• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
The final hours of the contest begin to come to a close.... I haven't played Pokemon so much before in my life, and no shinies. I feel like a discouraged race car driver who had something going, but is now saying "Sorry guys, that's all I could do."

I'm taking a chance and trying to find a Shiny Duskull.... but my chances of anything are pretty shot. I may go back to Emerald; what I've done all day long. >.<

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Okay, I was soft resetting for Scyther on my FR, and I bought an Abra on accident. I had 5 pokemon in my party before I bought Abra, so if I bought Scyther, it would've gone to the box. I was like "Crap...oh well, might as well check"...and I went to my PC. I hovered the finger over Scyther, and I noticed that it was a bit darker, and it had scarlet-red limbs...I chose to view its summary. It had a blue outline, and a star in the upper-right hand corner.

I have a shiny Scyther. It has a Lax nature. It was about 12: 16 AM when I got it, so sadly, it doesn't count for March Madness. Here are the stats:

HP: 74
Atk: 61
Def: 56
SAtk: 38
SDef: 46
Speed: 61

Years
happy april fools lol. well i still havent gotten my shiny suicune yet, but i will not give up i am going to a friends house tonight and i wont be hunting because of wrestlemania lol. anyway wish me luck and congrads on any new shinys.

i_suikun_s.gif

Attack_of_the_Turtwig

Super Turtwig
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2007
Hey, can I join? I caught a shiny wingull on pokemon sapphire (and if we were allowed to use pokemon GSC, i could add a shiny elekid to that) and on pokemon emerald I caught a shiny volbeat.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Turtwig, I'm sure you'll be allowed to join, just wait for the co's to show up and accept you. ^.^

And FF3K, Stop finding shinies! >x< Unless you just posted that as an April Fools joke. >O

And no, GSC's don't count Turtwig.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Lucky? On crystal, that egg you get from the couple makes um... ah yes any of the new baby pokemon and has a 50% chance of being shiny. =/

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Turtwig, I'm sure you'll be allowed to join, just wait for the co's to show up and accept you. ^.^

And FF3K, Stop finding shinies! >x< Unless you just posted that as an April Fools joke. >O

And no, GSC's don't count Turtwig.
No, it wasn't an April Fools Day Joke.

I just realized that I've technically "won" the March Madness Contest because Shido said we were to go into a sudden death if no one had three shinies by the end of March. No one did have three shinies, so we went into the sudden death. I got my shiny Scyther at 12:16 AM, meaning I won the sudden death.

Years
15-AbraL9a.jpg

Over at SPPF, I said I'd be back here if I found another shiny.

Edit: Turtwig, you may join. Has anything special been going on while I was away? Any surprise appearances by Aaryn/Ryan/SGM? Oh BTW, I did not get the Treecko. My Emerald is cursed. Right now I'm working on getting shiny Beldum in it, which isn't going too well. I've done 1400 resets.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, I haven't been here since Page 400, so I have a lot of reading to do... -.- But why is it that Ryan popped up the day after I left? It must be Pauli's Exclusion Principle at work again. @.@

I'm considering two rule adjustments regarding shiny legitimacy. The first isn't so much a change as it is a disambiguation: When receiving a Pal Parked shiny from the GTS from a complete stranger, you are to assume that it's a clone unless you know otherwise. For now, GTS shinies that were actually caught on a Diamond/Pearl will be accepted, due to the sketchy nature of the supposed D/P cloning myth, but shinies from third-gen games will not be accepted unless you know they're legitimate. You don't have to prove this to us, just to yourself. (Liars will be liars. What I'm trying to avoid here are "I didn't know it was cheated"-type scenarios. You now have clear guidelines.)

The other rule alteration I'm considering is the use of ticket codes to reach the unobtainable legendaries. (Auroras and Old Sea Maps, but probably not Mystictickets, since that's unfair to those who sought shiny Lugia/Ho-oh on Colo/XD.) These Pokémon are simply not on the map for most of us, and the blame lies squarely on Nintendo for locking them up while making their events exceedingly exclusive, so I feel that the very principle of equal opportunity on which the anti-cheat rules are based is in support of granting everyone access to these Pokémon.

Before I make them official, I'd like some discussion on these new rules.

Edit: Note to self: Continue reading from Page 414.

Last edited:
Years
well i was at my friends house yesterday and today watching wrestlemania so i didnt hunt but i will start tommorrow because i am really tired so some serious hunting starts tommorrow see you guys then

but i dont think that you should blame me for cheating because i told everyone that i was going to be using a gameshark to get to navel rock and sr for shiny ho-oh and that is what i did so i dont think the same philosophy as you mm

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I agree with the first rule.

The second rule, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. Are you sayingi that if we cheat to get to the island, but soft reset for the Pokemon legitimately, it doesn't count? Eh, I don't really mind that one. The only Pokemon I would truly do that for is Mew. I like it a lot, and if I soft reset for it legitimately, yet only cheated to get to the island, I wouldn't care if others thought it was illegitimate and didn't count it. I cheated to go to Faraway Island because I wanted it bad enough. I have it now, so I don't care what anyone else thinks.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I dont care much either way XP but for arguments sake lets look at both sides

side A . so you use warp code to get mew lugia deoxys etc etc now you can sr for them shiny and be one of the few to actualy have them WOOT way faster and easier then hoping to get extemly lucky and get mew form event and also faster then beating col over and over agian hoping to get hoho shiny . lugia is a pain in the butt albeit doable . it is annoying as hell to have to save then catchlugia then purify it just to see if its shiny and then repeat the process . so warping has its advantagees and since you're not using the game shark or ar to actualy make it shiny it seems pretty acceptable . you still have to put in tons and tons of hours of hard work and sr's and just becuz you warp there doesnt mean that your cheating to get it so you shouldnt be penalized for nintendo not making them readily available like other legendary pokemon are .

Side B . well first things first using a gs or ar to get there is still cheating and only warants suspicion of if you actualy sr for it or just waited a few days and used a shiny code ( agian no matter how many times people say there arent any there really is tons of them and if you took five minutes out of your time you could find them ) . with that being said it also warants suspicion of your other catchs . sure you might be honest and just sr but other people may not be and so now knowing that you have a cheating device and are willing to use it makes people wonder about you . also what about people who do not own cheating devices ? is it fair that you cheat and are held on a high pedastal for getting a shiny thru way of AR . it's fair to those people who play by the rules and don't want to go spend 15 - 30 bucks for a cheating device just to "keep up" and have access to these pokemon . while yes you can say event pokemon are the same thing as not everyone has access to events held by nintendo you are wrong . if you cannot reahc an event thats nintendos fault and doesn't justify cheating . there are plenty of people who don't have access to such events and still play by the rules.

all in all who cares ? people are going to warp anyways people are going to cheat anyways but thats my two sense and since i have no AR or GS Idc what other people do cuz ive accepted that I can't get them shiny

Attack_of_the_Turtwig

Super Turtwig
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2007
I hate my life...
When i tried to trade my shiny pelliper (yay wingull evolved) to pokemon XD, it turned back to normal... CURSES!!!

Years
I agree with the first rule.

The second rule, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. Are you sayingi that if we cheat to get to the island, but soft reset for the Pokemon legitimately, it doesn't count? Eh, I don't really mind that one. The only Pokemon I would truly do that for is Mew. I like it a lot, and if I soft reset for it legitimately, yet only cheated to get to the island, I wouldn't care if others thought it was illegitimate and didn't count it. I cheated to go to Faraway Island because I wanted it bad enough. I have it now, so I don't care what anyone else thinks.
The current rules forbid the use of teleportation/ticket hacks completely. I'm considering changing this to allow you to hack your way to Birth/Faraway Islands (NOT Navel Rock) to soft reset for shiny Deoxys or Mew. (In the same vein, I'm considering the allowance of early Japanese D/P's Elite Four glitch to soft reset for shiny Darkrai/Shaymin.) This is strictly because there's currently no way to get these Pokémon, short of having traveled up to halfway around the globe to visit one of Nintendo's parties, clearly unreasonable.

The reason I'm considering this is because I've been playing around with WMB for the DS as of late, and trying to track down the Old Sea Map program for the DS (from the Japanese Movie 9 promotion, and with no success) so that I can obtain Mew, possibly even a shiny one. I figured that the use of such a program qualifies as legitimate, seeing as it's signed by Nintendo and was created for that very purpose. The end effect, however, is the very same as if a savegame had been modified, which leaves me to consider that such may be acceptable, so long as it remains within the realm of how the game was intended to be played.

I'm only considering allowing this for the currently unobtainable Pokémon (read: Not Lugia/Ho-oh at Navel Rock, nor Lati@s at Southern Island (unless you have the E-card, of course)) to make the game fair. Others who are cautious not to cheat or simply don't have the means to do so may wish to obtain shiny Lugia/Ho-oh from XD/Colo the extremely long and extremely tedious way, and allowing teleportation to Navel Rock undermines their determination.

Another primary reason I'm considering this is because the third-generation's over. It's highly unlikely that Nintendo's ever going to give away any more third-generation unlockables again. Hence, those of us who didn't have a fair shot at the event Pokémon deserve one.

Lastly, I think I should keep the fourth-generation out of this new rule. I probably won't allow for teleportation hacks on D/P, simply because we have yet so see how Nintendo will handle events in the fourth-gen. It's entirely possible that they may do something fair like provide the tickets over wi-fi. Plus, seeing as no one, not even those living in Nintendo's backyard, have access to the event Pokémon yet, there's no unfair misbalance. It's not that Nintendo gives these things out in events that's the problem, it's how inaccessible these events are for most of us.

1825 Beldums seen. I recently soft reset over an Adamant one with Flawless Attack.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
First, welcome back MM :D

Next, i agree that getting certain mons legitimately is rather impossible so perhaps it would be a good idea to allow using a device to get there and soft reset to obtain it.

The only problem that springs to mind from that is that it would evident that the person in question has a cheating device which in turn would make me doubt the legitimacy of their past and future shinys coming from the third gengeration.

Only by pure trust in their integrity could we believe them, if you are fine with that, so am I.

On an unrelated note: SHC cards. Whats the plan with them XD I attempted to make them in your absence but i think the format i was using was wrong as they would always come out discoloured and such. Any plans for an update?

No hunting news from me as... well I haven't done any. Will be back later.

Back