• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Don, you must post Mewtwo plushie picture. Now.

I want plushies so bad but I don't have any. ;o; Jealous of all you plushie-owning people!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Only piece of merchandise I own would have to be this I got a while back.

17ee1337465bc7108398e64205cffc6812986555949004100115508160415_t.jpg

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I have a Meowth plushie that I got at an anime convention. It only sees use as part of my Giovanni and Leaf cosplays, though.

Other than that, not much of a Pokemon merchandise collector... there's very little based on the in-game trainer characters.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Gave my Pokemon merchandise to charity except for the games. I am such a good person! :))

Also, I've been gone for almost a month yet I still have the most posts in this thread. ):

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I got a few plushies but they can be expeennnnsive so I never bought too many. I have a Manaphy, a few Pikachu's, a Mew/Pokéball (you can turn it inside out), andd a few figurines that I got from friends or my sister. She has a lot more plushies btw haha.

Cid

Years
Merchandise, eh? The only Pokémon-related stuff I've had my hands on were stickers, a few figurines and toys. The most specific details I can recall that I think I had were having a Vaporeon figurine, and an Arcanine sticker. I also had Totodile, Chikorita and Squirtle toys. It's been way too long since I bought anything else, I mean most of the Pokémon don't even surpass the second generation! I don't have any merchandise from Gen III - Gen V. And no plushies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That Mewtwo plushie looks a tad like frieza. |D

It has big eyes, looks weird, but it's so cool!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There's a picture floating around of Mewtwo fighting Frieza actually hahah.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I have a Meowth plushie that I got at an anime convention. It only sees use as part of my Giovanni and Leaf cosplays, though.

Other than that, not much of a Pokemon merchandise collector... there's very little based on the in-game trainer characters.
I am officially jealous of you. Meowth is my favourite Pokémon but they never sell any of the plushies here in the UK, and ordering them from abroad is quite expensive. Hopefully I can find one this year at the anime con in London.

I have another question to do with the current topic: If you do own Pokémon merchandise, how did you go about obtaining it?

Years
Like Donny V, my main merchandise are the TCG cards. I get the cards either by buying booster packs or by shopping online for singles.

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Reminds me of the fake Pokemon TCG cards all over the Philippines. It's quite sad. ):

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The only merchadise I own outside of the games was probably the Pokemon the First Movie toys they had a Burger King. Then when I moved I gave them to my friends as a parting gift.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I remember getting a special promo card of fossilized Mew when I went to see the first movie in theaters haha. Tbh one of my most precious cards!! used to think it was fake btw i thought it was a marketing stunt by the movie people lmao

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gonna merge this with the chit-chat since we're talking about merch there!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, I did pay about $125 for a costume designer to make me my Leaf cosplay, but I'm not sure if that counts as merch since that was specifically made for me.

I'd sell my soul for a 1/6 scale figurine of her.

And on the topic of my Meowth plushie, I was actually looking for a Persian plushie but the vendor at the con didn't have one. So I settled on its pre-evolved form. And on a side note, both of them better appear in the B2/W2 Pokedex or I'll go postal.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I own a Charmander and a Pikachu plushies. Also, I was offered an electronic game, a kind of tabletop with a screen in the middle and on a side there was Pikachu and on this other side there was Meowth. You had to make both fight. It was pretty cool, I was very young and I didn't really understand the RBY game, so this one was easier for me.
Then, I'm not a big fan of Pokémon merchandises, I prefer the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back