle, and so the match is tied!” The judge raised his arm.

“Aegislash, return. Your battling won’t be in vain, you still weakened Avalugg a little more.” I looked down at my last remaining Poké Ball. “It’s not over yet! Ice will crack eventually if you hit it enough! And I have faith that my last Pokémon can do just that! Pancham, you’re up!”

As my Pokémon reappeared with a shine, it was clear it was still worn out from its battle against Abomasnow. That Ice Beam and hail did significant damage.

“You’ve been a great opponent, Steve,” Wulfric began, “but I think the battle is over.”

“We’ll see about that!” I yelled. “Pancham, Sky Uppercut!”

Pancham closed in and launched into the air, punching Avalugg as it did.

“Right where we want him,” Wulfric commented as he stared at my airborn Pokémon. “Avalugg, use Avalanche!”

“Pancham, no!” I was sure one hit by that attack would be all it took to knock it out. But, to my surprise, Pancham dodged it!

“Great job, Pancham! Quick, Sky Uppercut, again!” Pancham was thrashing about having a great time, almost as though it was a ninja, and landed another punch!

“How can this be?” Wulfric look amazed. “Avalugg, try Avalanche again!”

Pancham dodged once again! The bond we formed training all these months is definitely paying off! I always thought about nicknaming him “Lucky” and even though I didn’t, luck is still on our side!

“Do it, Pancham!” I yelled excitedly. “Sky Uppercut, let’s go!”

The punch landed, and… Avalugg finally collapsed!

“Avalugg is unable to battle,” came the judge’s final call. “The winner of this gym battle is Steve and his Pancham!”

“Pancham, you are absolutely amazing!” I ran out and picked up my Pokémon, as it had a huge smile on its face. “Well done! You’re getting tons of Poké Puffs tonight!”

Wulfric walked up to his Pokémon as it was starting to stand. “Well done, my friend. You fought well. It’s been a long time since we battled someone with that kind of bond, hasn’t it?”

“Luuuugg,” his Pokémon responded.

Wulfric approached me. “Outstanding! I was as tough as an iceberg, but you smashed me through and through. Impressive! Your Pokémon fought with great courage. I can tell you’ve trained them well. Without a doubt, you have earned this Iceberg Badge!”

With my eighth and final Kalos badge, I am now ready to work on the completion of my Kalos journey. That means 52 more Pokémon to obtain, and one final rotation of every Pokémon I’ve caught in Kalos. Then, it’s off to challenge the Elite Four! Since I have four shiny Pokémon, I plan on using them heavily in my Kalos League battles, so all four of them are staying with me from this point forward! First, my three Pokémon deserve a good treatment from Nurse Joy at the Pokémon Center. So, while they recover, I asked to have Cubone, Wingull, and Delibird sent over to me. They, along with Pancham, are a permanent part of my team for the rest of my Kalos adventure!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:25 PM).
Exploring Kalos

May 28, 2015

I decided to give my Pokémon a little more rest since I have work the next few days anyway. I did go back to the Snowbelle City Gym to see Wulfric. I had asked him if he could help teach my Delibird a new move. Frost Breath was a decent move, but I figured Ice Beam would be so much better. So I left Delibird with Wulfric for a few days to learn Ice Beam!

May 31, 2015

I did some late night/early morning exploring after getting out of work before getting some sleep. I decided to check out Route 21 outside of Snowbelle City. Route 21 was called Dernière Way, and it lead to Victory Road. Nurse Joy told me that there are a lot of Pokémon found in hordes along the route, so I had my Illumise sent to me back at the Pokémon Center. I crossed a bridge and had Illumise use Sweet Scent, and I found my first horde, a group of Spinda! I had Pancham defeat most of them, and then captured one of them. I haven’t seen Spinda since my travels in the Hoenn region!

“Spinda, the Spot Panda Pokémon. Spinda all have unique patterns of spots. The chances of two of them having identical patterns is less than one in four billion. Their tottering steps fouls the aim of foes.”

399. Spinda

Once I woke up in the morning, I returned to Dernière Way and once again had Illumise use Sweet Scent. This time, it attracted a horde of Swablu! I decided that this was a good opportunity for my Delibird to practice its Ice Beam attack. I had it defeat most of the Swablu, then tossed a Poké Ball and caught the last one!

“Swablu, the Cotton Bird Pokémon. Swablu constantly groom their cotton-like wings. They take a shower to clean themselves if they become dirty. For some reason, they like to land on people’s heads softly and act like they’re hats.”

400. Swablu

That makes 400 Pokémon! Just 50 more to go! But I wasn’t done yet for today. I continued to have Illumise use Sweet Scent. It attracted another Spinda horde, but following that, we were attacked by a horde of Scyther! I’m not sure why, but a horde of Scyther actually seemed to be quite intimidating. I had Pancham battle them, and when we were down to the last one, I started tossing Poké Balls. It took several tries, but I managed to catch it! As an added bonus, the one I caught had the coveted Technician ability.

“Scyther, the Mantis Pokémon. Scyther slash through grass with their sharp scythes, moving too fast for the human eye to track. They tear and shred prey with these scythes. They very rarely spread their wings to fly.”

401. Scyther

June 1, 2015

Now to begin the final rotation of Pokémon. Keeping Cubone, Wingull, Pancham, and Delibird with me, I had Chesnaught and Delphox sent to me to begin the cycle. Then I returned to Dernière Way and did some fishing with my Good Rod. After finding some wild Poliwhirl and Basculin to battle, I hooked a Dratini! I wondered where I would find one, since I battled a trainer with a Dragonair back at the Battle Chateau. I had Pancham battle it to weaken it, then about a half dozen Poké Balls later, I caught the Dratini!

“Dratini, the Dragon Pokémon. Dratini are full of life energy. They continually shed their skin and grow steadily larger. They are called ‘Mirage Pokémon’ because so few have seen one; however, their shed skin has been found.”

402. Dratini

June 2, 2015

I was training all my Pokémon on Dernière Way. Cubone was watching my Delphox battle. Is it trying to imitate one of its moves? I think it is! So Delphox and I worked with my Cubone a bit, and it learned how to use Flamethrower! That gives Cubone a nice mix of four different types of attacks.

As we continued to explore the route, my Pokémon gained a lot of experience from the wild Pokémon in the area. There were some powerful evolved Pokémon that lived here.

“Ursaring, the Hibernator Pokémon, and the evolved form of Teddiursa. Ursaring unfailingly find all food buried deep underground with their ability to distinguish any aroma. Although they have large bodies, they are quite skilled at climbing trees. They eat and sleep in the treetops.”

“Altaria, the Humming Pokémon, and the evolved form of Swablu. Altaria fly gracefully through the sky. On sunny days they easily blend into the clouds. They sing in a beautiful soprano, and their melodic humming makes you feel like you’re in a dream.”

Then I rotated my Pokémon out. I retired Chesnaught and Delphox, thanking them for my hard work throughout Kalos. Then I had Greninja and Diggersby sent to me. I continued to explore the route, and found a trainer named Evan who was also training for the Pokémon League. He challenged me to a battle with his Chandelure! Thankfully, my Greninja was able to defeat it, despite the large difference in levels between the two Pokémon.

“Chandelure, the Luring Pokémon, and the evolved form of Lampent. Chandelure consume spirits in their flames, leaving bodies behind. The spirits burned up in their ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever.”

After that, I meticulously explored the rest of Dernière Way. Then I returned to the Pokémon Center, and retired Greninja, and rotated in Linoone.

June 3, 2015

I reached the entrance to Victory Road. I decided I wouldn’t enter quite yet. Instead, I continued onto familiar Détourner Way, which leads into Santalune City.

I sat in front of the fountain, deciding what to do next. I knew there were still a few things I missed on my journey, so I think I need to tie up those loose ends. I haven’t had many sky battles, so I’ll travel around and challenge any sky trainers I find. I took Talonflame, Vivillon, Noibat, and Wingull along for that. I would also check out areas around any waterfalls that I may have missed, so I took Lapras along for Surfing and Seaking for climbing any Waterfalls.

Wingull used Water Pulse in many of its battles, but I felt it needed something a little stronger than that. So we worked on a new move: the much more powerful Scald, which can also inflict a Burn! It was also happy to be soaring over Azure Bay again, so I definitely used it in the sky battles there. I caught Wingull on nearby Fourrage Road last year.

I continued to trace my path across Kalos, battling in many sky battles. (Apparently I skipped all but one or two of them.) It was getting late, but I had a few more battles near Frost Cavern before calling it a night. After one of the battles, my Noibat evolved! That’s an awesome looking Pokémon; I wonder what it is?

“Noivern, the Sound Wave Pokémon, and the evolved form of Noibat. Noivern fly around on moonless nights and attack careless prey. Nothing can defeat them as they swoop out of the dark to attack. The ultrasonic waves they emit from their ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles.”

403. Noivern

In addition to learning a powerful dragon-type move like Dragon Pulse, it also knows a powerful move I’ve never heard of before: Boomburst. This devastating move attacks everything around it with an explosive sound, helping Noivern live up to its description from the Pokédex!

June 4, 2015

I finished my tour of Kalos, having a few more sky battles as I proceeded. Over the course of my exploration, I completed my collection of all 17 elemental plates, as well as finding a few mysterious caves. In Pokémon Village, there is a cave that one of the locals called the Unknown Dungeon. I asked him to spell that, as I was afraid it might be the “Unown” Dungeon, leading me to have to catch 28 of those little alphabetic Pokémon. Rather, he said the Unknown Dungeon is a place where an extremely powerful Pokémon lives, and that no one is allowed to enter unless they have defeated the Kalos Elite Four. The other location that I actually was able to enter was called the Chamber of Emptiness. It was aptly named, for other than the Spooky Plate I found lying in the center of it, there was absolutely nothing else there.

So I returned to the Pokémon Center, changed my Pokémon line up back to Cubone, Wingull, Pancham, Delibird, Diggersby, and Linoone, and decided to head towards the Battle Chateau to finish training all my Pokémon from Central Kalos. I also received a medal for winning every sky battle in Kalos!

B-018-1 Battle Sky High Trainer A Medal for those who manage to defeat every Sky Trainer. 06/04/2015

June 5, 2015

I went to the Battle Chateau, and started to train my Pokémon for the Pokémon League!

June 18, 2015

It’s been a busy few weeks, but I’m finally back into the groove of returning to my Pokémon training! I rotated through and retired Diggersby, Linoone, Talonflame, and ended with Pidgeot and Vivillon.

June 23, 2015

I retired Pidgeot and Vivillon over the last week. Today, I rotated through Butterfree, Beedrill, Simisage, and Simisear.

July 4, 2015

Life has continued to be a bit busy for me. Over the last few weeks, I rotated through and retired Simipour, Raichu, Bibarel, and Dunsparce.

July 8, 2015

I’ve been continuing to train and retire my Pokémon by battling at the chateau. By today, I’ve rotated through Azumarill, all 3 Wormadam, Mothim, Masquerain, Gyarados, Crawdaunt, Seaking, Sharpedo, and Pyroar.

July 16, 2015

After working the last 7 days straight, I finally have a day off. So I rotated through Golduck, Farfetch’d, Mega Lucario, and ended on Gardevoir and Gallade. The battles at the Battle Chateau are starting to get old.

July 25, 2015

Life has been keeping me busy, but I’ve rotated through and retired more Pokémon, including Roserade, Florges, Ledian, Vespiquen, Delcatty, Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard, and Mega Blastoise.

Also, at one point this month, I was able to complete the Restaurant Le Yeah challenge for Rotation Battles, so I’ve earned recognition in both their battle formats now.

August 7, 2015

Continuing my training of my Central Kalos Pokémon, I’ve rotated through quite a few over the last few weeks: Gogoat, Pangoro, Furfrou, Dodrio, Plusle, Minun, Swalot, Scrafty, Alakazam, Vileplume, Bellossom, Furret, Ninjask, Shedinja, both Meowstic, Kecleon, and Aegislash. Today, on a beautiful day off from work, I completed working with Scolipede, Audino, Smeargle, Toxicroak, Swanna, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Volbeat, and Illumise.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:36 PM).
I don't want to MEET YOU...

Nature: Quirky
August 13
Started a new journey in Pokémon Y.
Spoiler:
Old 2 Weeks Ago (08:07 PM).
Exploring Kalos

August 11, 2015

Over the last few days up to today, I’ve rotated and retired the last few Pokémon in this portion the Pokédex. Jumpluff, Snorlax, Exploud, Medicham, Crobat, and finally Fraxure all went through more training.

That evening, while I was finishing up at the Battle Chateau, my Fraxure evolved into a Haxorus! The final Pokémon in the Central Kalos Pokédex has been obtained at last!

“Haxorus, the Axe Jaw Pokémon, and the evolved form of Fraxure. Haxorus are kind but can be relentless when defending territory. Their sturdy tusks will stay sharp even if used to cut steel beams. They are covered in hard armor.”

404. Haxorus

Afterwards, I went to Lumiose City, and decided to visit Professor Sycamore. He scanned my Pokédex and congratulated me on completing the Central portion.

“Almost complete,” the professor said, shockingly.

“What do you mean? I thought that there was 150 Pokémon in each section,” I replied.

“Let me show you some Pokémon we discovered last October,” he said as he led me into one of the research rooms. “And there’s three Pokémon I’d like to bestow upon you as a gift for coming so far in your journey, and also for helping to defeat Team Flare.”

There were two Cherish Balls and a Dusk Ball on a table. Sycamore picked up the first Cherish Ball and released the Pokémon inside.

“First up, there’s this huge Pumpkaboo we found,” he began to explain. “Not only are Pumpkaboo this large rare, but it also has a different ability than usual: Insomnia. Although, you also found a super-sized Pumpkaboo, so I’m sure this isn’t all that impressive.”

Then he picked up the Dusk Ball. The Pokémon came out and sparkled. A shiny Pokémon! “This is a Gengar. Not too much of a different color than normal, but it was found with Gengarite already, so it would be interesting to see what it might look like when it mega evolves.”

He then picked up the last Cherish Ball, and paused a moment. “Now this one is the most interesting. We discovered the first mythical Pokémon in Kalos. It was found in the mountains near a colony of Carbink. I’ve updated your Pokédex, so you’ll be able to scan it. Meet Diancie!”

“Wow!” I exclaimed, as I readied my Pokédex. “If I didn’t know any better, I would say it looks like an evolved form of Carbink. Let’s see…”

“Diancie, the Jewel Pokémon. Diancie is a mythical Pokémon believed to be a sudden transformation of Carbink. Its pink, glimmering body is said to be the loveliest sight in the whole world. It can instantly create many diamonds by compressing the carbon in the air between its hands.”

405. Diancie

I thanked the professor, and decided that it was time to work on my next two goals: completing the Coastal Kalos Pokédex, of which I only needed 9 more Pokémon to complete, and also to finally, FINALLY, enter Victory Road, and begin my climb to the Kalos Pokémon League!

A-024-1 Adventure Central Kalos Pokédex Completionist A Medal to honor those recognized by the professor as having completed the Central Kalos Pokédex. 08/11/2015

August 12, 2015

I stood before the entrance to Victory Road. The trainer standing guard there asked to see my eight badges. I showed him my badge case, but he said that there is one small challenge to overcome before I could enter Victory Road. He challenged me to a battle! He led off with a Carbink. I sent out Wingull, who blasted it with Scald, burning the opponent. However, Power Gem took out Wingull in one hit. I sent out Cubone, who started using Power-Up Punch a few times, but also took damage from a Moonblast. Thankfully, the burn helped to knock out Carbink. Next up was Kingdra. I know my Cubone has great defenses, but it probably wouldn’t survive a water-type attack, so I switched in Pancham. Kingdra blasted Pancham with a strong Dragon Pulse, doing significant damage! Sky Uppercut landed, but it did not do as much damage as I had hoped. One more Dragon Pulse should have knocked out Pancham, but it held on, and landed one final Sky Uppercut, which ended up being a critical hit, and knocked out Kingdra! The last battle was Raichu versus my Cubone. Needless to say, at least that one was an easy victory for my little ground-type. Overall, though, I really think we need to train more, because if a simple Ace Trainer gave us that much of a challenge, we won’t stand a chance against the Elite Four!

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Santalune City to give my Pokémon a rest, and had Drifblim and Mienfoo sent to me. Time to train on Victory Road!

I followed the hallway behind the entrance, and it led to a staircase that opened up to the base of a tall mountain. I saw the cave entrance up ahead, and entered. I walked down the initial pathway, when I saw something crash into the wall next to me. It was a wild Pokémon attacking. A two-headed Pokémon… a Zweilous! That’s a powerful Pokémon to encounter in the wild. Thankfully, it was no match for my Delibird’s Ice Beam.

“Zweilous, the Hostile Pokémon, and the evolved form of Deino. Zweilous have two heads that don’t get along. Whichever head eats more than the other gets to be the leader. After they have eaten up all the food in their territory, they move to another area.”

As I continued to look around, I saw wild Gurdurr, Haunter, and then I found a wild Druddigon! I had Driblim weaken it with a bunch of Shadow Ball attacks, then I tossed a Poké Ball and caught it on the first try!

406. Druddigon

After a little bit more training, my Mienfoo evolved into a Mienshao! I was able to retire Drifblim, Mienshao, and Zangoose by the end of the night.

407. Mienshao

August 18, 2015

I rotated through and retired Seviper, Grumpig, and Absol, but while I was training on Victory Road, I encountered a few wild Lickitung!

“Lickitung, the Licking Pokémon. Lickitung have a tongue that is twice the length of their bodies. This long tongue can be moved like an arm for grabbing food and attacking. It is also slathered with a gooey saliva which sticks to anything, making it very useful.”

August 19, 2015

I rotated through more Pokémon, and while training on Victory Road, my Shelgon evolved into Salamence!

“Salamence, the Dragon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Shelgon. Salamence become uncontrollable if they are enraged. They fly around spouting flames and scorching fields and mountains. They destroy everything with shredding claws and fire.”

408. Salamence

I then decided I would mix it up a bit, and had some battles at Restaurant Le Yeah. While I was there, my Skrelp finally evolved into Dragalge!

409. Dragalge

In the end, I was able to complete training with Malamar, Lunatone, Solrock, Salamence, Pelipper, Swellow, Barbaracle, Crustle, Tentacruel, Wailord, and Luvdisc, keeping Dragalge and Clawitzer on the team.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (01:50 PM).
I don't want to MEET YOU...

Nature: Quirky
I BATTLED THE WILD YVELTAL USING THE YVELTAL FROM MY PREVIOUS PLAYTHROUGH AND CAUGHT THE WILD ONE IN A REPEAT BALL!
Old 1 Week Ago (07:04 AM).
Team Nocturn Leader

Nature: Impish
Day 1: Hi my name is Tamarin, and I Just started my Journey with Fenni.... I met some incredible friends and we set out together to explore the world more. I caught 3 elemental monkey pokemon and I just started to train them. I am off to my first Gym challenge later on today, but my team needs more training before we go.

Old 1 Week Ago (09:32 AM).
Summoner of the Great Spirits
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Finally beat the E4 with my somewhat weird team in my own challenge run. My main problem was beating Siebold, as his Gyarados had already swept me a couple times before, thanks to its access to Dragon Dance combined with good coverage. In order to beat him, I taught my Jumpluff Swords Dance over Leech Seed, put his Clawitzer to sleep with Sleep Powder and got to +6 Attack. Combined with Jumpluff's amazing Speed, I managed to outspeed Gyarados and OHKO it with a +5 Acrobatics (without item) and it would have been a sweep, but sadly OHKOing his Barbaracle with Giga Drain came down to a roll, which allowed it to survive and OHKO my Jumpluff with a Stone Edge. Fortunately, I still had Delphox with Grass Knot as a backup, which easily managed to beat it.

The champion battle itself was pretty straightforward, even though, it didn't go as I intended. For some odd reason I thought, Diantha would lead with her Goodra, so my plan was to use Clawitzer until she sends out Hawlucha. At this point I would send in Mawile and start setting up with it. Instead I just straight out beat four of her Pokemon with Clawitzer. When Goodra came out, I saced it and Beat Goodra with my Golurk. Having her down to her last mon, I made a couple questionable switches, but ultimately managed to get Mawile in savely and beat Garde with Iron Head.

Then the ending happened, I beat AZ with my Clawitzer and did a couple battles in the Battle Maison.

After that I got to the last rival battle in the game. Unfortunately, my plan to set up with Aegislash didn't really work out and I almost got beaten by Greninja. However, a crucial Hydro Pump miss allowed my Mawile to beat it with Play Rough and beating Mega Absol was no problem at all.

That being done, as the final action in my challenge, I picked up the Mawilite, so now I can Mega evolve it, finally. Even though, I consider my challenge done, which makes it pretty useless.
Old 1 Week Ago (02:13 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by NocturnLeader.
Team Nocturn Leader

Day 1: (continued) Tamarin here, I have been raising my team and we Defeated the 1st gym leader who was using Bug Types. Panpour who I named Torrence started the battle and defeated her Surskit, and then fell to her Vivilion but Pansear who I named Torch was a big help at the end. Well we are traveling to the next gym. Pansage who I named Timber is getting stronger as well with some Super Training.

Current Team (Pansage, Pansear, Panpour)

Timber lv 11
Torch Lv 13
Torrence Lv 12

Old 1 Week Ago (01:08 PM).
Team Nocturn Leader

I added an Aipom who is named Tickles to my team, (had to use my Omega game to get him ;P), also traded back and forth my Elemental Monkeys to evolve them in my Omega game and give them a better move set for now.

Day 2: Traveled up Route 4 and battled lots of trainers, currently in Lumiose City checking out the scenes before heading to the next gym. Still have to seek out the Professor for a task.

all Level 16:
Tickles (Aipom): Low Sweep, Screech, Dig, Retaliate
Torch (Simesear): Rock Tomb, Double Team, Dig, Flamethrower
Torrence (Simipour): Secret Power, Hone Claws, Scald, Thief
Timber (Simisage): Power-up Punch, Toxic, Seed Bomb, Facade

Old 1 Week Ago (04:16 AM).
Team Nocturn Leader

Day 3: While in Lumiose city I got a Squirtle from the Professor. I soon deposited him in storage for now, and added a Mankey to my team named Tantrum. I visited the Hair Salon and got a short Bob look, I love my hair now. I also made a PR Video and then got a Holo message to meet my friends on Route 5.

So I headed towards Route 5 and started to battle with other Trainers and friends. I caught a Swirlix and then made it to Camphrier Town and found the person in charge of the Poke Storage. I then made it Route 7 which was blocked to I visited a Mansion after battling a lot of trainers on Route 6. The owner of the Mansion lot his pokemon, so my friend and I decided to go look for the dog. I quickly found the dog outside and we had to corner it in a maze. The owner was very please to have his pokemon back. We saw the fireworks last nite and then was given the poke flute to wake up Snorlax.

We headed back to Route 7 and woke up snorlax, Tickles fought him and won and Snorlax walked away towards the mountains. While we continued our Journey we found the Poke Daycare center and I left my Squirtle and Swirilix with them. We then caught up with friends and found the Battle Chateau which was interesting. I also found a Berry field which I know have permission to use.

We stopped at Ambrette Town to rest up a bit and then headed to the Fossil Lab. Soon after we went to locate a person to find out more about Mega Evo. which lead us to Glittering Cave. I found an TM Shadow Claw, and also Trouble in the cave as I got lost. Then I found a person wearing all red. Who insisted I didn't mess with him and his plans, but this guy seemed like a trouble maker so I took care of him and his pokemon and found the rest of his team trying to take what wasn't theirs. I helped out the guy and was rewarded a Sail Fossil. My friend got a Jaw fossil.

We headed back to the Fossil lab and my Sail fossil was then restored to an ancient pokemon! After that we headed to the Aquarium and then we rested for the nite at the poke center.

Team levels 24/25:

Tantrum (Mankey): Karate Chop, Screech, Assurance, Fury Swipes
Tickles (Aipom): Low Sweep, Tickle, Dig, Retaliate

Old 1 Week Ago (03:00 PM).
Team Nocturn Leader

Day 4:

I traveled with my team and Wonder Traded and got a Tropius named Tamerind. Then headed out to Route 8 and got a device that lets me locate things. We traveled up and battled a few more trainers and finally got to Cyllage City where another Gym is located. After healing up my pokemon I got a Yellow Bike, and changed my clothing into something more summer time.

We then headed to the Gym where we were greeted by the leader outside and then got an HM. We entered the gym and it was a Rock climbing task. Kind of cool, so we defeated lots of his peons. We got to the top and my Timber and Torrence took out his Amuara and Tyrunt. We headed back down the rock wall and I healed my pokemon.

Off towards route 10, we met Team Flare again (seriously they look like knock off of Team Magma). So we defeated trainers and Team Flare and made it to Geosenge town. We met a trainer with her two Lucario and we battled. Tickles defeated the first one and Torch defeated the 2nd. After that we headed toward Reflection cave, we had a double battle with two trainers and Tickles and Tantrum both evolved!

While in Reflection cave we saw some pretty cool wild pokemon and some from Great trainers. We found some items and finally made it out of the cave and we are now in Shalour city where we met up with friends talking about Mega Evolutions.

Levels 34/35:
Tantrum (Mankey): Karate Chop, Screech, Poison Jab, Fury Swipes
Tickles (Aipom): Low Sweep, Tickle, Shadow Claw, Retaliate
Tamerind (Tropius): Aerial Ace, Sword Dance, Magical Leaf, Stomp

Old 1 Week Ago (04:28 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by NocturnLeader.
Team Nocturn Leader

Day 5 (early AM):

I started my Journey early this morning and defeated 2 Gym leaders today. I started out in Shalour city and found out about the Mega Evolutions. I defeated Korrina with Tamerind and Torch. Tamarind took out Meinfoo and Machoke while torch defeated her Hawlucha. After the battle I went to the tower and Lucario joined my team for the moment as I defeated her with his Mega form. I got another TM in the tower and went off on my journey. I obtained SURF and taught it to Torrence.

I surfed across the small pond (I don't know why I just couldn't swim across?!?), so I battled a few trainers that were around route 12 and my team grew up a few levels. I also super trained a few of them to up their Special Defense and Defense.

I battled Calem and with ease I defeated him, I soon entered Tourmaline city and wondered around a bit seeing what people had to offer me, if anything. I entered the 4th gym and battled Ramos with Torch and Tamerind. Torch defeated Jumpluff and Gogoat, while Tamerind defeated Weepinbell.

After the battle I healed my team and headed to Route 13, I discovered more pokemon and a few trainers. I also discovered that Team Flare was behind the power plant incident and took care of them to restore power to Lumiose City. I headed back out of the power plant and found a GIANT guy who mumbled something. Anyways I headed into Lumiose city and found Shuana (GAWD she is annoying), so I had to talk to her and then found my way to the inner pokemon center and healed my pokemon. Next step is taking out the Gym in this city finally.

Levels 44/45:
Tantrum (Primeape): Cross Chop, Screech, Poison Jab, Strength
Tickles (Ambipom): Low Sweep, Tickle, Shadow Claw, Last Resort
Torrence (Simipour): Secret Power, Hone Claws, Surf, Payback
Tamerind (Tropius): Aerial Ace, Sword Dance, Magical Leaf, Body Slam

Old 3 Days Ago (05:30 AM).
Team Nocturn Leader

Day 6 & 7:

While in Lumiose City I took on the Gym, Seriously they made me do a Stupid Quiz show to get to the top.... When I get their a Little 6 year old is a Gym leader... I really think they should have an age limit for Gym leaders, maybe make them be like 13 at least. Anyways, I defeated Clemont with Tantrum and Torch. After the battle I found the Professor at the cafe to talk to me... then I got another Holo image from another person ( GEEZUS, GET OFF MY JOCK), so I met them and battled them. While venturing towards the next town we stumpled upon a Haunted house and had a story that was scary told to us by this PERVY guy.

So I finally got to Laverre City and then went to the gym to battle the next Gym leader Valerie, who has the very first Fairy Gym, but its sort of styled like someone else gym.... So I managed to get to her and had Timber, Torrence and Tantrum take out her pokemon. After the battle I headed to the Pokeball Factory and of course Team Flare was making trouble. So I took care of them and rested for the night.

The next day I headed off to route 15 and found Dendemille town and couldn't go to route 17 because of all the snow and I need a Mammoth pokemon to get thru it. HOW INCONVENIENT! Anyways I was told to go to the Frost Cavern but my summer clothes need a changing if I am to go into that Freezing cavern! So I went to buy clothing and spent some time training my pokemon in Azure Bay. My team is now levels 49/50, so now I'll head up to the cavern and find out whats going on exactly.

Old 8 Hours Ago (08:54 PM).
Exploring Kalos

August 20, 2015

Since I was very over-caffeinated, I decided to continue training well past midnight. I thoroughly explored the first area of Victory Road, having my quartet of shiny Pokémon partake in every trainer battle. They all beat some very difficult opponents. I then finished training Dragalge and Clawitzer, continuing to rotate my Pokémon then retire them. When I had Staryu sent to me, I used my only Water Stone on it, and it evolved into Starmie!

“Starmie, the Mysterious Pokémon, and the evolved form of Staryu. Starmie have a red core at the center of their bodies, which sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky. This central core can glow with the seven colors of the rainbow. Some people value the core as a gem.”

410. Starmie

I finished training Starmie, leaving Cloyster and Qwilfish on my team.

August 23, 2015

I rotated and retired through Cloyster, Qwilfish, Kingdra, Relicanth, and Krookodile.

August 24, 2015

It’s a beautiful day outside today, so I got an early start on training! As I had Pokémon sent to me, it was time for a few of them to evolve. First, I gave my Rhydon the Protector I picked up a while ago in the Lost Hotel. After battling a bit with Rhydon, it evolved into Rhyperior!

“Rhyperior, the Drill Pokémon, and the evolved form of Rhydon. Rhyperior put rocks in holes in their palms and uses their muscles to shoot them. Geodude are shot at rare times. Their carapace can withstand volcanic eruptions.”

411. Rhyperior

A little later in the afternoon, when I had Machoke sent to me, it evolved into Machamp!

412. Machamp

Over the course of the day, I rotated and retired Heliolisk, Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Steelix, and Swoobat, ending with having Machamp and Marowak on the team.

August 25, 2015

I decided to change locations and use Lumiose City and the Battle Chateau to continue my training rotation. I completed working with Machamp, Marowak, Kangaskhan, Mawile, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Mega Aerodactyl, Ferrothorn, and Granbull.

August 29, 2015

Over the last few days, I rotated through Manectric, Houndoom, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Emolga, and Yanmega.

September 2, 2015

I continued my training rotation, and when I got to Nosepass, I took it out to the Lumiose Badlands. The electromagnetic field from the nearby Power Plant helped my Nosepass evolve into Probopass!

413. Probopass

Over the course of the day, I retired Hawlucha, Sigilyph, Golurk, Probopass, Hariyama, Throh, Sawk, Staraptor, and Skuntank.

September 4, 2015

While continuing to train at the Battle Chateau, my Duosion evolved into Reuniclus!

414. Reuniclus

I also ran into Ramos, the Gym Leader from the Coumarine City Gym. We had a rematch, and he used his Gogoat and Jumpluff, so there were no surprises there.

And finally, when I had my Boldore sent to me, I completed the Coastal Kalos Pokédex when it evolved into Gigalith!

“Gigalith, the Compressed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Boldore. Gigalith absorb solar rays and process the energy in their core. They can fire this energy as a ball of light capable of blowing away a mountain.”

415. Gigalith

Overall, today I was able to retire Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Dedenne, Chimecho, Mr. Mime, Reuniclus, and Wobbuffet.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)