• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
In reference to the sprite I like the one on the left! :D

Just started this hack, and although I got horribly confused as to where to go its still enjoyable.

Only found one teeny thing, theres a mapping area in the entrance part of Mineral Cave, you can walk on top of the rock on the left.

Years
Okay, I haven't been here for quite a while but YEEEEEAHHH BETA 2! You never fail to surprise, Jagold. :)
As for the sprites, I like the left one.
One bug I should point about the Beta is, well, you forgot to remove the warp to Boulder City through one of the houses in Guardia Town. :P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
21ook2b.jpg

Okay pipz...
I, again, uploaded another patch...
Try and see if it's working fine this time with the Angeallen script...
If it still doesn't, please let me know.
Thanks~

---oOo---​

yea looking good so far but i think i missed an event? something with a guy with a charizard? in your tool chapter 2 scene 7 i read about it and i started a new game with the latest fix. does this mean i will have to start over again or can i continue? and its really annoying to walk that much:P

The one you've read with a Charizard was a fanfic...
It was like reading a Manga...

There's no actual script in the game where a Charizard will help you.
Sorry for the confusion...

YES B2 IS OUT!!! That means. IM FRIGGIN' OUT YEAH!!! Im gonna start a walkthrough on youtube right away.

Eheheh...
Thanks~

Red and that was only thing I saw btw did you know that Butterfree and Luvdisc in Catching contest are both holding Master Ball? Or it's on purpouse?

...?
o.O

In reference to the sprite I like the one on the left! :D

Just started this hack, and although I got horribly confused as to where to go its still enjoyable.

Only found one teeny thing, theres a mapping area in the entrance part of Mineral Cave, you can walk on top of the rock on the left.

really?
I'll check it out...

Okay, I haven't been here for quite a while but YEEEEEAHHH BETA 2! You never fail to surprise, Jagold. :)
As for the sprites, I like the left one.
One bug I should point about the Beta is, well, you forgot to remove the warp to Boulder City through one of the houses in Guardia Town. :P

Yeah...
Someone already pointed that one out. :\
Thanks though~

---oOo---​

Years
Okay, time for more bug reports! \o/
Let's start off with those I didn't take a screenshot of.

-Typos. There's like, at least FIVE times 'onced' is typed instead of 'once'.
-At Mineral Cave, after the Dark Organization dude pushes you, every wild Pokemon in there is a level 0 Missingno.
-During the Nicholas script, there's two Kevin's. I mean, the one that's near Ryan is still there. Shouldn't he be like... moved away?
And now for screenshots.

rdlogbeta201.png

Shouldn't the ranger face the other way?

logb2bug.png

When you enter this house, you can't get out.

Also, a couple of questions.
How do I get HM's cut and surf? You said there's 5 gyms and both cut and surf are available, though I have no idea how to find those.
Thanks in advance!

Years
Ok, thanks. :)
I lost to Claire, so I hope it won't mess up the game... heheh, only one way to find out.

Edit:
Ack, both of them won't give me the HM's. x_x
I have 4 symbols, if that matters... Am I doing something wrong?

Edit 2:
I found an odd bug... When you exit Sinister Woods and want to return there, Light will come with a "Trainer Tips" message and fade. The script is on repeat and causes very odd circumstances later on... :S
rdlogbeta203.png

And then it sparkles. The sparkle won't leave, but if you talk to it...
rdlogbeta205.png

This happens.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yo, NecroFlame...
What patch are you playing?:\
Are you playing fixed version 2, or version 3?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I didn't notice 3 was released. :/
I am using 2, as of now. If I use 3, will I be able to obtain Surf and Cut?

yeah, of course...
version 3 has the most bug fixes, I think... :\
but I don't think version 3 fixes the Highpoint Town house glitch yet...
I better fix it.
thanks for the report, though~

Before switching patches, save inside houses, k?

Years
Ok, thanks. :P
I'll make sure to report more bugs if I find any.

EDIT:
Dammit! I still can't obtain both Surf and Cut!
Does that mean I have to.. *gulp* restart the game? ~.~

EDIT 2:
The 'Trainer Tips' bug is still there.

EDIT 3:
Ok I think I finished the Beta. I couldn't obtain Surf because I didn't have 5 badges, silly me. :P
If the beta ends at the broken script of Angeallen in Fortune Valley S. , then yeah I reached there.
And why is it 'broken'? When you talk to every NPC in there it freezes the game. I suppose the script isn't done yet but I don't mind. I had a fun time.

A few minor bug reports:
-NPCs around Angeallen freeze the game
-Trainer Tips bug is still there, as I mentioned before
-Some NPCs still have Hoenn speech and that should be modified
-Yanma's overworld is well... Oddish. :P

I had a fun time playing this second Beta. I wouldn't mind becoming a Beta tester, too. :P
Excellent work, as usual. Keep it up!

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well interesting... I didn't meet that bug xD not even Light there xD
and btw you can obtain Cut after 2nd badge :D but Surf after 5th
anyway I was playing the original Beta 2 and the fixed one as well but no bug :/
but it could be that I didn't battle with Claire... I kinda um... guess I rejected the battle :D
but that overworld is real :)
And about that Angeallen script... Did it work for ya?

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
I just played it, and it looks like I have to start again again. Angeallean again, but no scripts... Just people standing there. Most tell you to choose a Pokémon then freeze. DJG, wouldn't it be better to have no script for them?

Actually, looking at the guide I think I might have activated scene 16 prematurely, in the second edition of beta 2. Oh well.

Btw is someone willing to donate a save file up to Boulder city with Wartortle/Blastoise and Lucario? I don't feel like starting again again...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok, thanks. :P
I'll make sure to report more bugs if I find any.

Spoiler:

I had a fun time playing this second Beta. I wouldn't mind becoming a Beta tester, too. :P
Excellent work, as usual. Keep it up!

you can obtain SURF after you receive the 5th symbol...
you can receive CUT after receiving the 1st symbol...

by 'Trainer Tips'.., do you mean Light in Silkwind Town?
if so... grrr... -__-

Broken script, meaning the script won't work?
sigh...

Thanks for the bug reports...

Well interesting... I didn't meet that bug xD not even Light there xD
and btw you can obtain Cut after 2nd badge :D but Surf after 5th
anyway I was playing the original Beta 2 and the fixed one as well but no bug :/
but it could be that I didn't battle with Claire... I kinda um... guess I rejected the battle :D
but that overworld is real :)
And about that Angeallen script... Did it work for ya?

battling Claire has no effects in the game.
you can leave her there, or battle her.
it's not an important battle...

so you mean that the scripts work fine?
now this is confusing... @_@

I just played it, and it looks like I have to start again again. Angeallean again, but no scripts... Just people standing there. Most tell you to choose a Pokémon then freeze. DJG, wouldn't it be better to have no script for them?

Actually, looking at the guide I think I might have activated scene 16 prematurely, in the second edition of beta 2. Oh well.

Btw is someone willing to donate a save file up to Boulder city with Wartortle/Blastoise and Lucario? I don't feel like starting again again...

those people don't have scripts...
anyways, if you don't wish to restart the game, just save the game inside a house and wait until I can fix it... sigh...

also, a Lucario already?
wow, that's fast.

Years
Yeah, I meant the bug about Light that says trainer tips. :P
Also, my Riolu evolved at level 23. I was like "Happy happy joy joy". xD

Edit:
And by the 'broken' script I meant to describe what ~Poke~ said with the people who ask you for a Pokemon then freeze your game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
No I didn't try it because I saved game far after the Angeallen's script or you mean the scripts which Necroflame mentioned?
Lucario 23lv? nice one ;) but I had him at 21lv :)

Last edited:

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow its been a long time since i came here :) and the progress of youre new hack DJ was very great :) as i expected u r busy fixing bugs in the game :D ill try tp play it later :) and also got question :) how many d/p pokes can obtain in the beta 2? tnx ill try to patch it now in my roms ruby mugs version :)

Soldiers of Filth

Semi-Pro Band Promoter and Art
Years
After the DO take over of Boulder City, you can go and activate the Angellean event pre-maturely, so when it does come time to activate the event, the same glitch that happened in the Ice Mountain Place (cant remember name. not very good at that XD) where if you talk to anyone it opens your party and they all say able, and the game freezes. i suggest placing some of the knights or something saying they are investigating something so you cant enter and activate it until you beat Terry.

i also found a glitch. on the way up the ice mountain, if you faint not from the ice but from a battle it will teleport you to the top and pre-maturely activate all of the events up there, and if you talk to one of the knights at this time, they are lvl 40 wild Regice o.O

wNtR Azazel

I need scissors! Sixty-one!
Years
Found a glitch in Version 2, don't know if it's been fixed in Version 3.

I activated the Angeallen script prematurely (after beating the DO commander, before beating Rhea and Terry), the script played perfectly, but there were no sprites.

Other than that, the hack is looking great, really love the pallete changes and the new music, awesome work DJG

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
21ook2b.jpg

Okay pipz, so I have uploaded another patch...
It's in the first page now. It's Fixed Version 3.1...
Hopefully, it fixes the Angeallen preactivation glitch...
I tested the script and it works fine now(lucily I had a save state where I was still in Low Point Path)...

Remember to save inside houses before switching to the latest patch...
Oh, don't save inside the Bug Catching Contest Hall, okay?
I added a level script there since I forgot to add it...

Thanks~

---oOo---​

Yeah, I meant the bug about Light that says trainer tips. :P
Also, my Riolu evolved at level 23. I was like "Happy happy joy joy". xD

Edit:
And by the 'broken' script I meant to describe what ~Poke~ said with the people who ask you for a Pokemon then freeze your game.

My Riolu's lvl 26 and it's not evolving yet... :(

No I didn't try it because I saved game far after the Angeallen's script or you mean the scripts which Necroflame mentioned?
Lucario 23lv? nice one ;) but I had him at 21lv :)

What I meant was the Angeallen script event...
So it worked fine in your case?

wow its been a long time since i came here :) and the progress of youre new hack DJ was very great :) as i expected u r busy fixing bugs in the game :D ill try tp play it later :) and also got question :) how many d/p pokes can obtain in the beta 2? tnx ill try to patch it now in my roms ruby mugs version :)

Thanks.
Well, the D/P/Pt POKéMON in the hack are 15(including the green colored Sheelos and Gastrodon)...

After the DO take over of Boulder City, you can go and activate the Angellean event pre-maturely, so when it does come time to activate the event, the same glitch that happened in the Ice Mountain Place (cant remember name. not very good at that XD) where if you talk to anyone it opens your party and they all say able, and the game freezes. i suggest placing some of the knights or something saying they are investigating something so you cant enter and activate it until you beat Terry.

i also found a glitch. on the way up the ice mountain, if you faint not from the ice but from a battle it will teleport you to the top and pre-maturely activate all of the events up there, and if you talk to one of the knights at this time, they are lvl 40 wild Regice o.O

I found the problem there.
If you heal your POKéMON by talking to the old lady, she activates the fly position flag in Highpoint Town...
Thanks. I fixed it...

Found a glitch in Version 2, don't know if it's been fixed in Version 3.

I activated the Angeallen script prematurely (after beating the DO commander, before beating Rhea and Terry), the script played perfectly, but there were no sprites.

Other than that, the hack is looking great, really love the pallete changes and the new music, awesome work DJG

Try the new version available.
Thanks~

Yo DJG i love this hack it's awesome. You have just scored yourself another Fan. :)

Thanks~

---oOo---​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back