• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR/LG] Title Screen Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Well.. that means your picture is too big ^^
UnLZ-GBA auto-aborts because a picture wich is too large can f*ck up your ROM.
But.. when you want, you can un-check the checkbox for auto-aborting..

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2009
Ok I unchecked that auto-abort thing...and click write to rom but it still doesn't work ? It still shows the original intro on the game.

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
...?

Um, my ROM, in UnLZ, doesn't have the Charizard..
Also, when I save something, the pallete gets all warped.

seb

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2007
Hi im new to rom moding and this was the best site i could find i was trying this tut but u lost me at the recolouring bit could some one please help me and make me a deoxys one in his fire red form and text that says POKEMON Virus version

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2007
I just tried this tut in FR, because I restarted development of my hack and changed codebase, so I thought I will show here one finished titlescreen as a thank-you to D-Trogh for finding this tut.

So you can change the title text in the same way?

ShadowScizor

Hacker In training...
Years
Title screen problem...

I have a problem with my title screen and I didn't even mess with it..

Attachments

• hack title screen.PNG
    hack title screen.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 242

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Can anyone tell me how to pallete edit the title screen cause i tried but had know idea what to, i even used palette viewer but no luck thanks

Unown Trainer

Determine Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
problem

Ok this is my MapTile of Luxray:

4y9rqz5.png

I try to import it and this came up:

624l1jk.png

What should i do??

This is my first MapTile

if i didnt do it right can some one do it for me with this sprite
from pokemonelite2000

thank you

Last edited:

darkmc21

Presenting: Lucario Legends
Years
I don't know I would be allowed to help, but, Unown Trainer, it looks as if you saved your image as a .jpg, from my experience, saving as a .png gives better unLZ compatability.

Unown Trainer

Determine Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
lol didnt see dat

I don't know I would be allowed to help, but, Unown Trainer, it looks as if you saved your image as a .jpg, from my experience, saving as a .png gives better unLZ compatability.

oo yea lol i didnt see that

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
Years
I have a problem with my title screen and I didn't even mess with it..

It's because you used different shades than the original black and white Charizard. If you use shades that are different, even slightly, then you'll get a piture like that, with splotches of bright pink and other un-wanted colors.

It's a pain, I know.

darkmc21

Presenting: Lucario Legends
Years
Can anyone tell me how to pallete edit the title screen cause i tried but had know idea what to, i even used palette viewer but no luck thanks

Again, I'm not sure if I should be posting help here, but here is how you can edit Palettes:

WHAT'S NEEDED
1: Fire Red/Leaf Green rom, I will be using Fire Red in the tutorial
2: A good Hex Editor, I will be using Hex Workshop 4.2 in the tutorial
3: Visual Boy Advance

THIS TUTORIAL IS ON HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE FR CHARIZARD!!!

Step 1: Open your FR/LG rom in VBA
Step 2: Go to Title Screen
Step 3: Click on tools and then Map Viewer in the Tools dropdown
TITLESCREEN2.png

Step 4: Click on BG1 on the left side
TITLESCREEN3.png

Step 5: Click the area to edit on the right hand side, we'll edit the area in the green circle
TITLESCREEN4.png

Step 6: Find the RGB values, we'll edit the lighter brown in the red SQUARE, as shown, the RBG values are 8 0 0
TITLESCREEN5.png

Step 7: Open up the Palette Viewer in the Tools dropdown
TITLESCREEN6.png

Step 8: Find the correct RGB values, if anything, the hardest part would be finding the correct one as there are multiple RGB values of the same value. Then the Hex offset values of it and at least 3 colors next it, the Hex values are the Red circled colors inversed, i.e. 0800 for this RGB value, the Green underline indicates other colors
TITLESCREEN7.png

Step 9: Now open up your Hex Editor, load the rom, and search for the following string: 08000B008F009300
TITLESCREEN8.png

Step 10: Say we want that brown shade, to the green background color, we go back to the palette viewer and find the background color. The offsets are 52C8, which reversed are C852, so enter that in the place of the 0800 offset
TITLESCREEN9.png

If changed, the text should go from Blue to Red
Step 11: Save and check your handiwork
TITLESCREEN10.png

If done correctly, the brown shade earlier will now be the Background Green

How do I change the title of the game?

Ok, now this will be a bit harder, as you have to draw it out.

WHAT'S NEEDED:
1: FR/LG Rom
2: unLZ-GBA
3: Image Editing Program, Paint is what I use

THIS TUTORIAL IS ALSO FOR FIRE RED!!!

Step 1: Open up your rom in unLZ-GBA select B&W, 256 Color Mode, and goto image 2009 (may change per dump)
GameTitle1.png

To get
GameTitle2.png

Step 2: Save to where you want it, edit the image to what you want in Paint, and resave.
Step 3: Upload it into unLZ-GBA with the Import button
GameTitle3.png

To get (this is the title screen of my own hack)
GameTitle4.png

Step 4: Write to your rom and load your it in VBA and check your Title Screen Title
GameTitle5.png

And there you go, that's how to change the Title of your hack

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2011
How do I change the title of the game?

Can someone please make me a background for leaf green with a jirachi on it?

Just the paint document you know, so it lies in a row like the venusaur because I'm not very good with paint.

what I have so far is this:

I tried to put a picture in the tiltle screen in the place of the venusaur as you explained and I imported and saved it but when I start the rom it looks like this (I used a Jirachi).

Last edited by a moderator:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Can someone help me and walk me through the process of chanhging the title screen!!!
THANKYOU!
Add me on msn or send me an email message if you dont have [email protected]
What do you want more then there is now ?
darkmc21 even added a part on how to change the pallete.. (although there's a tut in this same board..)

@Beertje111
This is not the place for requesting titlescreens... you have a tutorial, zo try it yourself..

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Beertje111, do not double or even tripple post. If you want to add something you forgot in your previous posts, use the Edit button, which is located on the bottom right of your post.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2010
Error

How do i fix the
Error: The image is not Indexed
error that pops up when i try to import

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back