• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
Years
I want to get it so that you play one person in an army(dont know yet) but you go through the war and your squad(The players) are the only living squad to live out of your unit... DONT know what army to do though...

As for the strangly edited KotOR one, you arnt the heros, You play a side role that alters the rest of the game... If you dont know much about the game then that is what the cool scroll up thing is for.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Kay.

But what will be the setting be like..? Fictional thingie..? Coz i'm much more into COD and stuff so i thought in that sense or likewise.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
Years
Uh, maybe something along the lines of COD WaW, but there is a large gap of time between the Russian campain levels(even if dates seam wrong.) So maybe something along the lines of Russian campain; what happens while your gone, Thingy... ugh... To much thinking without making a Prolude...

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

King!

better
Years
Hi PC!

Well, I've never RP'ed here in ORP before, but a while back I had an idea. Why hasn't there been a Harry POtter RP?

I'm working on one right now, but I need something to make it diverse...I had a few ideas....

Setting: 30 years after Voldemort's downfall, at Hogwarts, of course.
I was thinking of having twelve RP'ers, three in each house. Of course, all the characters besides Neville, who teachs Herbology, and maybe Binns, who is dead and cannot retire, are different. There'd be Quidditch, the better the post, the better your score. Classes are included....

The twelve Hogwarts classes are:

Herbology
Ancient Runes
Astronomy
Arithmancy
Charms
Potions
Care of Magical Creatures
Transfiguration
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Divination
History of Magic
and Muggle Studies.

I would take out Arithmancy, Divination, Ancient Runes, and Astronomy, due to lack iof knowledge.

I would probably merge Potions and Traansfiguration, and make Uses of Magic, and another class called The Magical World, where everything else is covered. So....

Herbology
Care of Magical Creatures
Magical World
Muggle Studies
Uses of Magic
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
History of Magic

Each person would take four classes, probably, but could pick more.

House Points given for completing homework, good posts, and other things.

Now, to make it more interesting, there could maybe be a Twelvwizard Tournament, instead of Triwizard, where three members of each house, reandomly chosen, do tasks?

What do you think of ideas? And, if possible, would you like to help by being a teacher or Head of house?

PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Spoiler:

well, that does sound like a rather interesting concept, although it might be pretty hard to pull off... (i've had really bad luck when it comes to school-life rp's >3>)

anyways... if [after working more on the concept] you do post this up, i'd be more than happy of joining it :D

i'd recommend putting in duels as well :bandit:

King!

better
Years
OKay, cool. And yeah, duels aer good. I'm thinking maybe the better the posts, the more skill your chracter has, and the more effective their spells, maybe?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
So. I've been thinking.

All the RPs have some sort of adventure carried with each of them; be it school life, as in the examples above, a journey to defeat evil, or a challenge of some sort, such as a contest. I can't recall any non-adventure-based RP recently. But, I have a somewhat interesting concept, different in basic nature.

What if the sole purpose of the RP was to develop your characters? Sure, you make a character for an RP, and usually not the other way around... but the possibilities are endless. I'm not ruling out adventure as part of the RP, nor dictating that character development doesn't happen in adventure RPs; I merely propose a shift of focus. This might even make people interested in their character more, and therefore extending the lifespan of an RP.

This is an interest post. Character development RP? Yes/No. And I'd like to write, if there were enough people, assorted things (and a brand new world if so desired) for it.

Post scriptum: Dibs on the idea, mmkay?

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
Okay, so, this is regarding my RP idea a couple posts above.

I need someone who is willing to help me with it...or, three peoples to be exact. You need to know and like Harry Potter, and you have to be active and responsible. More details will be given to anyone who wants to help!

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
I am planning to make a Persona RP, based on the popular game by Shin Megami Tensei.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Hey there PC role players and fellow lurkers =3

I'm fairly new to roleplayin' and shnazz, but have had a lot of fun wiht my experiences so far... but, I have entertained ideas of being an rp runner rather than "just" one of the role players. How would a run-of-the-mill fantasy rp sound, set in a lawless "wild west" sorta place? So far in this section I've just seen franchise based roleplays although I wouldn't mind a kirby one..., and have wanted to try something different. You think this would go over well?

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Hey there PC role players and fellow lurkers =3

I'm fairly new to roleplayin' and shnazz, but have had a lot of fun wiht my experiences so far... but, I have entertained ideas of being an rp runner rather than "just" one of the role players. How would a run-of-the-mill fantasy rp sound, set in a lawless "wild west" sorta place? So far in this section I've just seen franchise based roleplays although I wouldn't mind a kirby one..., and have wanted to try something different. You think this would go over well?

I'm cool with non-franchise roleplays because I have no interest in Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever they have going on down there. On the other hand, I'm not too savvy with historical roleplays. The Wild West wasn't taught in my history courses so I know next to nothing about it. You certainly don't want some doofus to put their character in a Japanese kimono and plastic eating utensils. You'd need to give the players a rundown of the historical setting and expectations.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
I'm cool with non-franchise roleplays because I have no interest in Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever they have going on down there. On the other hand, I'm not too savvy with historical roleplays. The Wild West wasn't taught in my history courses so I know next to nothing about it. You certainly don't want some doofus to put their character in a Japanese kimono and plastic eating utensils. You'd need to give the players a rundown of the historical setting and expectations.

Well, I suppose that wasn't the best wording to use on my part...
I didn't really mean like set in the wild west ^^;
I meant that it was more like a lawless frontier setting xD

Lol but yeah, glad to see someone responded to the idea ^^

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
In that case, OMG yes! Lawless frontier all the way. Even better if it's set in an unexplored, densely forested alien planet. >3< But maybe I'm asking for too much.

Years
Would anyone seem interested in a Harry Potter RP that would go from years 1-7? Your character would basically be in Harry's year, so they would experience many things Harry would (such as the troll in the first book, the Triwizard Tournament in the fourth book, etc.) only it would be told from your character's POV. Obviously things would be exactly like Harry Potter, because your character wouldn't be there for some instances (seeing Sirius Black in the third book, battling Death Eaters in the fifth, etc.) So...does that interest anyone? I was thinking of making it a One on One RP, simply because of the length.

King!

better
Years
I tried to make a Harry Potter one, and it was so much work that I kind of gave up on the idea. However, this idea wasn't ariound Harry's time, so your idea might be a lot easier to carry out. Overall, I'd say go for it.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I think it sounds awesome Fen, but you know how much I like Harry P...
xD

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Would anyone seem interested in a Harry Potter RP that would go from years 1-7? Your character would basically be in Harry's year, so they would experience many things Harry would (such as the troll in the first book, the Triwizard Tournament in the fourth book, etc.) only it would be told from your character's POV. Obviously things would be exactly like Harry Potter, because your character wouldn't be there for some instances (seeing Sirius Black in the third book, battling Death Eaters in the fifth, etc.) So...does that interest anyone? I was thinking of making it a One on One RP, simply because of the length.

So it would be like the books, but minus all of the action? Aside from hanging out with wizards, what do the characters get to do?

Years
Luigi-a: I know, you adore HP XD

Rabbit: I wouldn't say all of the action necessarily. Your character could still be on the Quidditch team (should they tryout), they would experience when the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts, stuff like that. I was also thinking that maybe closer to the 5th year, your characters can befriend Harry and go on some of his adventures. Not all, just a couple like going to the Ministry and battling the Death Eaters...Just to add a bit more to the RP.

I could also incorporate a reason for the character's family/themselves to be on the hitlist as well. Or I guess I could just have a completely new time, make a new Dark Wizard, and make the two characters (or more, if I don't do a one on one) the main heroes. I was just thinking it would be a bit easier to do to make it in Harry's time, only telling from different POVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back