• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Thank you Dr.Fuji... the sprite now hides...

however the naming thing didn't work, so I'll need to look into that more. (if anyone has a clue on how to fix it, just PM me...)

in the mean time I have another question.

Is there a way to give a pokemon a nickname before I give it to the player? (Like when you trade a pokemon from one person to another, and the received pokemon already has a nickname.) or give it any special qualities, like a special move or something like that?

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
hi i have this road closed script but the person wont disappear when he should

here is the pksv script plz help plz

Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lockall
checktrainerflag 0x1021
if 0x1 jump @open
message @text
showmsg
waitbutton
releaseall
end

#org @text
= I'm sorry, the road is closed\nuntil You beat pure gym

#org @open
message @opentxt
showmsg
waitbutton
fadescreen 3
closemsg
disappear 0x1
setflag 0x1021
fadescreen 2
releaseall
end
#org @opentxt
= I'm sorry, th-\pOh right!\nYou beat pure gym

Years
hi i have this road closed script but the person wont disappear when he should

here is the pksv script plz help plz

Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lockall
checktrainerflag 0x1021
if 0x1 jump @open
message @text
showmsg
waitbutton
releaseall
end

#org @text
= I'm sorry, the road is closed\nuntil You beat pure gym

#org @open
message @opentxt
showmsg
waitbutton
fadescreen 3
closemsg
[COLOR=Red]disappear 0x1[/COLOR]
setflag 0x1021
fadescreen 2
releaseall
end
#org @opentxt
= I'm sorry, th-\pOh right!\nYou beat pure gym
Why don't you try replacing disappear 0x1 with the setflag command? Just assign a flag to the Person ID and the same with the setflag command. Maybe that would work?

Last edited:

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
what are some unused flags for ruby and and flags that will let me use the road closed script ?

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
i got this far in the script what do i do now (yes some comands are wrong like it says ****ing ship but they will get changed for the real comand) if this helps its for a boat

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
why was my post deleted?

im having trouble understanding the "compare LASTRESULT" command and what it does can somebody help me understand how to use it?

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
earthquake effect in FR

cant seem to get it to work

the command is special 0x136

and according to diegoisawesome we need to include either of these vars b4 the special
setvar 0x8004 0xF
setvar 0x8005 0xF
setvar 0x8006 0xF
setvar 0x8007 0xFWhat does the F stand for?

do we also need to include the waitstate command for earthquakes after the special.

some clarification would be greatly appreciated

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
earthquake effect in FR

cant seem to get it to work

the command is special 0x136

and according to diegoisawesome we need to include either of these vars b4 the special
setvar 0x8004 0xF
setvar 0x8005 0xF
setvar 0x8006 0xF
setvar 0x8007 0xFWhat does the F stand for?

do we also need to include the waitstate command for earthquakes after the special.

some clarification would be greatly appreciated

The F tells the game how large the earthquake is (in terms of the screen shaking violently) on a scale from 0 to F (15). By setting all of the variables used to 0xF you're going to have a very strong earthquake. Here is an example of a smaller earthquake that is used in an untouched FR game:
Code:
setvar 0x8004 0x1
setvar 0x8005 0x1
setvar 0x8006 0x8
setvar 0x8007 0x3
special 0x136
pause 0x3C

As for the waitstate, I've never tried it after the earthquake, but the pause command works well if you time it correctly.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hide sprite Command

How do we make a sprite permanently disappear?

I made an event where a Pokemon passes you and
stated the following

#Dynamic 0x1629CD

#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @hey!
lock
applymovement 0xFF @you
waitmovement 0xFF
applymovement 0x01 @back
waitmovement 0x01
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox @talk 0x6
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x01
setflag 0x201
release
end

script works fine the problem is when I enter a building and go back out the sprite returns to its original position.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How do we make a sprite permanently disappear?

I made an event where a Pokemon passes you and
stated the following

#Dynamic 0x1629CD

#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @hey!
lock
applymovement 0xFF @you
waitmovement 0xFF
applymovement 0x01 @back
waitmovement 0x01
fadescreen 0x1
msgbox @talk 0x6
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x01
setflag 0x201
release
end

script works fine the problem is when I enter a building and go back out the sprite returns to its original position.

You need to put a flag which was set in the script (in this case - 201) in the 'Person ID' field in Advance Map.

Years
why was my post deleted?

im having trouble understanding the "compare LASTRESULT" command and what it does can somebody help me understand how to use it?
The compare lastresult command is used to check for an input by the player and then decide on the further continuation of the script.

I'm quoting an exact example from diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial. (Too lazy to write a script myself :P )
Spoiler:
Code:
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
At this part of the script, a dialogue box will appear for the player with the message "Hello.Sorry to trouble you. I can't take care of my Charmander.Can you take care of it for me?" along with the option of a 'Yes' and a 'No'.

If the option is 0x1 i.e., a 'Yes' it will proceed to the next part of the script and hand over a Pokemon. If the option is 0x0 i.e., a 'No', the script shall end there.

That is what compare lastresult command is all about.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Scripts Deleting itself

Scripts deleting itself

Well I have a small problem

Sometime some talking scripts I make for my hack deletes itself.

For instance today I made 7 normal talking scripts. CHecked them all working fine.
3 hours later when i rechecked it only 6 were working

when i tried to reopen the non working script it was empty?

could this be a bug?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
i cant get this script to stop freezing its a script block and my story line for my rom hack is you talk to your mom and she tells you "tomorrow is a long day go to sleep" and if you try and go out of the house without going to sleep its supposed to make your mom tell you "what are you still doing up go to sleep and make your charecter walk away from the door way. but it keeps freezing

#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
checkflag 0x8C3
if 0x0 goto @sleepy
end

#org @sleepy
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @speak
boxset 0x06
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @speak
=talk talk talk talk

#org @movement
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0xFE

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
in A-map go to the script tile and put 0300 in unknown
and 4050 below it in var number. (below the unkown box)

should work now

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
that worked like a charm but can you explain the whole setvar and unkown thing and why my script worked after i did that?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
that worked like a charm but can you explain the whole setvar and unkown thing and why my script worked after i did that?

I'll explain :)

A variable is just a simple number - there are quite a few variables that have not been used in the original game and those are the ones you should use for your scripts. You should not use 4050 over and over again, but you should use different variables for each script - I recommend writing down the ones you use and just keep going forward (i.e. next variable is 4051).

All unused variables in the game are set to 0 to start with. In order to change the number a variable is set to, you use the setvar command (setvar stands for set variable).

The most important things are the Var Number and Var Value boxes in A-Map. For instance, if you put 4050 as the var Number and 0000 as the Var Value for a script, that script will only activate when stepped on if variable number 4050 is set to the value 0. Since all variables are automatically set to 0 at the start of the game, the script will activate the first time you step on it, presuming you do not change the variable before hand in any other script.

In order to prevent the script from running again, you just need to set the variable to something other than the Var Value you have given the script - the best number being the next in sequence.

So, in a script you would want to happen only the first time it is stepped on, and not again, you would write "setvar 0x4050 0x1" - this would set the value of variable 4050 to 0001. Since it is set to 0001, it will not activate the next time it is stepped on, because you have told the script in A-Map to only activate when variable 4050 is set to 0.

The reason you don't want to use 4050 or any other variable over and over again for different scripts, is because you'll likely be changing the variable's value - the only reason the scripts should share the same variable number is if they are somehow related to or dependent on each other, like if one script should only activate once another script has been completed.

I hope all that makes sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back