• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Walking Dead Fanclub

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Woah! You were all right about pretty much everything!

I'm very disappointed that we didn't actually get to see Duane (thanks for knowing the name, jellicentfan), but it worked better that way concerning the flow of the episode. Morgan was obviously going to be all sorts of messed up, but the actor portrayed it perfectly; much better than I imagined he would. The plot of this episode lined up perfectly with the comic except the ending, so as a serious comic book fan I'm quite pleased.

I'm actually quite glad Morgan didn't come with Rick and company to the prison, despite the book purist in me. He would have just gotten in the way and bogged down the next few episodes with drama that just isn't needed yet. I hope Rick meets up with him again later on (by choice or not), but right now there's much more going on and the events about to take place between Woodbury and the prison deserve all the screen-time they can get!

Sirfetch’d

That was a very moving episode and I felt really touched everyone. The news about Duane is terrible and Morgan's state of mind made him a completely different person.

I loved all of Michonne's screen time though and the bonding between her and Carl was awesome!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hnnggg Rick got a dose of his own crazy from Morgan. ;;

Spoiler:

Totally hope Morgan goes to the prison. Or they at least encounter him again. He's such a good character, especially the way he's been developed in the show and how that differs from the comic. I really think Morgan could be a great asset to the team in Tyreese's absence. I mean, what could prove more helpful than an unhinged guy with serious amounts of firearms and ammunition in the battle against Woodbury? If nothing, Morgan is definitely a great foreshadowing device for Rick if the Ricktatorship continues.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone wants to know this, but The Walking Dead issue 107 was released last Wednesday if anyone wanted to pick that up.

Years
Alright, finally saw it.
The only thing I can say about the episode is that my respect for Carl and Michonne just skyrocketed. It's really nice that Michonne is finally opening up and showing some emotion.
I feel so bad for Morgan, he's gone through quite a bit.
Pretty interesting.

Years
Omg Morgan was so crazy this episode. Like crazier than he was in the comic I think... hm well, kinda... I'm surprised he didn't go back with the group to be honest! They always bring in new people except that hiker guy :( especially if they've known them before. Or am I remembering incorrectly? Also, I'm glad we had a Michonne-centric episode where she actually SAID WORDS. Seriously, every time Michonne speaks, it's awesome. "The mat said Welcome" XD

Also I need to start picking up the individual issues, I'm getting so behind. :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
The mat said Welcome" XD

Omg I know. There was so much crazy writing on the walls and general insanity and stuff, I was totally expecting them to pan to one of those cheesy, wooden, hand-carved signs reading, "bless this mess". xDD

And yeah, I'd say Morgan was crazier in the show than he was in the comic. I mean, in the comic he pulled a "governor maneuver" and kept walker-Duane around in his house for a while then he proceeded to think that Carl was actually his son.

..actually wait. Maybe that is crazier. ;(

Honest

Hi!
Years
New episode calls for a new Topic of the Week!

With Morgan's appearance in this week's episode a clear forshadowing of Rick's mental instability, do you believe we've seen the last of Morgan?

This week's episode was legitimately one of my all time favorites. The focus on Michonne, Carl, Rick, and Morgan was insane, especially Morgan. I'm so happy he's back, but at the same time so sad. The dude's really messed up in the head. Rick definitely got a taste of his own medicine with that.

That being said, I'm not sure if Morgan will return. =/ I loved his monologue, though. Holy hell.

Lucid

I love Walking Dead, I look forward to this show weekly. I don't really have a favorite character or anything. Morgan was seriously tripping in his return, he kinda snapped Rick out of his own little world but I doubt it was for long, I wonder how many more unstable characters will come unglued until it hits the fan? If Morgan does stick around, he'll probably become another liability. The Carl and Michonne interaction was sweet.

Sirfetch’d

That was my favorite episode by far this season except the part where Lori died I loved the bonding between the characters and I loved how it was a focused episode rather than jumping around from the prison to woodbury.

As for Morgan I really can't decide if I think he will return or not.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh yeah, totally. Having the episode focus only on that foursome was a brilliant thing to do. Gave more time to actually develop the characters. That Carl/Michonne interaction was pretty nice. I still don't get how Michonne moved so damn fast to get the picture. Also, for the record, the woman has a terrible sense of house decorations. :c

But I realllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, loved Morgan's whole "clear" speech. Lennie James is such a great actor.

Also, after thinking about it, I feel like we won't be seeing Morgan for a long time. For someone so far gone like he is, it'd take a true miracle to bring him back to the level of sanity that Rick has. Which is saying something. Might we see him in Season 4? Maybe? But I think we're done with Morgan for the season.

Sirfetch’d

I really do hope that Morgan returns because as you said Lennie James has done such a good job playing his character. I just hope the next time we see him he is in a better state of mind and still alive. I would hate to see him return as a walker.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Okayyyyyy guys! After a recommendation by Alexia and some pondering, I've decided that starting soon (hopefully this weekend), the first post will be updated so that it includes a news section based on the entire Walking Dead trademark. That means comics, shows, video games, interviews, anything you can think of. That being said, of course we shall widen the possible discussion topics from just the show to the whole thing in general. I was too specific anyway.

Thoughts, comments?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
10/10!!!

Love it! Because, lets face it, what are we all going to do when this latest season is over? D: Lets cover everything Walking Dead related wooo!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
I'm excited for a full-blown comic-reader's death match. I'll happily be the one to provide antagonistic comments for argumentative purposes, if you like. It'll go something like this:

"Neagan is Carl's real dad! Prove me wrong if you dare!!!"

Honest

Hi!
Years
Okay guys, so I've finally edited the first page to start our new "News" section. Hopefully I'll be able to commit to it, as the idea is extremely good, and it'd make this place even better! So in tandem with posting links to the articles on the first post, I shall also be posting the articles here in quotes as they come. Per day, I shall edit the "News Post" with more news, so as to not continuously post in one day or double post. Without further ado, here is today's (and two days ago's) news!

Telltale Targets Fall 2013 for The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2
Spoiler:

Norman Reedus talks possible Daryl-Carol romance on 'The Walking Dead': 'I want her to make the first move'
Spoiler:

'Walking Dead' No. 108: Preview the First 4 Pages (Exclusive)
Spoiler:

The Walking Dead Spoiler Bomb: Odd Pairings and Rising Tensions Are On the Way!
Spoiler:

'Walking Dead': Lennie James talks return of Morgan; plus, exclusive photos!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Here's the first news story that I found interesting today that wasn't a review of yesterday's episode!

'Oz the Great and Powerful' and 'Walking Dead'? Nicotero is connection
Spoiler:

Anyway, wow, yesterday's episode. This whole series is really pushing my at the edge of my seat, I'm sort of expecting someone to randomly go bam bam at this point. Anyway, the topic of this week is a very simple one: Who do you believe will draw first blood?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Fooooo I should have posted this forever ago! D:

Anyway, love the news article! Very awesome that they share makeup artists. If Nicotero's work on TWD is any indicator of the makeups he'll do on Oz, than at the very least it'll be a great looking show. xD

Now, episode, damn. Super excited to see that Rick is finally using his position to manipulate the group too. I mean, I know it sounds bad... but sometimes you need to make critical decisions lies like that in order to keep your people safe, right? Rick had done something like this before when they went to the CDC, didn't he? And what's-his-face-crazy-science-guy told Rick that he and the others had already contracted the virus and would turn regardless of how they died and Rick withheld that information. Something like that lol. I definitely want to see how Rick and the group develop from all that. Not to mention Michonne. ;p

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that this fight between the Governor and the prison is going to hit it's climax soon. And personally, I think Rick and the group did really well when they ambushed Woodbury first, so if they're planing on being strategic whatsoever, Rick better draw first blood. >:) However, the Governor at this moment has more resources and more leverage over the prison group.. so it's really become a battle between brains and brawn, in my opinion.

Sirfetch’d

Ugh haven't posted in a while here. The last episode to me seemed like a filler episode, but still the tension right now is great and the showdown is gonna be epic. It should be interesting who finally kills the governor though It could be Rick, Andrea, Michonne, maybe Milton???(jk not Milton) but yeah the next episode should be much better.

Back