• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shadow Pokemon

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Hello all, long time lurker, new post. I've run into some issues I can't seem to solve on my own with the essentials engine

So, I've managed to implement shadow pokemon into my game, but I've run into a couple of problems. Firstly, the "scent" items only work if the pokemon is in hyper mode outside of a battle. I don't know if this is intentional, but if it is, then I guess it's working as expected.

Secondly, whenever a pokemon does enter Hyper Mode during a battle (both trainer and wild, I've checked this multiple times), I'm not given the "call" option. I haven't edited any of the code regarding battles or shadow pokemon (I'm not the most competent coder, but I manage), so unless I overlooked this in the Bug thread, or it didn't come up in search, I'm completely lost. I'd love to get this working, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
For the first one, in PokemonShadowPokemon script change line 'if !pokemon.hypermode' to 'if !pokemon.shadow'.

For the second question, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, try to change the both '@opponent' to '@battle.opponent'.

Really both are wrong. The scent should be the only item that hyper mode pokémon accept, not to be only be accepted in the hyper mode. Maruno, please correct these issues.

Last edited:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
For the second question, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, try to change the both '@opponent' to '@battle.opponent'.
In this case, the "call" option appears even though the active Pokemon is not a shadow Pokemon.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
In this case, the "call" option appears even though the active Pokemon is not a shadow Pokemon.
But I believe that this is made on purpose. If you wish to only appears when you are using a Shadow pokémon, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, instead of the change that I listed before, try to change the first '@opponent' to '@battle.opponent && @battle.battlers[index].isShadow?'.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
In the Orre region games, you can call your Pokemon regardless of whether they are shadow or not, if I recall correctly.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
In the Orre region games, you can call your Pokemon regardless of whether they are shadow or not, if I recall correctly.
But in Orre games you can't run from battles, even versus a wild pokémon (only in a few places in XD). So, I think that the best way is to enable "call" command if you are battling versus a trainer and you are using a Shadow pokémon. The latter requirement isn't too necessary for a game that have Shadow Pokémon, because Run didn't works versus trainers, except in internal battles (I recommend to check this flag too).

Back