• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Wii U is completely worth it. It's first-party heavy yeah, but that's how Nintendo's console always are. Increasingly so. If you like any Nintendo franchise, honestly their best incarnation is on the Wii U right now.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Got to agree that with the promotion of MK8 and a free download it's certainly not a bad time to get a Wii U. I did so myself. =p
Yeah the Wii U is the best gaming device to get right now.

Even the 3DS doesn't have much except Smash, but the Wii U has the better version of it anyway. All the Vita is getting is games catering to those...weird otakus.

Though Master Chief collection is tempting me to get an XBone. 60fps Halo 1-3? YES PLEASE
Helps that it's looking to have other great games. I'm only interested in Uncharted 4 for the PS4.
Gotta disagree that you say the 3ds doesn't have much - I think otherwise, it has too many game for me to have all the ones I'm interested in in fact.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Gotta disagree that you say the 3ds doesn't have much - I think otherwise, it has too many game for me to have all the ones I'm interested in in fact.
Same here. I just watched E3 with tears streaming, all the while thinking, "I don't need this. I shouldn't be watching this." The 3DS is going to be the bane of my wallet's existence, I swear.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
To me, Nintendo has THE consoles that are great to have right now. See above for my reasoning behind the Wii U, but the 3DS has a fantastic lineup as well.

I bought my 3DS for the sole purpose of playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I was encouraged to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening, which after burning out on Animal Crossing some, I played to death because that game is pure joy. I've also got Mario Tennis Open, Pokemon X, and Super Mario 3D Land. I've spent a good deal of time on all the games I own for the 3DS and have had my 3DS for awhile now. I'm not tired of it still. It's great for some really long-term fun games. I also have Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but I've yet to play that one (been too busy with my Wii U). :)

I will say (just to refer to the Xbone/PS4)...there are a FEW games on both systems that I want to play. Dead Rising 3 looks like another neat game in that franchise (I bought my Xbox 360 after seeing the original Dead Rising - it's one of my all-time favorite games). I'm sure each will come into their own before long, but I just see no logical reason to buy either currently when their lineups are very weak. Perhaps by Black Friday/Christmas-time, they'll be of better value (to me). For those that enjoy/like their systems, congrats and glad you're at least gaming.

All I know is...I really, really wanna game on a PC, but I still need to build one. :)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.

Sold. I was going to wait one more paycheck and get it early August but with the refurb discount and a free game? I'll get one on my paycheck on Friday :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Sold. I was going to wait one more paycheck and get it early August but with the refurb discount and a free game? I'll get one on my paycheck on Friday :)

That's what I'm talkin' about! :D

swanson-dance.gif

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh, I actually...don't have a TV right now. I read online that that's not an issue for most games though? I'll get it eventually but it's two hours away and tolls and I don't feel like making that drive again x_x

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh, I actually...don't have a TV right now. I read online that that's not an issue for most games though? I'll get it eventually but it's two hours away and tolls and I don't feel like making that drive again x_x
Not at all, the majority of games make use of the gamepad to the point where you can use it exclusively.

Be careful, though, as some use them in conjunction with each other. What games are you planning on getting, initially?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years

Not sure on most games, since I only own a few. Mario Kart can be played on the GamePad exclusively. No TV needed. ZombiU, not sure on. NintendoLand can be played on the GamePad alone for solo games, as far as I know.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Not at all, the majority of games make use of the gamepad to the point where you can use it exclusively.

Be careful, though, as some use them in conjunction with each other. What games are you planning on getting, initially?

Not sure on most games, since I only own a few. Mario Kart can be played on the GamePad exclusively. No TV needed. ZombiU, not sure on. NintendoLand can be played on the GamePad alone for solo games, as far as I know.

Just Mario Kart and Wind Waker to start. Then Pikmin 3 next paycheck, then...idk!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Aww, bet I can't just walk into a store and buy it though :( Oh well haha, I wasn't planning on owning it for a while anyway so I can wait!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I think the best reason to own both current Nintendo consoles, if you haven't owned the DS and Wii as well, is the amazing, AMAZING, backlog and game collection you can have. 3DS has the best 1st party handheld games from Nintendo while the DS has the best 3rd party handheld games, while you get an excellent still 1st party DS collection and a not so excellent 3rd party 3DS collection. Meanwhile, the Wii is the same thing 3rd party wise as the Wii U, but its still an amazing selection. And 1st party? You just got yourself access to the greatest library of games in the last decade. Seriously. We're talking about upwards of 300+ games that are worth owning collectively over 4 consoles for the price of 2. If that's not value for your money as a gamer, priorities need to be straightened.

Anyway, tales of game shopping part 6!
I just gave up a brand new, shrink wrapped copy of Shadow Hearts From the New World for 10 euros. The withdrawls are strong, but I'm holding back for the sake of eating something till the paycheck comes in tomorrow.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
They aren't gonna have problems supporting UE4, though.
Yeah, that's true. But tell me, of the upcoming titles, which ones are making use of Unreal Engine? And of the games that have come out in the last 10 years, which "killer apps" have used the Unreal Engine?

It's not going to be a decisive feature.

Also, this is happening:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nly_with_the_2014_club_nintendo_elite_rewards

And now I don't know what to pick. There are too many choices ;_;

Years
I love my Wii-U. I banked on myself nabbing that before an Xbox One. It had a slow start up if you didn't get the bundle, but the games are enough to keep you occupied until the bigger stuff comes out. Plus classic NES games on the fly!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Oh, I was thinking more in terms of upcoming games when I said that. If you don't own a 3DS already then yeah, it's definitely worth it.
Also, this is happening:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nly_with_the_2014_club_nintendo_elite_rewards

And now I don't know what to pick. There are too many choices ;_;
Solid picks for the Platinum awards but what's up with the second list? It seems really uneven, especially when Wario Land 2 or Super Mario Land 2 are the easiest choices to pick here. (I'm assuming everyone already owns SMB1 lol)
And why not 3D Classic Kid Icarus?

Also, Metroid Zero Mission when? Japan got it on VC last month.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I'm deciding between Donkey Kong Country Returns and Earthbound, but someone mentioned that Earthbound is only worth $10 on the eShop, while DKCR is worth $30. I think the choice is fairly obvious with that answer. :P

I'll definitely still end up getting Earthbound, but perhaps at a later time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back