• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "No Exp. Share: How does it change the game for you?" Cont.

Does turning off the Exp. Share in XY make the game more enjoyable and/or difficult for you?

• Yes! It makes things a lot different!

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • In-between, it does make things a little harder but still not too great.

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No! The game is still a joke even without it!

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
For a casual player it helps no end, but also with the new typing it was something to get used to. When I picked up X and Y for the first time it was the first Pokemon game that I'd bought since 2004, so when I played the older games grinding was something I really got bored with, and in all honesty pretty fed up with - my most recent run through of Emerald proved that, I have a level 50 Blaziken and level 51 Lombre alongside the Level 70 Rayquaza; even then I struggled towards the end of the E4...

When I started played X I was already way OP due to using the Speed Boost Torchic, Fennekin and Squirtle. Then wonder trading and getting a couple of other good Pokemon I pretty much wiped everything out that I needed to, especially since having two megas on my team from the get go was just way OP.

Having the EXP Share just made it easier for the E4 realistically, although I was around 10 levels clear of any of the opponents I don't think it made it too much easier. When it comes to Meta Gaming and creating a living Pokedex however it's such a benefit.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Well i prefered the old Exp share, because, maybe there is a pokemon in the team which i don't want to level up, so, now is kinda more diffucult to have a balanced team, and easier to have a too OP team

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
I'm in the middle. I still struggled, but my Pokemon were all about the same level, so I liked that. I didn't struggle as much as I normally would've if I had to grind, and I probably would've ended up taking longer to beat the game if it wasn't on and/or if I'd been willing to turn it off.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
It was meh. I mean, I though "hey, even levels of Pokemon at all times." I figured out wrong as my lead Pokemon still is ways ahead of everybody. But still, the free experience isn't something I'm complaining about.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Since I don't have just 6 Pokemon I use, but more I switch back and forth between teams.

I usually turn Exp Share off because I'm not interested in leveling up Pokemon I not using. I'd rather the level reflect the use.

Back