• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Project: Cursed Time

TheWanap

Developing: Pokemon: Cursed Time
Years
First I'd like to say if you're even slightly interesting about this project and want to know what's this about, I highly recommend and appreciate it if you read the whole thing even tho it's pretty long but I try to make it enjoyable to read, thanks! :)

Some foreword:
Spoiler:

Story behind the project:
So Pokemon Cursed Time was created slowly two years ago when I and one of my friend thought: "It'd be so cool if we could make a whole new own Pokemon Game!". We were already then very much into Pokemon games so we told each other many ideas and things it could have and places etc. One day I googled if there was a software that could let us make an own game and then I found RPG Maker XP and the Pokemon Essentials -starter kit. We was so hyped and started making some maps with the default graphics and they turned out pretty cool.

But after a few maps I found deviantart and took a look on other's productions and tiles and then I thought: "Why'd we use the old graphics when we can actually get new and better ones?". So we used some time finding tiles which would fit our game and style. After a couple days messing around and editing tiles we found the ones we liked and started using them. We did some routes and the starting town with them.
After some time I got truly lazy with mapping and my friend didn't have RPG Maker so he could't do any maps = he focused on the characters, fake-pokemons and a few tiles drawing by hand. Slowly the whole project kinda died and we both lost motivation and didn't put any more effort into it.

But now I think I've gained the motivation to this again.

Screens:
d4677319261319572bf98e98df6cb0f3-d7k7ti8.png

the_loracle_pond_by_thewanap-d7pi4tb.png

399a7c2b96359c071c0796e59759ed53-d7nifu4.png

Maps
Spoiler:

Story:
You see a dream, where three custom starters goes around you. Then you woke up in somebody's house (not sure yet who's) and then he/she tells you what have happened before you got asleep. A little, poor town got attacked by the Opaza grunts, and they used one of the most powerful Pokemon on earth to help them destroy and occupy the Callow region. However, your mom Azura battled bravely and powerfully with other gym leaders and elite four guys against the team Opaza and the powerful Pokemon. The rumor says that your mom was one of the greatest trainers ever was.
Then the legendary Pokemon that Opaza grunts used escaped from Opaza and settled down in a high mountain's top (Time Pillars). After that no-one has seen that Pokemon or Opaza grunts.

You begin your adventure in a town which is North-East of the Callow-region. There's an abstracted young professor, aka. Kenth, who is wearing big eyeglasses and is quite short and dressed in a big white laboratory jacket. He will help you during your journey and probably is your rival.

Features:
  • a whole new region
  • new routes, cities, towns and dungeons
  • new protagonists and gym leaders (other characters too)
  • B/W style graphics
  • mostly pokemons from B/W but maybe from older generations too
  • some fakemons (maybe)
  • B/W engine will be used (battle system too)
Credits are found somewhere in my Deviantart account.

As I mentioned before, not many routes or towns have been done yet. It would be much greater and funnier to do if we had more members working with this. So it'd mean a lot if you could somehow help with this project. Everyone who are interested can help but we're mostly looking for people who can make decent maps, tilesets/graphics, musics, characters, fan art and art overall.
I'd love to hear your opinions about this as well.

Thanks for reading if you did so! See ya! :)

Last edited:

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
This looks really interesting. The screenshots look great and the koala pokemon looks really cute. The plot sounds solid.
While I personally like gen five pokemon a lot of people will complain if they are the only real pokemon available so I would recommend including some older options.
Also the map could be a lot smaller as most of the map is not actually the route. Just keep this in mind for future maps as it is not a major problem.

Overall, keep up the good work!

TheWanap

Years
This looks really interesting. The screenshots look great and the koala pokemon looks really cute. The plot sounds solid.
While I personally like gen five pokemon a lot of people will complain if they are the only real pokemon available so I would recommend including some older options.
Also the map could be a lot smaller as most of the map is not actually the route. Just keep this in mind for future maps as it is not a major problem.

Overall, keep up the good work!

thanks for the reply, I try to keep that in mind. :) (that map was supposed to be the first route but I'm working on a new one)
about the pokedex: I think I'm gonna include all the previous pokemons except X/Y ones (because we're using B/W battle engine and X/Y pokemons are animated in a different way and imo they dont really fit in this game blahblah) and then some own. For example: the starters and some very basic pokemons are made by me and my friend. Actually many fakemons are drawn by hand, I just haven't done those to pixels yet. :/

btw I need some help mapping indoor maps, if anyone wants to help it'd be great.. :(

TheWanap

Years
New screen:
prof__kenth_waits_inside_with_a_big_surprise___by_thewanap-d8xl941.png

Here you can see professor Kenth's laboratory which still needs some edit and the female protagonist I made . :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
The graphics are quite nice... how many Pokemon are you planning to have in this hack (real + fakemon)?

TheWanap

Years
The graphics are quite nice... how many Pokemon are you planning to have in this hack (real + fakemon)?

the thing is that we have like almost 20 fakemom my friend has made but because we're using the BW battle engine we need to animate them. There's one guy in dA who makes animation -commissions so he will animate at least our starters and then we'll see how much it's going to cost and can he make the other fakemon animations. We havent kinda decided the full pokedex yet because of that. :/

Back