• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
This is so awesome !!!

I can't wait till it's done may take some time but i'll wait ...
patiently ....
untill i go crazy !!!

darkraigod

All righty then!
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
???

This looks good but when will there be a download 4 the game.if so thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Wow! what can I say? A lot of cool things in this project:) keep up with your great work;]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Luka went on holiday and should be back by the end od the week. As forme, I'm busy with Pokemon Essentials : Online.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
was wondering why the support codes dont lead to this thread but oh well mine does since i added the extra code thing

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
i meant that the code that was given at front of the thread (first post) at least for me didnt show the whole code for the support blue chrome image that when u click it in yur sig it lead to the first post of the thread but it doesnt matter anyways cuz i jsut put it in manually.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Well I'm back and I do have updates to show you guys. Game Development was going swiftly and the first thing I'm announcing today is the Hygene System. I've finally completed it and it is fully functional. At the bottom screen there is a little arrow. When you hover over that arrow with your mouse, the bottom screen turns into a HUD that shows the status of your conditions. If hunger or energy reaches 0 you will be transported to the nearest Pokemon Centre for recovery. The bad thing about that is that you loose popularity points and time if you were questing on routes.
capture003.png
capture006.png

capture004.png
capture005t.png

Now the next part to this update is the announcing the new feature of Boss Battles. The Boss Battle are wild Pokemon battles including either highly leveled or evolved or even legendaries that will be fought in Trainer Battle conditions. This means that they won't be available for capture and you won't be able to run away from them.
capture015.png
capture014.png

Now the next part I won't explain in details but it's a modification of the Regigigas event. Here are some screenshots.
capture012.png
capture016.png
capture013.png
capture008.png

capture009p.png

Then I saw that many people are doing games in HG SS style so I thought why not give it a go. This was made thanks to Kyledove's amazing new tiles (and it took me forever to make an autotile out of his dirt path). And the little headbutt trees are my revamps.
capture000m.png

And for the end here are just some basic screenshots.
capture007.png
capture011l.png
capture002l.png

The first image is the portal to the Torn World from the Turnback Cave. The second one is a battle between my favorite Pokemon. And the last one is a battle during night against the name supplied Rival.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Wow, those look really good, the hygiene factor is very interesting.
I love the ideas that you have for the events.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Everything looks great Luka!

Though I have to wonder at the dual-screen nature of the game... It really seems pointless in a game played on the PC, where you could feasibly interact with the entire screen.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Its good to see you back, with development continuing.
Everything looks great Luka!

Though I have to wonder at the dual-screen nature of the game... It really seems pointless in a game played on the PC, where you could feasibly interact with the entire screen.
Its more for the fucntionality rather than the interaction, but no doubt Luka has some ricks up his sleeves for it :D

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Yeah...it might seem pointless, but I'm trying to make this game more unique. Plus the dual screen has enabled many new possibilities and functions. I think it's good to space out things over two screens rather than cramming them all into one.

I've also changed the userbars. The new ones look better.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Will you have your own hero or are you just using the platinum one?

If I can get a decent spriter I have no intensions in keeping the original hero, personally I don't like the hero from D/P/Pt. But if I can't find a good spriter I'm afraid that I'll keep those since I'm bad at spriting.

Anyways...I've been working on a title screen today, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it at this moment, so I'm posting it for some feedback.
capture018c.png
capture019.png

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Keep the dual screen idea, it is a neat feature that I would like to see other games adopt if they could (I would if Rm2k3 could).
I would like to see some more interesting uses out of the bottom "screen" (or half) rather then just menu uses.
Why not make some maps where it extends down to the bottom. Something like a cave map.
Rather then have it boring, come up with something neat for it and that would make it unique.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Not bad :) I have some suggestions, though.

Firstly, you're using loads of resized battlers; I guess this is to fit them within the 64x64 box. However, I think that instead of doing that, you should resize your resolution to DS resolution rather than GBA resolution. Although it will take a while to adjust everything, it will really make it look better.
Second, you spelled 'hygiene' wrong :P
And finally, the title screen looks great. The only thing I don't like is the 'Touch to Start' text. Pixel fonts never look good when resized; either use the font at a multiple of the intended size, or choose a vector font instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back