• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
I dunno if anyone asked about that, but I haven't noticed, so

How do you get to Poke League?

Found few bugz:

-wrong pokedex info. I caught let's say Shinx, but the pokedex showed Meowth for example
-wrong exp points for defeating a pokemon. I defeated Steelix 33lvl and my Infernape gained 117exp points whereas for defeating onix @ ~40lvl gives about 900 if I remember well (can't find it atm).
-MT.Dreameteor. In last part of the cave all pokes are @ 1lvl.
-some graphic bugs. I caught kyogre & groudon before defeating the leader of TEAM STEAM. I just walked through him like a ghost :P

That's all I got in my mind now. If I find something more I'll let u know :)

Anyway, it's the best hack I've ever played equal with ShinyGold and RijonAdventures. Keep it up mate! Can't wait for another beta :)

EDIT

Ow, and how to get HM08 (Dive)?

Last edited:

adi_balwani

A HUGE game fan
Years
Do u experience this as well

Hey people,
I'm new here... I just started playing Pokemon Light Platinum a few days ago... And it is a simply amazing game... But i encountered a no. of errors so i was wondering if u people experience these as well

1) there are pokemon every 2-3 steps... This must be the first game in which I'm buying repels..
2) My friend who started playing this game at the same time as me ('cos we found this site when he was at my place) said he went went to the torn world before beating the elite 4 of Zheri.. but i didnt...
3) He also said that he found abt 4 Master balls ( i know its true 'cos i went to his house to check, we live pretty close by) while I found only 1
4) He somehow got this fearow (spelling?) which behaves like a bike he rides to everywhere, And I didn't

There are also other problems like glitchy map, bad grammer, but i suppose those will be fixed in BETA 4...

Also can u people tell me another good Pokemon hack (english) for me to play as I'm a huge fan of it...

I know it is not related to LP but please let me add one last thing... Is Pokemon: Ash's Quest on this website... "cos it also a VERYYYY GOOD game I found on this site called poke-mega.org... It follows the story like the anime and has all the major events, we also get to catch the starters and we get pikachu as a starter... But I am stuck at the place where u hv to fight Mandi ie. the first pokemon league match.. the person tells me to go to the water stadium but there is no one there....

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
Hey people,
I'm new here... I just started playing Pokemon Light Platinum a few days ago... And it is a simply amazing game... But i encountered a no. of errors so i was wondering if u people experience these as well

1) there are pokemon every 2-3 steps... This must be the first game in which I'm buying repels..
2) My friend who started playing this game at the same time as me ('cos we found this site when he was at my place) said he went went to the torn world before beating the elite 4 of Zheri.. but i didnt...
3) He also said that he found abt 4 Master balls ( i know its true 'cos i went to his house to check, we live pretty close by) while I found only 1
4) He somehow got this fearow (spelling?) which behaves like a bike he rides to everywhere, And I didn't

There are also other problems like glitchy map, bad grammer, but i suppose those will be fixed in BETA 4...

Also can u people tell me another good Pokemon hack (english) for me to play as I'm a huge fan of it...

I know it is not related to LP but please let me add one last thing... Is Pokemon: Ash's Quest on this website... "cos it also a VERYYYY GOOD game I found on this site called poke-mega.org... It follows the story like the anime and has all the major events, we also get to catch the starters and we get pikachu as a starter... But I am stuck at the place where u hv to fight Mandi ie. the first pokemon league match.. the person tells me to go to the water stadium but there is no one there....

Woohoo my first post and I get to help someone out. Anyway, this thread has almost all of the completed hacks pokecommunity. com/ showthread . php?t=135962 Including Ash Quest I can't post URLs sorry. As far as good hacks to play, pretty much all of the 1st page and 2nd page of hack showcase are good hacks.*Not to take anything away from hacks on other pages, I just haven't tried those out.*

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Hey people,

First I'll handle the "bugs."

1. Yes, noticed that too
2. Hmm...strange....I couldn't get there until after the league
3. There's a masterball on Phione, one in Team Aqua base and there might be 2 more (check if they're attached to legendarys)
4. You get it from the "bird shop" in the town with the ghost gym leader.

Yes, Pokemon Ash's Quest is the scrapbox, but it is very buggy and the person who made it hasn't been on for about a year. I got to that match also, it is the end of the beta (ice_nine said so himself). Good hacks are the Ruby Destiny series (all 3 of them are excellent), Shiny Gold and Liquid Silver (not my thing but for some reason people like them), Rijon Adventures (A good game, at the top of Hacks Showcase), Prism and Brown (again not my thing, but they seem pretty good), and various progressing hacks (Especially ToxicPurple, Eruption, Shining Opal, Thunder Emblem etc.).

I hope I answered your questions.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
I've caught all the legendary birds + Jirachi, walked through all cities and haven't found a way to poke league :( I had to miss something obviously. I'm in Dragonbreat city atm.

BTW. When I was going to Snowice city I met Ash on my way and he told me that team steam is going to central city. I haven't found them there.

adi_balwani

A HUGE game fan
Years
Thanx a lot

I was just checking out Rijondventures and I hv played Shiny gold but didnt find it very gud as I hv completed Gold and there is barely any difference (except graphics).... And i will make sure i check the legendaries for MBs once i start a new game... And i will do what my friend did.... Go into every single house and talk to eery single person even to trainers after our battle...

Thanx again and I'm waitin badly for BETA 4 Wesley

I've caught all the legendary birds + Jirachi, walked through all cities and haven't found a way to poke league :( I had to miss something obviously. I'm in Dragonbreat city atm.

BTW. When I was going to Snowice city I met Ash on my way and he told me that team steam is going to central city. I haven't found them there.

Team Steam is in the TV station in Central City
Hope that helps

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
I've just been in TV station but there are only ordinary people and workers. Anyway, maybe they are gone because I got through next events.

About the masterballs. I only got 2 and legendaries I have are: Groundon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Heatran, Celebi, Latios, Latias, Moltres, Zapdos, Atricuno, Lugia, Jirachi(?) dunno if it's a legend.

EDIT

I've found the poke league, but there's no cave or anything like that before :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2022
Is it just me or did I really had some serious luck in this hack xDD
Believe it or not but. After saying Hi to the Latios and Latias in that city of the museum, I went to the next road, I met Latios ._.
I caught him, woot ^_^

And on Thunder Island, I battled Zapdos, I heard a strange sounds after his cry, I had the space button pressed so it went fast. But after I caught him I went to the Poke Center and opened my Box, took Zapdos in my party and fought with him. and indeed my feelings were correct, its a shiny o.o
I was like omfg O.O

I enjoyed the hack =] Ive beaten the E4 at last xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
I found another, really strange bug:

I just got out of my body after pokemon battle and nothing is helping. I'll have to load the previous savegame.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
Dude, he's got his own life so keep that in mind and stop crying.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
RETURN
Hello to all the people that accompany this topic
thank you for its great support, finally after two
long weeks of tests and works in the ability
finally I am of turn to work in the hack
and I had good progresses, I can say that the beta
he/she has a lot of secrets and tricks that only the
better players of games pokémons discovered

UPDATE's
now gulp some little images on the progress
of the rom, that is almost ready

pokmonligthplatinumb1.png

NEW BETA
it dates foreseen for the release of the beta 25/07/2009
this is a specified period being able to not the date to be altered
in some days, or even having thrown very before
because now I am with a long free time and I will see
quickly the progress of the rom, although you test it each
detail is very difficult so that the game doesn't have none
BUG as it happened in the last beta

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Honey? I <3'd the freaking honey script, I got my Vespiqin and my Wormadam(ground) that way, also cherrim is cool when you use sunny day it looks different okay, I've seen what I've liked here *fan :)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Yay...Update...:D

These tiles are as beautiful as always...They are like a work of art...
The OWs are also beautiful...And I'm Lovin those hives above the gym...

Beta??? YIPEE!!! Thats fantastic...I'm Glad that I can soon try out this masterful hack...No...Nearly Perfect Hack...

Wishing you luck,
Shadow Rayquaza

Fleur

~LaFleur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
I finish beta 3 :) This hack is great !
New beta :) Yes !
24 days left :P :)
~LaFleur

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
I'm glad to hear about release of new beta :) Wesley, keep it up. The hack is a masterpiece!

Back