• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Does anyone have an mp3 or a link to a youtube video of the Amelia battle in lavender town?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
dun rush zel, im sure everyone is as anxious as u, so be patient if u want a gd hack to play.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
zel, I finally went out from Victory Road, which was pretty confusing yet pretty fun... :P
(yet, I need to train more... -_- )

Ashlee gave me a shock, though... As well as the fisherman with the Milotic... :P

Anyways, after I got out, I pressed 'A'/'Z' on this sign and this came out... :\
ShinyGoldBeta5_01-1.png

But it's no big deal, though...
It will return to normal after a second it poped like that.

Anyways, best of luck to both the hack and towards Uni... :)

not to mention the fact that you exit heading NORTH on the cave and come out heading SOUTH...
and about the gs-ball i figured it out by myself (alredy got the celebi, EASY...), ill try to talk to morty about the ghostbuster tkx

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
To zel
when will kike back hacking the game?
I very want it continue.will he continue it?
if yes,I'll be very happy because I think
it is the best hack ever together shiny gold!
I quested yuu because he doesn't speak to my question
ant I hope you do.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
i dunno if the game is messed up or theres something to do, after i beat the elite four and after the credits i cant continue the game to start exploring kanto it just forces me to restart after the main menu with the picture of the ho-oh help plz?

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
i dunno if the game is messed up or theres something to do, after i beat the elite four and after the credits i cant continue the game to start exploring kanto it just forces me to restart after the main menu with the picture of the ho-oh help plz?

Many people including me have done that problem, If you didnt change the save settings to 128k flash before you started the game, i am afraid you will have to start over..

Because i assume you were using the emulator save "Shift F1"? .. well you need a proper save file in the game, you know the gold old fashiond way?

Yes it is anoying trust me i know, i have done the same thing myself

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I went WAY past, but then the game said KO on me... when I got the Ghostbuster. Avoided wild pokes, avoided trainers, and had only one pokemon on my team, except the egg (Really, a lv. 69 Typhlosion and a lv. 21 Togetic)

Years
this is such a newbish question but the links to download are they for psp also? because i originally found a psp download of shinygold but having trouble at last gym and there is nothing to do.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
tru thanks neji fro answering my question and thanks nel for the awsome game

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
this is my 1st tym to post in here..but i been reading these posts for some time now..
Just want to ask Zel if..
ur the 1 who created that SG where you have to choose your starter as mew,mewtwo and the ?? pokemon.. ive been playing this game for months now and yes i have the l8test version..just waiting for the next beta 2 arrive(B6)..

can any one teach me where to find that LIPS thing (patch)..what i have was the BTAG patch thing..

BTW :
im from the phillippines..I saw this game at the mall.. they were selling it for at least $20..and last question..
what's the disadvntage of not evolving ur pokemon.. i've made a swampert egg and sceptile and and i want them to be just mudkip and treeko..waht what would be the disadvantage??
and whats the difference of a pokemon with a everstone and the one that didnt have it when it comes to stat??

SHADOW CLONE 147..

u need to start ol over again.. delete all ur save file and open ur emulator..
then click options>emulator>save type and change flash 64k to flash 128k.. thats all..

KABAYAN!!!! (it's good to know that i have fellowmen in the forums, hehe.)

Oh yes, I've seen a Pokemon ShinyGold while window shopping in a mall, too (damn that pirates, hehe).

Actually, the only advantage of not evolving pokemon is their HP (but i made it through lance with just chikorita and stuff).

I think zel has a link for the LIPS. If not, try to Google it (like i did).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
Bug: When you use a Ragecandybar, it says "It won't have any effect." My pokemon was more than 20 HP from full health, too.
Also, Amelia shows up outside of the Mahogany Base even if you haven't met her in Cianwood before.

Edit: Apparently its ONLY a hold item? It used to be used as a potion too.

Last edited:

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012

Oh yes, I've seen a Pokemon ShinyGold while window shopping in a mall, too (damn that pirates, hehe).

Actually, the only advantage of not evolving pokemon is their HP (but i made it through lance with just chikorita and stuff).

hey thanks for answering my question.. are you still here in the Philippines?.. hey can you be more specific about that LIPS.. xori.. and thanks again..=D

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
zel, I finally went out from Victory Road, which was pretty confusing yet pretty fun... :P

Ashlee gave me a shock, though... As well as the fisherman with the Milotic... :P

Anyways, after I got out, I pressed 'A'/'Z' on this sign and this came out... :\
ShinyGoldBeta5_01-1.png

The sign script may lack a dontfaceplayer/jingle/whatever you call it (command 0x69 to be more exact).

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years

I'm still to understand this...
If i go to a jipsy fair or some mall and i see e.g. FireRed being sold in a plain cartrigde, that's defenitly piracy, and i wouldn't buy it
But can you say that it's piracy to sell a cartridge with a rom hack? It might be because a rom hack is for free but i would think twice before not buying it - after all, that's saying that a homebrew game being written on a normal cartridge is piracy
I SAW NARANJA BEING SOLD FOR 5€!
That, for me, its the price of the cartridge : after all, the game is free, the price i pay is just for putting it on a cartridge
I'm just asking: is selling a cartridge with a rom hack piracy?
(OR Is Shiny Gold well worth over 5€ just to have it running on the good 'ol GBA?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'll just reply to some posts before they accumulate, but keep in mind that I wont have an update till Thursday, when I may get an overworld for a hammer and a pick. Or, I try to sprite one myself if I dont get anything by then :P

ur the 1 who created that SG where you have to choose your starter as mew,mewtwo and the ?? pokemon.. ive been playing this game for months now and yes i have the l8test version..just waiting for the next beta 2 arrive(B6)..

can any one teach me where to find that LIPS thing (patch)..what i have was the BTAG patch thing..

Well, in my opinion (which probably is the opinion of most experienced players), starting the game with an ultra powerful legendary Pokemon is pathetic. The idea of any RPG is to grow as you progress in the game, getting stronger and better Pokemon. That's why if you find a SG hack having the legendaries as starters, you can be sure it wasnt done by me ;)

The .ips patch is at the the bottom of this thread, then LIPS can be gotten from the following link: http://www.wah.studiopokemon.com/herramientas/Lips.zip, and finally, if you need help in understanding how to patch, read H.Sotomura's "Before Playing a Hack" stickied thread (or PM me)

hey can some one help me??
when I've patch the bet4 bugfix and i went to Kurt he gave me the GS ball even though i haven't started the celebi event..and ive caught celebi.. now that i am doing the celebi event Kurt would not give me the Gs ball and i cant advance to the other part of hte cave b"coz the is blocking the way (girl near the shrine in the Ilex forest..) what will happen now??

and LASTLY have anyone notice the girl at the back of the pokemon center near the union cave?? my game froze when i tried talking to her..

It is my recommendation to: 1-never patch over an already patched rom and 2-avoid using older betas saved games.
Those two things will surely lead you to a lot of extra bugs that arent really bugs, simply they are changes I had to do in later releases and if you play from an older beta saved game, it wont work as fine as if you started the game from the beginning.

Which girl at the back of the Pokemon Center? I think she was one of the weekly children, and since I moved them from their original places in Gold, there shouldnt be anyone there... O.o

WRONG, You get the GS BALL then speak to ELM front...*of him*

Then you go to Kurt, and walk all the way to ILEX and to that silly route then fly back, to activate...

Ghostbuster doesn't work as of it's like a silph scope that says do OAK: Theres a time and place for this later.

Just so that we get things straight...

GS-BALL
Gotten at Sea Cavern. Complete the Vermilion and Saffron Gyms. Call Elm on any Phone Booth. Go back to Kanto (the boat is prefered). Go to New Bark and if you called Elm previously he'll notice the ball. Now go to Kurt and he takes the ball. Walk a bunch of minutes around without interacting with anything. Go back to Kurt and he'll initiate the "usual" event, which I'm not going to mention because youtube has a lot of videos about the rest....

GHOSTBUSTER
Go to Silph in Saffron and speak with the policeman. Go to the route below Saffron and battle Ashlee to recover the Prototipe. Back to Silph and go to the top of the building. Defeat J&J and give back the Prototype to receive the "unworking" Ghostbuster. Travel to Kanto in the way you want (if you called Elm after getting the Vermilion and Saffron's badges, you can use the boat). Go to Burned Tower and talk with Morty who'll fix the Ghostbuster. Now whenever there are ghosts blocking your way, the Ghostbuster will work and you'll battle the ghost.

ShinyGoldBeta5_01-1.png

The sign script may lack a dontfaceplayer/jingle/whatever you call it (command 0x69 to be more exact).

I know this happens whenever the "location" sign shows up on top of the window, and then, before it disappears you interact with anything else that shows a message. But, I didnt know that could be fixed with the jingle command... Weird, but I'll try it (ever wonder why Nintendo put their signpost so far away from the entrance of places? :laugh:)

Does anyone have an mp3 or a link to a youtube video of the Amelia battle in lavender town?

Aint it easier to search on youtube by yourself? Try "Shiny Gold Amelia", I'm sure some videos will show up.

To zel
when will kike back hacking the game?
I very want it continue.will he continue it?
if yes,I'll be very happy because I think
it is the best hack ever together shiny gold!
I quested yuu because he doesn't speak to my question
ant I hope you do.

Ehem... Please dont talk about offtopic stuff in this hack's thread. I'll reply to anything you send via PM (wait till Thursday) or use my profile if you want to talk about anything.

this is such a newbish question but the links to download are they for psp also? because i originally found a psp download of shinygold but having trouble at last gym and there is nothing to do.

They are .ips patches to be applied to a GBA rom. If you are able to play roms on your PSP, then you'll also be able to play patched roms on it. But, I dont have a PSP so I dont know about the methods of putting and playing roms there. Dont ask me, and dont ask here about that.

Bug: When you use a Ragecandybar, it says "It won't have any effect." My pokemon was more than 20 HP from full health, too.
Also, Amelia shows up outside of the Mahogany Base even if you haven't met her in Cianwood before.

Edit: Apparently its ONLY a hold item? It used to be used as a potion too.

Well, I dont remember about how the SG RageCandyBar worked anymore, but I do remember that it was supposed to work mainly as a hold item. Cannot say anything else, really.

That's it. I'm not gonna enter in the "pirated copies" topic because you all already know what I think. Dont buy them or you'll look as fools, being able to get it for free from here. So, to me, that topic is closed, move to something else, people.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
well, zel...
I love the SS Anne sinking event... *gave me a shock since I never expected it to happen* :laugh:
I love the surprises, zel! :classic:

Keep things up~

Back