The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:50 AM
DoCNL

Hmm... It works better now, thanks a lot for the dynamic scripting explenation!~

But now when the flag isn't set and I pass the tile, the game freezes (sound still continues to roll). However when the flag is set, it works fine (it lets me pass without stopping or so).

How should I fix this? :o
Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:04 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCNL View Post
Hmm... It works better now, thanks a lot for the dynamic scripting explenation!~

But now when the flag isn't set and I pass the tile, the game freezes (sound still continues to roll). However when the flag is set, it works fine (it lets me pass without stopping or so).

How should I fix this? :o
Can you post the script you compiled? And did you include an "end" command after the "goto" part in the beginning of the script like I said in my post?
Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
DoCNL

Never mind, i used variables instead of flags now (thanks to Magic for showing me an info post).
This works fine now

Also, I have an advance map related question, mind if I ask that too?

If yes, here it is, else I'll remove it in a bit
Quote:
Whenever I make a new map and insert it, it's called LITTLEROOT TOWN by default, even though when I clicked "Create new map" i gave it the name "Newbore Town" ;O
This means that it can't be renamed without renaming the original LITTLEROOT TOWN too, which is quite annoying haha.
Edit 2:
Do you have steam?
It's easier to talk there :D

Last edited by DoCNL; May 24th, 2014 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Removed script, got it working with vars instead of flags :)
Old June 1st, 2014, 07:14 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Thanks for the tut & for still being around. Anyway I ran into an error, I wanted to make a new trainer battle & have him give u a badge & item then move. Then when I tried to debug it I got this error

Quote:
"Too less parameters on line 27. The correct number is 3"
I don't know what they mean. I'm re-learning how to script.
Anyway here is the script can you/some1 else help me fix it:

Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
textcolor 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x5 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @7 0x6
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before
= Show me what you got!

#org @after
= Hmmm, not bad.

#org @later
msgbox @3 0x6
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @4 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @5 0x6
giveitem 0x147 0x1
setflag 0x820
msgbox @6 0x6
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x5 @move2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x200
setvar 0x4011 0x1
release
end

#org @2
= Light: ok let me double check the\nlist.\l...

#org @3
= Light: I found this after I beat a\nmember of Team Dark some time ago.\lI don't know what it is but I\lthink it may help out.

#org @4
= \v\h01 recieved a shadow badge!

#org @5
= Light: Oh, and please take this\nas well.

#org @6
= Light: Good job. I'm going to\nfinish getting the snacks. The\lmeeting place is in a secret\lplace thanks to Ryuaski. So I'll\lmeet you there.

#org @7
= Lght: Hello. You must be Red. I'm\ngetting snacks for the meeting.\lLets battle and see what you got.

#org @move1
#raw 0x62 0xA 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old June 1st, 2014, 07:51 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
Thanks for the tut & for still being around. Anyway I ran into an error, I wanted to make a new trainer battle & have him give u a badge & item then move. Then when I tried to debug it I got this error

I don't know what they mean. I'm re-learning how to script.
Anyway here is the script can you/some1 else help me fix it:

Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
textcolor 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x5 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @7 0x6
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before
= Show me what you got!

#org @after
= Hmmm, not bad.

#org @later
msgbox @3 0x6
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @4 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @5 0x6
giveitem 0x147 0x1
setflag 0x820
msgbox @6 0x6
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x5 @move2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x200
setvar 0x4011 0x1
release
end

#org @2
= Light: ok let me double check the\nlist.\l...

#org @3
= Light: I found this after I beat a\nmember of Team Dark some time ago.\lI don't know what it is but I\lthink it may help out.

#org @4
= \v\h01 recieved a shadow badge!

#org @5
= Light: Oh, and please take this\nas well.

#org @6
= Light: Good job. I'm going to\nfinish getting the snacks. The\lmeeting place is in a secret\lplace thanks to Ryuaski. So I'll\lmeet you there.

#org @7
= Lght: Hello. You must be Red. I'm\ngetting snacks for the meeting.\lLets battle and see what you got.

#org @move1
#raw 0x62 0xA 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE
You forgot what type of message will appear after the player receives the item.
From what I can see, it looks like an NPC will give them player an item, so...
Code:
giveitem 0x147 0x1 msg_obtain
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:19 PM
qaz015393

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
You forgot what type of message will appear after the player receives the item.
From what I can see, it looks like an NPC will give them player an item, so...
Code:
giveitem 0x147 0x1 msg_obtain

Thanks for the help man. That worked now it works [from what I see. Im not insert it in my rom yet].

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

Old June 12th, 2014, 10:18 AM
pokemaniaco

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but here it goes...

I'm having problems with the script boxes (you step on the tile and the script happens).

The script (let's call script X) happens with no problems whatsoever in a building, if I put a level script (script Y).

But where there isn't any level script (no script Y), such as cities, when stepping on the tile with the script X, one of the two things happen:
1. The game freezes
2. The script doesn't happen

I've followed the tutorial in levelscripts according to the ones in pokecommunity.

My question is, how to make scripts work without using level scripts?

I think the problem is with setvar, but if you could give me some kind of tutorial, I would be more than happy.

Thanks in advance ;)
Old June 15th, 2014, 10:33 PM
qaz015393

I'm wondering how in the intro for fire red, how i can start off in the home town and make a battle script where the player losses and then after that it fades into another scene in a lab where some story occurs. Then the player walks out [to be clear I wanted to have the player sprite to be hidden then show up when it needs to. Do I need to have the hide sprite near the beginning of the script then have the show sprite later when i want it?].

Now is there something different that needs to happen in the beginning battle script for the player to lose so all that intro story can only happen once.

And how can the hero sprites appear at the right time and be the right gender.

Im asking this bc like in R/E/S when u pick brandon and may is your rival. I wanted to make the same script so when u pick a gender the story is played as that hero and the other 1 is a rival. I would like to know how that works. Is there something else adding so the Ow sprite and trainer sprite is changed when 1 gender is picked.

Old 4 Weeks Ago, 11:38 PM
KillerKrabs

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to KillerKrabs
Total noob here. I cleared out the memory of FR using an external tool. It's supposed to delete all non-essential memory so you can start from scratch on a game and only have the original maps as a reference.

The only problem I've ran into so far is that when I lose a battle, I warp to some weird-ass building and I'm stuck walking around a closed off room. I think it's the top left corner of Safron's gym.

I launched the unedited FR and tested what what happen if I lost. I warped back to what appeared to be the "mom's" house as a death point. What she said didn't match up with anything in the original FR scrips, so I'm very confused and don't have a reference to even see what makes you warp there upon losing a battle. How do I get this back in my hacked ROM, or set another death point?

Last edited by KillerKrabs; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:46 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 03:23 PM
NeoGBA

Hi. In a lot of pokemon games (such as firered) Your rival just walks up to you and has a battle if you step on a certain spot. How would a script like this look? Could you give me an example of one?
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 10:39 AM
JosefigGaming

Hey, I've been wondering, I saw a tutorial on Youtube about a year ago, where you could basiclly change the sprite of the hero
The video has been deleted though
The video was on PokeScript, no ASM required, FireRed as base and it was on a script tile
He switched from Red to a Rocket Grunt
The Youtuber was PurpleSonik418
Even if you don't know how to do it, it would be great if you had a Rom base with that
Wiht would truly make my day
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:04 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
Hey i really loved your tutorial. Because of your tutorial one of my friend is now good in scripting. I have also read your tutorial it helped me a lot really thank you.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 07:51 AM
PokemonTrainerRobert

Much I am really, really new to scripting as well to this whole hacking thing. Much your script tutorial helps and all. There some things I don't quite understand : / Now not sure if this has been explained or not...

For example exactly how do you insert, the script codes. Into Advancemap 1.92 onto like say a Sprite? Like a NPC who will give a regular message or statement...How will I be able to insert it into the game? Cause after putting the script in...and then reopen the NPC script...it disappears. Am I doing something wrong [and sorry, I don't know how to take screen shots off from desktop : / ]

Old 1 Week Ago, 11:33 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerRobert View Post
Much I am really, really new to scripting as well to this whole hacking thing. Much your script tutorial helps and all. There some things I don't quite understand : / Now not sure if this has been explained or not...

For example exactly how do you insert, the script codes. Into Advancemap 1.92 onto like say a Sprite? Like a NPC who will give a regular message or statement...How will I be able to insert it into the game? Cause after putting the script in...and then reopen the NPC script...it disappears. Am I doing something wrong [and sorry, I don't know how to take screen shots off from desktop : / ]
I have a tutorial for that ~> clicky
Old 1 Week Ago, 01:34 AM
PokemonTrainerRobert

Ah thank you very kindly destinedjagold ^ ^

Old 1 Week Ago, 07:14 AM
xX Untouchable Xx
Everything Is Awesome!

This should be stickied.

Great tutorial - I love it! Very helpful indeed.
Old 6 Days Ago, 01:25 PM
stephenbrook

Very helpful indeed. IO have scripted a battle with mew in pallet town as a test, it all worked except when I caught the mew it didn't obey me.

Is there a code for an obeying mew?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links