• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkBlue: The Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
iPa5QBAywbq4S.png

Tecnical data​

Creator: Jaizu
Helpers: Reoneky; scripting support.
ROM Base: Emerald
Language: Spanish/English

Your story​

Who knows who you are? Who wants to know it? You're a mere character, you're involved in this adventure for your own, you've made your suit by yourself... You have adventures to draw on, you ought to pay attention to the tiniest details, to get lost in the landscape without falling into the abyss, no matter if you win or lose, it's all the same, just pick up your case full of dreams and hopefullness, 'cause sorrow and drama is too mainstream.

Characters​

Yourself: You have no family, you're schizophrenic and it wasn't too long since you move to this region. You have a small house, which you inherited from your grandfather. No one feels right about the death of your relatives, so sometimes you have visions about a person called Cope, from who you don't know nothing about. People don't know about your dreams, which become true, and you found out about them. When you wake up, they are accompanied with a headache and blurry vision.

Reoneky: You only remember that he's a Pokémon Trainer, an old friend of yours. You're memory has gaps, however, you know that he's a good guy, he likes to joke about drugs and to call wild to anyone.

Professor Kagome: She lives in Coffee Village, she knows Sahori and Reoneky. You decide to tell her what happens with some of your dreams. She will bring you advices and some presents.

Sahori: A childhood friend, she's very nice, you love each others.

Lex: A Pokémon Trainer who travels around the region in search for his father, you won't know much about him but you'll eventually have several meetings with him, ocasions in which you'll measure your strength with him.

Cope: Everybody know that you'll discover that he exists, although you have to wait to know more about him. Just keep paying attention to the hack.

Panda: Secondary protagonist, it's just you disguised at Panda, very cute by the way.

Eing: Pokémon Trainer, somewhat enigmatic. He likes to raise his Riolu. He's hiding another life behind the mask he shows during your confrontations, he's burly.

Team Squad: Bunch of fools to who you kick in their faces.

New places and quests​

ibhYlL2CWDZA7T.png
iblka59FvDjKQz.png
ibcVPhgstR8LDb.png
ib1iFD1Zt4cBNr.png
iQ7xgOsmZcaEs.png
ibimMNiV2Ybul3.png
iZHblOTXRT14r.png
K3ibt9O.png
K3ibt9O.png

Updated graphics​

iPa5QBAywbq4S.png
ic2bo4MeNVrHu.png
imbEOeu4yGNKX.png
ivYHBTXgjwTkb.png
CLcJpov.png
K3ibt9O.png

Brand new soundtrack

Added Pokemon​

Riolu: Moveset similar to Pokemon Black/White one.
Lucario: Moveset similar to Pokemon Black/White one.
Buizel: Moveset similar to Pokemon Black/White one (ask for redemption, 'cause he kicks your ass).
Floatzel: Moveset similar to Pokemon Black/White one.

Gameplay​

Inserting Pokemon that weren't present in the first three generations caused some problems. The amount of movements increased or just changed, so here are the changes:

* Critical hits now inflicts x1.5 of damage instead of x2
* Surf: it hurts your allies Pokemon in double battles.
* Toxic: it never fails if used by a Poison type.
* Aqua jet: added attack, it works the same as in fourth generation.
* Force Palm: added attack, it works the same as in fourth generation.
* Feint: added attack, 30 damage, Fighting type, physic, it never fails.
* Copycat: added attack, it works the same as in fourth generation.

More movements and Pokemon will be included during the game development.

Credits​
Areku: Original idea for the first maps, DarkBlue's original creator.
Rika: You were always very nice, thanks for the sprites.
Cope: Lots of resources, thanks.
CNC: Tiles
Zein: Tiles
Seiyouh: General graffic stuff.
Tokyn: Overworlds
Princelegendario: Palettes
Erio: Sprites.
Magicscarf: Tiles.
CalisProject: Tiles.
Tlachtli: Attack animations.

Special thanks
Cope: Incredible moral and graphic support, I wouldn't have even the fourth part of my resources without him.
Erio: Moral support.
Reoneky: Da fackin' boss.
Rey Boo: Translation help

Thanks for read!

Last edited:
Years
Great Graphics! Story is good too. I like the screens very much, you've used great tiles, specially the wooden house type thing! Overworld sprite and Battle BG are acceptable. I wish you complete this project. Best of luck!

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Really, your english is not good xD

I never play before the Areku's Dark Blue, but I like the plot, it' very original. The screenies are very good, the FR style looks great in combination with the mapping, and the scripts are very creative, I'm really interested in this hack, because is AMAZING

Good Luck!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
I love this, both visually and the characters references
Playing as a schizophrenic sounds interesting, though

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I love the idea. Playing as a schizophrenic sounds both a bit chilling and interesting!
Graphically, the hack looks wonderful. I look forward to seeing your progress.

If you need help with translation, I can provide it! :)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
I love the tiles, would really like to see this translated. Best of luck to ya.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Goes without saying that the tiles look really nice. One thing I did notice however, was the large amount of wild grass in your routes. It just seems a bit overkill, and it would certainly be annoying to traverse. The maps don't need to be so packed that there isn't a single normal grass tile, it's excessive even if you're going for a "natural" look.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
Spoiler:

Thanks to verybody for your support!
Just want to post this two screenshoots and a little video that I made for you, Pokecommunity :_D

[HD]ZCPjBLib6fk[/HD]
ricOvuM.png
i7ZiOSs3RGwC3.png

Please ignore the overworld in the second image, was a test ow (:

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Your hack level is impressive, it has very nice graphics with a so noticeable hard work, considering how much time you spent to change all things related to the Pokemon Party and the Bag Menu. The story is just fine, it isn't very long, but neither soporific.

Keep working hard ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
I wonder how being schizophrenic will affect the gameplay? Sounds interesting.

Regardless, your hack seems very interesting. Best of luck!

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
The Pokemon menú looks awesome, but is in BW style and the hack are in GBA style, but anyway are very good c:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Wow this looks very creative. The idea of playing is a schizophrenic also sounds very interesting. I wish you the best :)

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
There is an oddity in high-quality and promising ROM hacks like this one. They tend to never get completed, or remain in another language for all time. I really hope you complete this and it doesn't take 5 years. There are already way to good games, that got wasted (Dark Cry: Legend of Giratina, Galaxy Elements, Legend of Abunja, Mystery 9 (language based, will get completed though) and several others... Wish you the best of luck!

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
Spoiler:

Here is a little screen from the second city in the history, hope you like it (:
9e8NSBj.png

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
Wow. I don't know much about hacks, but this looks amazing. If you need any help translating from Spanish to English, I would love to help. I have a little trouble with written grammar in Spanish, but I'm fluent in both languages.

This game looks so good and the story is very intriguing. I'm really looking forward to your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back