• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I still think we're going to get a Hoenn remake, so I would expect not as much Hoenn-native Pokemon (particularly Makuhita). But, looking at the list of Pokemon by availability, there really aren't many families of Pokemon that aren't already available in Black and White alone (and that's not really taking White Forest into consideration).

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
My fingers are crossed that Zubat will not have a place in this game. :'(

just because you spoke it up, it probably will happen! lol I saw Eevee on one of the scans so I'm wondering if someone will offer an Eevee or will they have something like the trophy garden....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I won't be surprised.
Maybe trade Luvdisc with a new item to another B/W2 game or even a Hoenn Sequel to evolve into Alomomola?

There's more than just Alomomola and Luvdisc that people feel are "related" (Tauros/Bouffalant etc), so thus merged with the Pokemon in B2W2 thread, since this is really the best place it fits, since this is a catch-all for what Pokemon you think will be in B2W2 and why.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I really doubt they will connect those two...they should have saved it for the post dex if there was to be a connection and have made that connection in the originals...I feel that it's simply too late now...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Game Freak knew what they were doing when they modeled Bouffalant/Tauros and Alomomola/Luvdisc the way they did, they didn't just forget that the previous Pokemon existed. I don't think they ever intended for evolution lines to be connected, as they don't look like 'evolutions', just similar.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Luvdisc sucks on purpose to prove that heart is a lame power. Luvdisc might get an evolution in the future, but his stats would stay the same. Why? Cuz Luvdisc! That's why!

Alomomola is not amused by your wild accusation that Luvdisc looks similar to her highness.

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
I don't get how they would introduce another 150 foreign pokemon into Unova. But since this is 2 years later anything could happen. I'm just happy Eevee is in the game. i really want an Espeon and Umbreon. Looking at the scans, I guess that they have not made any sprite changes like they have done in previous versions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ Yes more like expies of those two like Audino to Chansey.
I can see them dividing the Pseudo's with Tyranitar, Salamence, and Hydreigon in one and Dragonite, Metagross, and Garchomp in the other. or Maybe Slacking will take Hydreigon's place if the were to do version exclusives so that they may include Hydre. into both games again.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Speculating which Pokémon from previous generations will be added into Unova? I'm just glad GameFreak is adding Pokémon over to Unova! It gets really boring without the others.

However I'm guessing that a lot of the look alike Pokémon will be in the games, just because it would make sense to have them be in the same areas/locations. Chansey and Audino EXP. Mmm.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh that's awesome @ above poster. I really like the collection of Pokemon so far, past gen Pokemon I don't actually hate!

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I'm loving the selection so far. Seems to be a good mix of first and second generation pokemon, which is where most of my favourites come from anyway. I can see them adding Pikachu in somewhere, or maybe getting it as a gift. I could see them adding Pokemon like Cacnea, Trapinch, Sandshrew, etc. into the desert area too.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I saw a Mareep in one of the scans - I'm pretty much good to go.

But really, I was pretty surprised by the decision to bring in some of the old guys. I think it's great, though, since we now get an even bigger variety to choose to use in-game.

Maybe if they're focusing on a water aspect in the game, they might consider bringing in some more Water types? Instead of Zubat in caves, we'll get back Tentacool in the water. Yay!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't find their addition of new Pokemon surprising at all. In the original games, they weren't part of the Unova Pokedex because it was a recent outbreak of Pokemon, that hadn't been there long enough to become part of the ecology. Now though it's 2 years into the future, those Pokemon have had more than enough time to settle in and be included in the Pokedex.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't find their addition of new Pokemon surprising at all. In the original games, they weren't part of the Unova Pokedex because it was a recent outbreak of Pokemon, that hadn't been there long enough to become part of the ecology. Now though it's 2 years into the future, those Pokemon have had more than enough time to settle in and be included in the Pokedex.

That and the theory I thought of that they escaped from Dream World, or that everyone visited there and they just... fit in after a while, rather than the post-game Pokemon fitting in. Actually, if the post-game Pokemon and the normal ones are in the PokeDex, how much room does that leave for everything else?

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
As long as Munchlax is available for capture. I'll be more than a happy man.

Pretty sure the Pikachu family is a given too.

droomph

weeb
Years
What I think they're doing is sloooowly but suuurely linking us to the Hoenn sequel. And then we know why in BW there's not any old Pokés. And then once they finish BW2 development they're gonna announce a Hoenn remake. Lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back