• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
I actually read somewhere that even if you do that it's impossible to get a shiny R/Z in BW...
What's a good place to hatch eggs in Unova?
Also is their a place in White where you can get a member of the Bagon line? What about Driniti? ect. I'm trying to get a the pseudo legendaries ^_^

Yeah, Reshiram and Zekrom will be hacks if they are shiny.
Some have stated that Dream World may be where shiny legends can be gotten.
Truth of which has yet to be seen...

Skyarrow Bridge, for egg hatching

Bagon, White Forest

I got a Dragonair from Super Rod fishing on the way to Undella. Route 13?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yeah, Reshiram and Zekrom will be hacks if they are shiny.
Some have stated that Dream World may be where shiny legends can be gotten.
Truth of which has yet to be seen...

Skyarrow Bridge, for egg hatching

Bagon, White Forest

I got a Dragonair from Super Rod fishing on the way to Undella. Route 13?

You can get a shiny R/Z by having a full party and PC when you battle them the first time. The game won't make you catch them and you can battle them again in Dragonspiral tower where they can be shiny.

You can also hatch eggs easily at the Battle Subway as you can go around and around infinitely.

Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite can be found at Dragonspiral Tower by fishing in the fishing spots.

iamdragon

The slave becomes the master
Years
just need to know if an event celebi can only be used to get one Zorua? as in if i trade to another game can they get the Zorua with the celebi i used?

thanks

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
just need to know if an event celebi can only be used to get one Zorua? as in if i trade to another game can they get the Zorua with the celebi i used?

thanks

Actually, an event celebi can only be used once.

Your "another game" will have to get 'that' Zorua by Relocator using a Celebi from a Sinnoh game or HGSS.

Zorua is always male when obtained from that Castelia encounter.
Zorua males can daycare with a DITTO to make Zorua eggs.

Ditto can be caught from Giant Chasm, late game, after E4 defeated.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2012
Just read a guide on evs and im a tad confused whats the maximum Ev points i can share across all stats?

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Just read a guide on evs and im a tad confused whats the maximum Ev points i can share across all stats?

Five-hundred and ten (510) across all stats.

Two-hundred and fifty-five (255) is the most one stat can take.

255 x two stats = 510

Two-hundred and fifty-two (252) is a commonly used maximum for one or two stats. The remaining six points are often trained as a four point in a stat with the leftover two points going "anywhere".

252 + 252 = 504 ... six to go...

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
Years
Well, I'm trying to hatch a shhiny Heatmor via Masuda method. I would like to know if it's easier to get loads of eggs and then hatch them one by one or get and hatch eggs as they come?

I would be grateful for a response. :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Well, I'm trying to hatch a shhiny Heatmor via Masuda method. I would like to know if it's easier to get loads of eggs and then hatch them one by one or get and hatch eggs as they come?

Probably hatch eggs as they come because while you waiting for the other eggs to be made you are hatching the others.

Years

I generally run around in front of the Day Care. I run around there till I get a full set of eggs, and release any that hatch that aren't what I want. Once I have a full pkmn inventory I go to Sky Arrow Bridge, run along there, and then deal w/ the hatches after. Shiny farming shouldn't be too hard, I'd say stick around the front of the Day Care and just release or store all the non-shinys.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My brother and I are trying to use the Entralink, but we don't know what to do.
So, how do I use Entralink?

Go to Wireless in your C-Gear, then Entralink for the person that wants to go into the others' world. The other should just stay in the overworld. You'll be ported into an Entralink-specific area and it will give you plenty of instructions from there.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
Is the RNG not so random?

Why does the random number generator seem so unrandom? Believe me. I've tested this on emulators using save stats and have encountered some very strange things. It almost seems like certain things are pre-determined.

For example, if I set a save state to before I select a move that ends up missing, no matter how many times I reload that state and select that move, it'll miss every time. It's just for that move. I can still select other moves and they'll hit like normal. You'd think the RNG would determine the success or fail AFTER you select the move and it generates the number, not BEFORE you even pick your move.

Same with Pokeballs. You'd think the number (that determines success) would be generated AFTER you actually throw the ball out. But - like missed moves - no matter how many times I reload a previous save (before I even choose a pokeball) the ball will fail every, single time.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
As with most previous Pokemon games, the RNG uses the current time to generate random numbers.

So if you save state and go back to a previous save state, you are using the exact same time to calculate the random number as the last time you tried.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
As with most previous Pokemon games, the RNG uses the current time to generate random numbers.

So if you save state and go back to a previous save state, you are using the exact same time to calculate the random number as the last time you tried.
Ah. That makes more sense then. Has there been any Gen V RPG abuse guides created yet? I haven't been able to figure anything out yet.

ShinyBurakki

Likes to use Dark Pulse...
Years
I want to trade my male Haunter over to White, when I get it, but I dont want it to become a Gengar... If he is lvl. 100 when I trade him, will he still evolve?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I want to trade my male Haunter over to White, when I get it, but I dont want it to become a Gengar... If he is lvl. 100 when I trade him, will he still evolve?

When sending Pokemon from DPPT/HGSS, there not being traded, their being transfered, so it won't evolve.

Yes your Haunter will evolve at Level 100 when traded.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

You might want to attach an everstone too just in case, which will definately prevent evolution.

Years
forest?

My gf has black and I have white. Can I take people from my girlfriends black city if she has never been there?. I have gone into her game using the link thing but how do I meet people from her city and get people to leave her city?

could you pm me the answer please in case I lose this post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back