• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Try using a different flag. Try starting at around the 0x200 point. 0x001 could have been set at the start of the game.

Thanks very much. I didn't realise that. So am I doing good with scripting so far?

EDIT: It didn't work. Now it just freezes the character and he can't move. Everything else like NPCs are still functional though. It's probably my script in genral. Can you help me anymore?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2007
errr... where exactly can you get a ROM to hack?

Also are there any good hacking programs you can get?

If anyone knows of any I would really appreciate a link...

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Okay, I know this tut is supposed to help but is it for Advance text, cuz that's what I have...

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I don't suppose anyone would be able to help me with...

#org $go
trainerbattle 1 0x15F $before $after
boxset 6
release
end

#org $before
$before 1 = Hmmmm...\nSo this is Sylvia's house?\pHey! Who are you!?

#org $after
$after 1 = I can't believe I lost to you! Boss\nwon't be happy... I'd better get out\pof here...

This script isn't the problem but I can't seem to change it to my liking.

1) I want the Grunt to say "Hmmmm... So this is Sylvia's house?" without turning to face you
2) I want him to then face you and say "Hey! Who are you!?"
3) I want a battle to start (already in)
4) After defeating the grunt I want him to say "I can't believe I lost to a kid!"
5) After the battle screen exits I want him to say "Arrghh... Boss won't be happy. I'd better get out of here..."
6) I then want the screen to flash and i want the Grunt to be gone. I also want two other Grunts to disappear from another map.

Can anyone help? Foullumps tutorial (nor IrishWitch's) mentions the above! Thanks!

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
You'll need a lock and faceplayer somewhere in that to get him to look at the player. Thats all I know.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Hmm... I'll try making the script again for you. I'm not very good yet but I know the basics.

EDIT: On second thought... I can't really see anything wrong with the script itself. XP

Years
I don't suppose anyone would be able to help me with...

#org $go
trainerbattle 1 0x15F $before $after
boxset 6
release
end

#org $before
$before 1 = Hmmmm...\nSo this is Sylvia's house?\pHey! Who are you!?

#org $after
$after 1 = I can't believe I lost to you! Boss\nwon't be happy... I'd better get out\pof here...

This script isn't the problem but I can't seem to change it to my liking.

1) I want the Grunt to say "Hmmmm... So this is Sylvia's house?" without turning to face you
2) I want him to then face you and say "Hey! Who are you!?"
3) I want a battle to start (already in)
4) After defeating the grunt I want him to say "I can't believe I lost to a kid!"
5) After the battle screen exits I want him to say "Arrghh... Boss won't be happy. I'd better get out of here..."
6) I then want the screen to flash and i want the Grunt to be gone. I also want two other Grunts to disappear from another map.

Can anyone help? Foullumps tutorial (nor IrishWitch's) mentions the above! Thanks!

Locka and faceplayer aren't the problem with your script. For all of the extra things that you want I'd say use trigger events.
That should help with the grunt looking at you at the right time. And for stuff to happen after the battle, you need to use
trainerbattle 1 0x001 $before $after $further
#org $further
message $the
boxset 6
(whatever else you wasnt to happen)
release
end

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Thanks tttt! I did everything like you said and it worked great! EXCEPT! How do I make the grunt disapear? I use setflag 0x200 and it works. but only If I leave the map. Otherwise the grunt stays where he is and if I talk to him the game crashes...:(

Years
Thanks tttt! I did everything like you said and it worked great! EXCEPT! How do I make the grunt disapear? I use setflag 0x200 and it works. but only If I leave the map. Otherwise the grunt stays where he is and if I talk to him the game crashes...:(

There are two ways in which i know that this can be done, you can either use
applymovement <people no.> $move
#org $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x60 0x(move him to a place he cant be interacted with) 0xFE

and there is this way which, I haven't tried yet. This was a way that HackMew posted in the script discussion thread.
#raw 53
#raw XX
#raw 00

Just change XX to the people number(in hex).
Just add either of these into the $further part of the script.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
So is anyone gonna help me or am I just gonna be brushed aside as usual?

to fix your script, goto advancemap and select the trigger your using, then change the var number to 50 40 (i think thats the 1st variable that fire red uses) in the unknown box above that change the number to 0300. and your all set.;)

just tested this myself and it works.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
I'll check if it works... The other results I've gotten before have been bad so I'm in a bit of doubt. I'll try though.

Last edited:

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Alright, and this coincides with my other post, is there a good tut for Diamond Cutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back