• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Okay, and yeah I don't work too well with a team, so I'd probably just need a couple of people maybe to help guide me along and make sure I don't do anything majorly wrong.

I could probably get a lot better at scripting if I put my mind to it.
But the first thing to do Is changing the Intro. Prof. Oak? Buh Bye

Although I bet changing Prof's intro classes as 'tougher' to do.. So I will have to see..

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. You've cleared a lot of things up.

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
I solved my problem with trying to edit door animations but now I'm stuck with water animations such as waves.

I made a tile set that is clear water with the ocean floor showing and its really cool but its all messed up cause the wave animations are still going.

Is there any way to change or even remove them?

Oh and i need to change the waterfall animations too if possible. Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Now, I'm not new at all to scripting. I've been doing it for quite a while. Pretty much the only the that's stopping me from completing my hack, is figuring out how to make your rival have custom battle music. I've looked all over the place on how to make it so when I fight my rival, he has custom battle music. I've even looked in a select few rom hack's scripts but I still couldn't figure it out. I saw something about setvar in a rom hack, but I don't know if that's what it is because I tried it in mine and it didn't work...

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Now, I'm not new at all to scripting. I've been doing it for quite a while. Pretty much the only the that's stopping me from completing my hack, is figuring out how to make your rival have custom battle music. I've looked all over the place on how to make it so when I fight my rival, he has custom battle music. I've even looked in a select few rom hack's scripts but I still couldn't figure it out. I saw something about setvar in a rom hack, but I don't know if that's what it is because I tried it in mine and it didn't work...

You have to use a Trainer Editor for that. It's not part of the script. :)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
i have a problem thats getting on my nerves i have my game i have mapped 2 route 2 towns and it works fine but now when i wanna edit a town a route or even create a new one it doesnt show in game :/ i have almost ruined the one town and it appeared the same in game could someone please help me?

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
HM MOVE

Is there a way that you won't need a Badge to Use a HM?

i have seen this "12462E" and search in Hex and mine is:

124620-16 ANSI-01 08
12462C-12 ANSI-01 28 12 D0 06 48 01 21 FB F7

Could someone tell me if what will i do and what ANSI will i use 12 or 16??
What value should i Change into 00?

Help would be greatly Appreciated Thanks..

btw i use JPAN FIRERED HACKED ENGINE.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2023
hi, i have a question; is there any hack with legendary pokemon (esp. ho-oh, lugia, moltres, zaptos, articuno, entei, suicune and raikou) as starters?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I have problem with my pokemon ruby hack. How to change battle backgrounds to certain blocks, for example when I go to the grass I want to have sand background or water, etc...
Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Is it possible to add new learned moves to Pokemon (?s between Celebi and Treecko) without deleting other Pokemon's moves?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is it possible to add new learned moves to Pokemon (?s between Celebi and Treecko) without deleting other Pokemon's moves?

Unless you know how to repoint the table of moves that Pokemon can learn... I think that's one way.

Or another - some evolutions have the same move listed twice for any move learnt by the pre-evo Pokemon. Look through all evolutions and remove moves that appear twice, technically not deleting moves that they can learn, just ridding a copy.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
Is there a way that you won't need a Badge to Use a HM?

i have seen this "12462E" and search in Hex and mine is:

124620-16 ANSI-01 08
12462C-12 ANSI-01 28 12 D0 06 48 01 21 FB F7

Could someone tell me if what will i do and what ANSI will i use 12 or 16??
What value should i Change into 00?

Help would be greatly Appreciated Thanks..

btw i use JPAN FIRERED HACKED ENGINE.

I THINK SOMEONE HAD PASSED THIS please help me :(

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Is it possible to change certain battle backgrounds for certain blocks? I want to change FIELD background from "Route 109 Seashore House" to ARENA background like in Elite Four. So when I battle Sailor in this House I want to have Elite Four battlefield in background... I think I explained it well

I attached screens on imageshack (beacause of only 11 posts), there is a link:
h**p://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3656/screensw.png

Please HELP!!!!

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Two quick questions because I don't have the time to search for now:

1. How do we change the Weedle and the Old man's battle sprite in the learning-how-to-catch event?
  2. I have TRIED but I can't make the "é" work on XSE. It always shows as a regular "e".

I'm dumb, I know. I also haven't scripted for ages.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Two quick questions because I don't have the time to search for now:

1. How do we change the Weedle and the Old man's battle sprite in the learning-how-to-catch event?
  2. I have TRIED but I can't make the "é" work on XSE. It always shows as a regular "e".

I'm dumb, I know. I also haven't scripted for ages.

The Old man's back sprite can be changed easily through NSE (The older versions have it automatically in their bookmarks. I'm not entirely sure about version 2.0 or beyond). If you are using JPAN's hacked engine he has edited the routine to allow you to change the Pokemon that the Old man tries to catch through a special. If you aren't using the engine then you're going to need to use ASM :P

You can use '\h1A' as a substitute for 'é'. It uses the raw HEX value for the letter so it should definitely be correct when you try scripting with it.

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I'm still unsure how to change the battle music of certain trainers (like rivals). I'm not talking about intro music, I'm talking about the music that plays when you actually battle them. Can anybody please help? =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back