• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
Hey guys I saved the pichu from the bridge and some how while training it didn't learn volt tackle or atleast I skipped over it learning it... So is there another way to get another pichu with volt tackle or does a pikachu learn it aswell? if so how or what level do I get volt tackle?

AZI

Years
Hey guys I saved the pichu from the bridge and some how while training it didn't learn volt tackle or atleast I skipped over it learning it... So is there another way to get another pichu with volt tackle or does a pikachu learn it aswell? if so how or what level do I get volt tackle?

i didnt bother leveling pichu .. but ive catchd it and yet i dont have it added to "own" in pokedex ... any ideas ???

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
Do You Know Where can i find the balloon that flies you over to johto?

oh and where can i find dialga and palkia?

THX!

Years

You can trying breeding it or its evolutions!!!!

THX!

You can try WESLEY'S guide of legendries for your answers or HIS official website for clues....

Last edited:

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Where can I catch a magby?

In Flamerny City, talk to the cool trainer sitting on the bench.

THX!

First, defeat Cynthia in Noormeak City.
Go to the peak of Mt. Oren. Dialga is at left portal & Palkia is at right portal.

Last edited:

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Umm, hello!

I downloaded the English version of this game, but after I patched it to Pokemon Ruby, the screen is nothing but a white fill. Can anyone help me?

-JS7

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Umm, hello!

I downloaded the English version of this game, but after I patched it to Pokemon Ruby, the screen is nothing but a white fill. Can anyone help me?

-JS7

Well, either you have a corrupted Ruby ROM or you did not modify the Save Type in VBA (Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K, and reset emulator). Someone recommended a decent ROM a page or two before, so I suggest that as it worked perfectly with me.

The game till now is splendid, but I have to admit that the giving away of too many Pokemon is a little overwhelming, as well as every trainer holding around 4-5 Pokemon. Also, the EXP rates aren't a trivial thing really; I don't know if modifying them takes time or needs over-the-top hacking, since I have zero knowledge in ROM modding, but if they can be 'fixed', it would definitely be a plus. Otherwise, it's fine and I don't mind that much. The game deserves a wider audience, to be honest. Kudos to the author Wesley and good luck in your future projects.

Last edited:

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years

Well, either you have a corrupted Ruby ROM or you did not modify the Save Type in VBA (Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K, and reset emulator). Someone recommended a decent ROM a page or two before, so I suggest that as it worked perfectly with me.
I tried both options, but it is still a white fill. Thanks for trying to help.:)

darkenforca

Hi there, quick questions, form what I've gathered if you talk to Prof. Oak etc. you can get even more starters, first off is this true and do you have walk out of the building or can you keep spamming 'A' to talk to him?

AZI

Years
oki im almost done with it :) .. gotta say its great .. mostly cos i live giratina (for im ghost lover) so gettin giratina as first legendary and long b4 end of game is just great for me :D

so far only thing i dislike in Light Platinum is that FLY thing .. why cant i fly to some cities in Lauren Region ??
This Flamerny City is pretty close to others so theres no problem walkin from it but . IM LAZY :D

ohh one more thing ...
319448.png

so where do i get RALTS or KIRLIA ?? .. where can i catch them ?? ;)

FOR I AM A GHOST LOVER :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
Thx!

um do you know how to get to johto?? and were i can find the balloon?

In Flamerny City, talk to the cool trainer sitting on the bench.

First, defeat Cynthia in Noormeak City.
Go to the peak of Mt. Oren. Dialga is at left portal & Palkia is at right portal.

Thx!

um do you know how to get to johto?? and were i can find the balloon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Okay, I have the 7 badges and I am in Drakebreath City, but the gym is close so is that cave in the city. There was like a large house north of the city, and I beat all the bad guys inside. What now? How does that guy blocking the cave leave?

Back