• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
I wouldn't mind providing some pixel work (sadly that is the only medium I can provide other than sketches) if this was more organized with more details in original post and a proper dex format.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I wouldn't mind providing some pixel work (sadly that is the only medium I can provide other than sketches) if this was more organized with more details in original post and a proper dex format.

Haha this is a little disorganized!

And go for it!
We would love to see what you got!
You can post some work, but just don't go spam crazy!

Also, I should have the steel eevee up in an hour, just sketched of course.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Awesome. I was planning to sort it out at some point but with exams I am a little busy at the moment

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
So, here's what the steel eevee looks like thus far:
steeleon_zpsd0e07d05.png

(I think it needs more armor-y parts)
Since it's still a sketch, lets all decide how and what the final design should be.
The design was based on warlords and warriors, but if anyone has a different thought please share!

Also, what exams are you taking Jet?
I can understand what its like being stressed over tests, so feel free to just pop in every once in a while to see how everything is going!

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Gcse exams Sun. A lot of work!! The design looks really good. Maybe thd tail could be a but thinner buy that's about it :)
IMPORTANT NOTICE : WOULD ANYBODY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME USING THE FINAL POKEDEX FOR ACCOMMUNITY HACK I WANT TO MAKE??

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Jet, it has been made abundantly clear to you cannot use these in your game. And not just once or twice but multiple times. Both by me and alexial. If you still insist on doing it I will have no choice but to unapprove the entire thread. All the posts will disappear just like that - poof. And if by any chance you saved these images and are later found to use them in your game...you will be punished accordingly. So please stop. Right now.

Just so everybody knows, this project will now be handled by alexial and not jet. I can't explain the whole thing because I'm on phone but yes, just letting you guys know.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
We do not allow request threads here. We were under the impression that this was merely a community dex being made for fun. But, as it turns out, you planned to use these designs in your game all along. So it is, in essence, a request thread. Which, as I already mentioned, are not not allowed.

If you do require artists to make a pokedex for you to use in your game, making a thread and giving it the title "Pokécommunity Pokedex Project" is not the way to go. What you should've done was contact the artists individually for help. Maybe form a team by communicating over VM/PM/skype/anything. But not what you did.

We'd have locked the thread under normal circumstances. But it's obvious that quite a lot of time and effort was put into the project by our lovely A&D members. We don't want it to go to waste. We honestly do appreciate all the hard work you've put into it, guys. And that's why this thread is merely undergoing a change with regards to who's in charge and nothing else. Alexial will take reigns of this project from now onwards. If you are discontented with our decision, you're free to approach hstaff.

Edit; Also, just to answer your question:
Derozio in the A&D Guidelines said:
The only threads that you're allowed to make in Art & Design are ones that come under one of the following types - Galleries, Shops, Tutorials, Resources, Battles and Discussions related to art.
And, as you can see, threads requesting artwork/sprites are not among the ones that are allowed. But since it seems as if we weren't clear enough, I've added a 'request threads not allowed' rule in there. In case some people miss it. Like you probably did.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
To add on to what Derozio said, we now allow small traditional / digital requests in the DCC! :D

So kids, I will be taking reigns of this project and turning it into our very own, personal, beautiful fakemon collection! <3 Something that really represents the finest of A&D's fakemon creators.

Since everyone has already contributed a heck of a lot of amazing art, I see no reason to discard all of it. Actually, I rather like this theme of Greek Mythology, so unless someone would like to contribute another theme, I plan on continuing this.

Let me start this off by cataloging~

Fire Starter
Spoiler:

Water Starter
Spoiler:

Grass Starter
Spoiler:

Eevee Evolution(s)
Spoiler:

Legendaries
Spoiler:

Uncatalogued Pokemon
Spoiler:

SO, HERE'S THE OFFICIAL INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENTS!
- Sunfished, start thinking up some names for your awesome grass starter if there isn't already one. Also, get working on a more final form of the Steel Eevee evolution. :) I like that one.
- Myself, I want to finish the water starter and start on my ancient fakemons!
- It seems Golurk is no longer contributing, so first come first serve on the fire starter. Got a cool idea for the final evolution? Post them! Unless you come back Golurk. In that case, finish the fire starter! :p
- Jetstream9777, start defining "Greek Mythology" in these fakemons. Look up different stories / myths and give us some ideas for how to better mold these guys.
- KriegStein, help me figure out a cool, mythology inspired bird and bug type fakemon. Reference Sunfished's bug in "Uncatalogued Pokemon".

GROUP ASSIGNMENTS
- What's the name of our region, guys?! xD Let's figure that out! I was thinking Roneia (Row-Nee-Ah) but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
- Once we have names and types for all the aforementioned fakemons (give or take a few) we will have 129 more to go! It's a long road ahead, so lets get to work!

I will be personally creating an excel document with names / types / abilities / movesets / any relevant information and sending you all a copy. This post here is in no way our final index. I just absolutely needed to organize this thread into one coherent system.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Should I work on these more? Perhaps make their more humanoid forms? If we're still going with that, anyways. With school coming to a close, I'll have more time to refine them, if you want me to o-o

Yeah! That would be awesome! n_n;

Play around with the designs a bit and use your best judgement when it comes to making them more humanoid. The way I see it, there's no reason they can't have animal forms and human forms like the Kami-trio. :3

Definitely want to see what you can come up with for a color pallet too!

@ Golurk : Oh good! I was worried you left the project <3 Yeah draw your heart out and I'll add the final fire evo to the list~

Years
Okay so my webcam is a potato but perhaps you can decipher what I was drawing here?!

bC8mLoG.jpg

I drew the second side as I thought the first was too messy but my pencil just got duller and duller... I can redraw when I have a pencil sharpener or someone could digitally draw it if they can see it!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Its great to see this project becoming more organized!

As for the grass starter's names, it was Jet's idea first, so I'll let Jet name it/them.

The steel eevee is getting more armor and SLIGHTLY longer appendages, to make it more fake-y.

Edit:
Oh yeah, here's a better steel eevee:
steeleon1_zps17e4d957.png

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Here, I colored in the Hades one. I was aiming for a fire/ghost or fire/dark type, but... I dunno. What do you guys think? .w.'
2w7n5eb.jpg

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Its great to see this project becoming more organized!

As for the grass starter's names, it was Jet's idea first, so I'll let Jet name it/them.

The steel eevee is getting more armor and SLIGHTLY longer appendages, to make it more fake-y.

Edit:
Oh yeah, here's a better steel eevee:
steeleon1_zps17e4d957.png

Ah, awesome! n_n; I've added your update to the first post! Personally, I'd like to see you get coloring that amazing little creature, but do whatever you'd like if you have any neat ideas! :3

@ Fort (is it okay if I call you that? lol)

I love the color scheme. The clash of cold and warm colors really makes it pop and gives it a solid feel! But it needs more... spikes. Yeah. Spikes. Make it a touch more devilish looking. Overall though, really strong design. Super happy with it! <3 Also, any thoughts on a name?

As for myself, I finished the Saber-Cat ancient pokemon! n_n;
ancient_sabercat_zps1e78a96e.png

I was thinking that, since it's not fully evolved, it's fangs are too small to use effectively. So instead, it learns kung-foo or something. :p Making it a fighting type! Thoughts?

First post has been updated everyone! Make sure you read it, k? :D

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Ah, awesome! n_n; I've added your update to the first post! Personally, I'd like to see you get coloring that amazing little creature, but do whatever you'd like if you have any neat ideas! :3

@ Fort (is it okay if I call you that? lol)

I love the color scheme. The clash of cold and warm colors really makes it pop and gives it a solid feel! But it needs more... spikes. Yeah. Spikes. Make it a touch more devilish looking. Overall though, really strong design. Super happy with it! <3 Also, any thoughts on a name?

As for myself, I finished the Saber-Cat ancient pokemon! n_n;
ancient_sabercat_zps1e78a96e.png

I was thinking that, since it's not fully evolved, it's fangs are too small to use effectively. So instead, it learns kung-foo or something. :p Making it a fighting type! Thoughts?

First post has been updated everyone! Make sure you read it, k? :D
Perhaps flamey spikes? If I add metallic ones, it'll start looking more like a steel-type XD I haven't really given the name much thought... I'll get back to you tomorrow, since I'm out of time for drawing and such tonight o.o

I like the saber, by the way <3 I'd suggest making it fire/fighting since it's tiger-like, but I think Pokemon's already had enough of that XD ...I just wanna huggle that little thing...

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I think that the saber cat should be a ground ice cause it's from the ice age and most fossils sre either rock or ground types. Not to keen on the coloured in legendary design I think that it should be s humanoid and tje drawing style is to basic for pokemon but tje colours ate awesome.

Years
I would prefer it be a pure Fighting-type all the way through its evolutions. Also to add, these legendary designs lack more Pokemon flavour.

Back