• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preparing for Red.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2012
I now have all 16 badges from Johto and Kanto I prepare for my faceoff with Red at the top of Mount Silver, now I know Red has some Pokemon in the mid to high 80's in level and that means I will have to have the best all around party with good advantages over his, I have only one level 100 and that is my empoleon that's traded over from pearl. So here's my party I might bring, leave comments or reccomend a change.
Lv 100 Empoleon Drill Peck,Surf,Ice Beam,and Brine
Lv 70 Palkia Spacial Rend, Heal Block,Earth Power,Slash
Lv 64 Snorlax Surf,Rock Climb,Crunch,Giga Impact
Lv 64 Infernape Close Combat,Flare Blitz, Fire Blast,Agility
Lv 64 Meganium Magical Leaf,Hyper Beam,Body Slam, Slash
Lv 60 Zapados Thunder,Agility,Discharge,Fly
Them I have a Lv 58 Charizard and a level 53 Dragonite Those are the two ones idk about, thanks for any responses!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You have a team with two legendaries...which have nice base stats. And a level 100 Empoleon. You'll be fine, lol. Moving to in-game team help, btw.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Few issues here. Thunder is a bad attack to use without Rain being up, so on Zapdos you're better off with Thunderbolt. Fly is physical and it's a better special attacker than physical. You can keep discharge but you'd probably be better off with Hidden Power Ice so that you can hit other things that thunder attacks don't affect, such as ground types which you can't really do much to. Buuut since it's a little complicated to get, leave it as is, imo.

Hyper Beam on Meganium isn't great because Hyper Beam = two turn attack and two turn attacks tend to suck in most cases when a good STAB can just make it allll better! You could consider giving it better grass attacks, like Giga Drain or something since Magical Leaf isn't the greatest and Body Slam/Slash aren't really going to do much for you. However, try Aromatherapy > Slash, so that you can help heal the status of your other Pokemon without using an item.

As for Infernape, you'd be better off if you gave it Swords Dance > Agility since it has good speed anyway, and replaced Fire Blast with Stone Edge. Thennn with Swords Dance you can boost your attack stats really high!

Also on Snorlax you don't really need a special attack since it has such great special attack. While Giga Impact can work, Return would probably be more preferable so that you can hit the opponents w/ good damage without needing a second turn to "recharge". Alsooo you could add on Earthquake for better coverage.

Palkia looks like you only just got it so I wouldn't really overly bother with it while you have everything else, tbh because the others have good potential really. :(

Back