• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What do you think about the Mega Evolution's ?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I remember when the concept was first announced, like many others I was really excited and curious about the new Mega Evolutions. I really like the idea to Mega Evolve Pokemon, and even though they can be cheap in randbats on PS, they are fun and have changed the metagame nonetheless. My favorite Mega Evolution is Charizard X, that is still one badass looking Pokemon.

Shadow X

Shadow
Years
It would be really interesting if mega stones would evolve permanently like other stones
And it raises stats to an awesome level but if had a couple of moves or signature move given to each pkmn it would make it better

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Mega Evolutions are a completely genius idea. It added a completely new dynamic to the game, people loved to see Pokemon that they originally wanted to evolve, evolve into a really cool form, and it's actually not that broken. Mega Evolutions are incredible but they have limitations that nerf them somewhat. You can only have one mega evolution in play per battle and you have to hold a mega stone in place of another item. These are great stipulations that make mega evolutions less of a threat, but still extremely viable. Also, it adds another strategic layer into the game because the opponent has to guess which Pokemon is the mega, and you have to figure out which one should be the mega.

There is only one problem with Megas and that is, people will never be satisfied. People will want ALL pokemon to have mega evolutions. The fact that Nintendo picks some Pokemon to have mega evolutions and other pokemon to not, makes it seem like they played favorites. Sure it would probably take tons of time for Nintendo to spend on, but having all of the Pokemon have mega evolutions would've made the game both completely different+more interesting and everyone is happy. Idk maybe thats just me

Years
What I love about Mega Evolution is that it gives new life to old Pokemon by giving them a super-powered form that can pretty much change the way you can use that Pokemon. They have a big handicap which is holding a Mega Stone so they can't use other items, plus the fact you can only use one at a time helps limit them from being too overpowered.

Also, as Bradley said just above not everyone's fave Pokemon gets a Mega. There tends to be a big process that goes into picking candidates for Mega Evolution, such as balance (but then again Mega Rayquaza became a horribly broken threat to everything) and also what can constitute a good design (Flygon's main reason for lacking a Mega was due to artist's block when it came to design aspect) so it's a very tricky thing to get right.

Years
When Mega Evolutions first came out, I was very much opposed to the idea. I thought it was going to throw off the balance of power in the game and in some ways I really feel it did. If you're battling someone who has a mega on their team, but you don't, it puts you at a disadvantage.

I also feel as though Mega Evolution has been geared towards making the strong, stronger, instead of making Pokemon on the cusp of being competitive or need help to be in a stronger position viable. Like don't get me wrong, some Pokemon like M-Pidgeot, M-Sableye, M-Audino, and M-Lopunny might be used more because of their Megas, but I feel like far more already powerful Pokemon received Megas that, quite frankly, they didn't even really need to be competitive and used.

All of that being said, however, I feel like Megas have grown on me a bit since they came out in XY simply because it's just part of the game now. There's really not much I can do besides accept it and try to use it to my benefit, so that's what I do and try to accomplish. No matter what anyone thinks of Mega Evolution, they're here to stay and we might as well make the most of it. I just hope they decide to make more Megas that will allow a larger range of Pokemon to be used.

(I also accept it because shiny M-Gardevoir looks amazing :P )

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I really like the concept of mega evolution but there are some mistakes on gfs part that could make it a lot better

I really think that pokes such as sableye, audino, Slowbro who really arent used that much need a mega evolution to make them equal to other pokes that shine more than them honestly does Charizard need to shine any more he was already pretty powerful and loved back in the day so why give it a mega? Other than that Megas are pretty cool.

Another thing i found interesting is how a lot of people ask for Megas of there fav pokes eventhough in the anime theyve "hinted" to how every poke has a mega its just not "uncovered" so hopefully everyones favs will oneday get one especially those who deserve it (like dedenne!)

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
Be better if they were smarter about how they used it. Too many Megas end up weaker than their normal versions. Made Lopunny viable and somehow even more lovable for me tho, so I cant complain. They made my all time favorite ten times better than it was before.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
Main thing that annoyed me about Mega Evolution is some legendaries having a Mega Evolution. Like guys, they are strong enough already, why do you do this? I would rather have them show some love to Pokemon that aren't used as much just so they can get some use. *shrugs*

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
I like Mega Evolution on a whole, especially the fun of searching for the stones in the post game. However, I do agree that as a result some Pokemon get seriously broken (Mega Rayquaza anyone?). Since I don't do competitive, it's not harm to me, but I can see why some others will get seriously annoyed.

That said, I do have one gripe - Mega Gyarados has got to be Water/Dragon instead of Water/Dark. I mean since they don't mind making Pokemon ridiculously overpowered, why not let Gyarados be completely epic by giving it an actual Dragon typing? Can you imagine a 155 base attack STAB on Outrage (that beats every other Pokemon that can learn Outrage except for Mega Rayquaza and Black Kyurem)?

Back