• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
What's a great place for speed and defense EV training in Black?

For Defense, defeat Venipede's and Sewaddle's in Pinwheel forest. For speed, defeat Woobat, Blitzle's and Basculin's, dotted around the region. For more help, go to the; Ev training guide.

isn't it vise versa? cause zekrom is at front of my white version? oO

Haha, yeah it is. XD I got it wrong. :x

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
Years

For speed, any water/sea route would do fine. Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs and usually the best way to EV train in that stat. If your Pokémon is at a low level, I'd suggest surfing the area in Striaton City for Basculin, as they are usually around their 10-13's if I remember so correctly.

As for Defense, Sewaddle or Venipede should do. They only give 1 pt each but they're pretty easy to come upon. They are located in Pinwheel Forest.

Hope this helps. :)

Wow, thanks. I am about to start EV training for the first time. All my Pokemon are around the level 50s. I want to face Alder--well, first, the OVERPOWERED LVL 75 Elite 4...then Alder.

Edit: What's so special about Shinies other than they are...rare. And...color changed?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Wow, thanks. I am about to start EV training for the first time. All my Pokemon are around the level 50s. I want to face Alder--well, first, the OVERPOWERED LVL 75 Elite 4...then Alder.

If you're EV training for the first time, I'm sure you'll be interested in taking a look at an EV Training Guide I have in specific for Black and White. :)

Also the deal with shinies, is because they are pretty rare to encounter, many tend to be really proud and excited to find one. There are those who don't really care about encountering them though. There's not really much of a story behind shinies besides the fact that they are a different color for a Pokémon. That's all there is to it about 'em, and why they are considered special.

Last edited:

Ruhn

Breeder
Years
@ dragonomega: lol. i was just wandering

so there are diffrent places where u can train your pokemon at diffrent ways?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
@ dragonomega: lol. i was just wandering

so there are diffrent places where u can train your pokemon at diffrent ways?
Yep. It's called EV training! If you'd like to take a look at how it works, you can see how in my Frequently Asked Questions sticky under "EV Training Guide".

~Touko

Haxorus Breeder ~ #1 Axew Fan
Years
Should I use AR to hack and get shiny pokemon and any pokemon that I want? Or should I play fairly? Orrrrr, should I play fairly the first time through the game and then hack the second time?

Thanks!

-Touko

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Should I use AR to hack and get shiny pokemon and any pokemon that I want? Or should I play fairly? Orrrrr, should I play fairly the first time through the game and then hack the second time?

Thanks!

-Touko

Well, just play the game without cheats, it'll give you a better gameplay experience. However, if you wanna use cheats go ahead and use em'. n___n

Also, if you do end up hacking your shiny's. Do not. Trade them to others, as trading hacks is against the rules. :x

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
Team Help

I need help choosing my team in pokemon black >.<
This is my current team:
Samurott
Fraxure
Golett
Victini or Darmanitan (which?)
-----
-----

Who is better? Victini or Darmanitan
What last 2 pokemon should I use?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
What is the difference between surfing spots and fishing spots?

Last edited:

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
What is the different between surfing spots and fishing spots?

They both have different rare occuring Pokemon in them, for example a surfing spot might spit up a Poliwrath while a fishing spot might give you a Feebas.

It's good to check somewhere like Bulbapedia and it'll give you all the Pokemon and their occurring rates for both.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_4

In this case, the rippling water when surfing will either give you a Jellicent or a Alomomola. But if you fish in the rippling water then you'll get evolutions and rarer Pokemon from normal fishing such as Huntail, Kingler, Relicanth, whereas if you just fished you can get a Krabby, Clamperl etc.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Thank you!

Also, if I have a Deerling will it change with the seasons? Or do I have to catch separate Deerling if I want all the different seasonal forms?

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Thank you!

Also, if I have a Deerling will it change with the seasons? Or do I have to catch separate Deerling if I want all the different seasonal forms?

Deerling changes according to the season, but it only has this option if it is in your party, they wont change if they're in your PC (which doesn't actually help).
So if you capture a Winter Deerling and we move into Summer, it will change if it is in your party.

But basically no, you only have to capture one Deerling and it will change.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
If it's in your party when the seasons change, it will.

EDIT: Hehe, double ninja'd. And no, there's no such policy. I don't see why you'd think that, and frankly you're being a bit rude just to ask. It's only been five minutes or so since you posted your first question. Just because nobody answered it yet doesn't mean we're ignoring you. And besides, you were posting in the wrong place to begin with, I think. This thread is for questions about the games, not the forum. Try Community Questions & Feedback if you have an issue with the forums.

Then perhaps, in future, just a) check what a thread's for before you post in it and b) don't say things that could be construed as rude? No serious forum would have a policy of ignoring newcomers, much less one like PC, which is known for its friendly atmosphere. Asking such a thing just suggests you're annoyed because nobody responded to you for five minutes. Good luck.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Okay guys, let's keep this thread related to questions regarding Black and White now.

The_Evil_Weavile

used Ennui
Years
I am in fact annoyed because no one responded to me for 5 minutes. Anyway, does this thread include opinion questions?

If not, here's an objective one:

Is the Entralink feature where one can enter the game of another player anything like the underground feature of previous games. (Having never used said feature in present.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back