• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team-Building Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silently Slow

An Okay Guy
Years
Where's the Mega Kanga? Where's the Talonflame? Where's the Washing Machine? But seriously... hmm, looks like it'll be difficult to suggest anything without any more info? What are the movesets and natures and items and junk?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I wouldn't do Excadrill there. You already have a strong Ground-type Pokemon, why have another one?
I'm one trainer that loves to deal alot of damage rather than taking a real strategy, so what I would do is replace your Excadrill with:

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower/Focus Blast
Dragon Pokemon are overall a really strong type, and since you don't have a Dragon-type yet...
Again, this is what I would do because I like going for much damage. If you're more of a strategy-person, I don't know whether this is better.

MissedtheMarx

The People's Battler
Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Aegislash
Adamant/Brave
Kings Shield
Shadow Sneak

Gardevior
Modest
Telepathy if you're doing doubles, Sychronize if not
Moonblast
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Psychic

Ferrothorn if you're doing doubles,
Relaxed
Gyro ball
Power whip
Leech Seed
Protect

Or Volcarona if not doubles
Modest
Fire Blast
Quiver Dance
Giga Drain
Bug Buzz

Go forth and wreck XD If this guy doesn't play competitively, which if he's using Armaldo then I'm going to guess that's the case, then you may not even lose a single Pokemon in this battle.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I've grown very fond of my Speed Boost Mega Peri-Peri Chicken even though he may be a glass cannon. Prankster Sableye & Rotom-Wash are an amazing duo too. Excadrill (Gopher) is a nightmare in sand. I'm unsure of what build TTar should run at to set EDrill up. Very tempting with the Aegislash/Ferrothorn suggestion. But I think I'll stick to what I have for now and maybe switch out Amoonguss whose bulk/black sludge combo is nice but it's weak to almost everything.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
Years
Double Battle Team

Hey all, so the pokemon national tournament or whatever its called is coming to my city in a week. and Ive never been good at battling (i like to breed and collect) but my friends want to go so I'm gonna give it a shot.

The format is double battles, I think we get to take 6 pokes to choose from but only use 4 in battle, and we're allowed 2 legendaries, who would be a good team, including natures, movesets ect (im happy to breed/train them all in the next week)

Thanks

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
Years
I have a battle spot singles team that i've been trying to work on. the core of the team is Zoroark, DD Mega-Tyranitar, Klefki. it's pretty straight forward; klefki sets up it's dual screens making it easy for Tyranitar to setup a DD and go for a sweep. Zoroark makes the whole thing less predictable, and depending on how the mind games play out, he can very easily go for a sweep himself.

Gengar is also a core piece to my team, but mainly because Tyranitar needs a ghost teammate. His poison typing also works well with Zoroark.

Noivern is my counter to most walls, switcheroo shuts em down, and I felt I needed away around other dual-screens/substitute users.

My team was also lacking in priority moves, and I still needed an effective way to kill fighting types, so I threw in Talonflame.

Spoiler:

any criticism at all would be helpful =)

Last edited:
Years
I have a battle spot singles team that i've been trying to work on. the core of the team is Zoroark, DD Mega-Tyranitar, Klefki. it's pretty straight forward; klefki sets up it's dual screens making it easy for Tyranitar to setup a DD and go for a sweep. Zoroark makes the whole thing less predictable, and depending on how the mind games play out, he can very easily go for a sweep himself.

Gengar is also a core piece to my team, but mainly because Tyranitar needs a ghost teammate. His poison typing also works well with Zoroark.

Noivern is my counter to most walls, switcheroo shuts em down, and I felt I needed away around other dual-screens/substitute users.

My team was also lacking in priority moves, and I still needed an effective way to kill fighting types, so I threw in Talonflame.

Spoiler:

any criticism at all would be helpful =)

Bisharp/Weavile annihilates this team after Talon is taken out so first of all I'd suggest taking out Noivern for Specs Keldeo.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
252 SpA 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid
-Scald
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Icy Wind

If you really hate winning you could replace Hydro with HP Grass, but Hydro's damage output comes in handy a lot more than you may think. Scald burn of course is nice but isn't a 100% chance contrary to what actual battle experience might lead you to believe n__n; Anyway you might say that Talon isn't going to be killed, but Talon is notorious for being easily worn down. Stealth Rock Damage + recoil is a lot. Basically it'll come in at 50% most of the time off the bat, and you don't have a Spinner or a Defogger, which is something you generally want to run to support Talon. At this point I'd suggest running Latios over Zoroark, and if you want you could also replace WoW with Roost on Talon to mitigate the longevity issue.

Latios @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
Psyshock
Draco Meteor
Defog
Roost

Last edited:

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
Years
Bisharp/Weavile annihilates this team after Talon is taken out so first of all I'd suggest taking out Noivern for Specs Keldeo.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
252 SpA 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid
-Scald
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Icy Wind

If you really hate winning you could replace Hydro with HP Grass, but Hydro's damage output comes in handy a lot more than you may think. Scald burn of course is nice but isn't a 100% chance contrary to what actual battle experience might lead you to believe n__n; Anyway you might say that Talon isn't going to be killed, but Talon is notorious for being easily worn down. Stealth Rock Damage + recoil is a lot. Basically it'll come in at 50% most of the time off the bat, and you don't have a Spinner or a Defogger, which is something you generally want to run to support Talon. At this point I'd suggest running Latios over Zoroark, and if you want you could also replace WoW with Roost on Talon to mitigate the longevity issue.

Latios @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
Psyshock
Draco Meteor
Defog
Roost

I agree that Weavile is a threat, but I have never had any trouble killing a Bisharp with this team...even without picking Talonflame as 1 of my 3.
Not sure about Latios...i just don't view stealth rocks as much of a threat in 3v3, but I would definitely put Keldeo in if he were allowed in battle spot singles. o~o

What I have the most trouble with are Landorus, Thundurus and sashed garchomp.

Last edited:
Years
I agree that Weavile is a threat, but I have never had any trouble killing a Bisharp with this team...even without picking Talonflame as 1 of my 3.
Not sure about Latios...i just don't view stealth rocks as much of a threat in 3v3, but I would definitely put Keldeo in if he were allowed in battle spot singles. o~o

What I have the most trouble with are Landorus, Thundurus and sashed garchomp.

What I'd do is take out EQ on Tyranitar for Ice Punch. Hits hard as hell and will render Lando/Garchomp essentially useless. However, since Tyranitar will normally be slower it would take some predicting to get the job done.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Works pretty well.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-378887393

but without EQ, Bisharp really is a threat...and Mawile.
You could probably drop Noivern to make room for something to handle Bisharp/Weavile/Mawile. Keldeo likes Peppers said would be perfect....but I'll never understand what possessed whoever makes the rules for Battle Spot to allow stuff like Primal Groudon for a season but ban stuff like Keld.

Anyway stuff with Fighting or Steel priority like Breloom or Scizor would be good. Azumarill would be good too, since it has a useful type combination, Aqua Jet, great power, has some bulk, etc

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
Years
Running a team right now with
Spoiler:

and I'm wondering what replacements/changes I can make to improve the team's synergy and chances of success in battles against what will generally be found in OU and Battle Spot Singles. I enjoy an offensive or mixed offensive/defensive playstyle. The team is awfully physical right now, and I believe that I should replace Heracross with another special sweeper. I am also open to switching out Pokemon for different roles, but would definitely like to use a mega Bug (Pinsir or Heracross).

Avablitz

Guardian of the Ruins
Years
Ideas to round out the team?

I'm going for a new battling team that will have the classic starters on it. So currently I have
Charizard
Venusaur
Blastoise

What other three Pokemon should be added to round it out? Charizard and Blastoise are mostly being heavy hitters while Venusaur uses powders to put enemies to sleep and poison them.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Running a team right now with
Spoiler:

and I'm wondering what replacements/changes I can make to improve the team's synergy and chances of success in battles against what will generally be found in OU and Battle Spot Singles. I enjoy an offensive or mixed offensive/defensive playstyle. The team is awfully physical right now, and I believe that I should replace Heracross with another special sweeper. I am also open to switching out Pokemon for different roles, but would definitely like to use a mega Bug (Pinsir or Heracross).

Spoiler:

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for the input! I was mostly running Magnezone for the ability to get an almost guaranteed kill on steel types with Magnet Pull and HP Fire, while also avoiding damage from Rocky Helmets/Iron Barbs commonly found (from my personal experience) on those steel types. Magnezone also functioned as a slow Volt Switch user, for safe switches and some chip damage.

I'll definitely restructure my team, though - I do need to deal with the common weaknesses. Is Poison Heal Breloom better than Technician Breloom w/ Bullet Seed and Mach Punch?

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Thanks for the input! I was mostly running Magnezone for the ability to get an almost guaranteed kill on steel types with Magnet Pull and HP Fire, while also avoiding damage from Rocky Helmets/Iron Barbs commonly found (from my personal experience) on those steel types. Magnezone also functioned as a slow Volt Switch user, for safe switches and some chip damage.

I'll definitely restructure my team, though - I do need to deal with the common weaknesses. Is Poison Heal Breloom better than Technician Breloom w/ Bullet Seed and Mach Punch?

In general, technician is much better overall but when simply using it to deal with something like rotom-w, blocking will-o-wisps and healing off hydro pump and volt switch damage is nice. It is fairly niche though and with a little speed investment breloom generally out speeds the physically defensive set anyway. It's a bit hypocritical of me but generally I just wear down Rotom-w to the point where it can be KO'd with brave bird. some people might like more security in answering the threats I mentioned earlier too though but I can honestly say out of the 4 times I saw hippowdon laddering I won 1 game out of 4 and that was only because he switched in non-mega diancie into my +2 talon and I gambled and used swords dance when he used protect and shrekt his team, it would have gone the other way completely had he just hit me.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
I'm going for a new battling team that will have the classic starters on it. So currently I have
Charizard
Venusaur
Blastoise

What other three Pokemon should be added to round it out? Charizard and Blastoise are mostly being heavy hitters while Venusaur uses powders to put enemies to sleep and poison them.

Hey! could you give me a little bit more info on their natures, evs, moves etc so it'd be easier to help you out please?

In team building a fire/water/grass defensive core is actually quite solid tho there are better pokemon who fulfil the roles these guys do if this is what you want to run with that's cool! Also let me know which one is going to be your mega. Charizard is probably the best offensively but mega venusaur is seriously bulky! I would advise against mega blastoise tho, it's not great.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
Hey all. Does anyone know a good teamate for these two? For the Battle Maison?

Greninja (Holding Life Orb)
Protean Ability
Timid Nature

4 Defesne
252 SpAttack
252 Speed

Extrasensory
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

Kangaskahn (Holding Kangaskahnite)
Scrappy Ability (Parental Bond)
Jolly Nature

252 Attack
4 Defense
252 Speed

Fake Out
Crunch
Earthquake
Return

No legendaries please! Guy I can breed for perfect IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back