• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
To Pike just redownload the SDSME....if you still cant load it then i'll send you a new copy.

Just patch the clean rom with my patches.....

I'll make a tutorial thread if no one post one in 2 days......

ive also made a Hoen tileset which is working well just minor tileset errors:)

Yay thanks for Spiky's telling me how to match the texture data i got this with BW Textures:

Very BIG Thanks to Markitus/Spiky...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EsCHTrgJNI&feature=youtu.be

also i wonder how to embed videos on here....

So awsome dude can you post you´re tutorial today please. And i would love to see you´re hoenn tiles.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
So awsome dude can you post you´re tutorial today please. And i would love to see you´re hoenn tiles.

Yeah when i have time...i work on this stuff even during highschool!

I copied most of the tiles from the original ruby and emerald tiles and they look okay but i need to change the colors to make it look more 3D-ish..

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Yeah when i have time...i work on this stuff even during highschool!

I copied most of the tiles from the original ruby and emerald tiles and they look okay but i need to change the colors to make it look more 3D-ish..
ok nice but i really wanna edit tiles how are you doing??

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Spiky you're a genius, I love you Tool :D

VERGUNDAI

Years
G3DCVTR is not working for me after using cmd prompt i get a size error so if anyone knows how to convert obj to nsbmd here's an attachment that needs to be converted!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
G3DCVTR is not working for me after using cmd prompt i get a size error so if anyone knows how to convert obj to nsbmd here's an attachment that needs to be converted!

I'll check two things before converting:

1. Make sure that the model is a .imd file created with NITRO-Plugins.
2. Give the .imd file a UV fix with MKDS Course Modifier and try again.

Tell me what happens after doing these two checks :)

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Spiky-Eared Pichu already showed me what the problem was, if I remember correctly. The problem is the UV coordinates of the textures. For skip this problem I recommend you copy and paste parts of original maps, like trees or soil, and do nothing from scratch.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
i have succesfully opened a map in google sketchup. But i dont know how to edit it there plz tell me.

VERGUNDAI

Years
I'll check two things before converting:

1. Make sure that the model is a .imd file created with NITRO-Plugins.
2. Give the .imd file a UV fix with MKDS Course Modifier and try again.

Tell me what happens after doing these two checks :)

Thanks, Ill try this out!

3DS Max 6 is to complicated for the export of imds....etc.
So i was wondering if anyone knows how to get a working MAYA 7?
(Everyone uses maya 7 and it seems so easy, since it has the newest interface)

i have succesfully opened a map in google sketchup. But i dont know how to edit it there plz tell me.

Right click edit components and then right click again and edit components, then use [SELECT] and then edit it with the tools....

- like move them around
- (if you want to move around the trees use the arrow on the left corner then click on a tree tile then drag it while clicking to be able to select the whole tree. and copy with ctrl-c and then paste with ctrl-v then move around the tree to any area.....)

Im sorry I cant explain it more easier, because before I make a tut, I have to successfully import a map.

Also Team Fail's got an awesome tutorial thread right now!(i've linked that thread to my subscribers so they stopped bothering me :How did you do it! Me: I couldnt have done it without these guys!)

BTW I'm going to post my artworks so someone can transform them into an actual trainer sprite.
-I've imported only 3 different maps from different areas in the game.
-I've edited more than 105 different maps on sketchup(I'm afraid because I might not be able to import them)
- 2 Main Heroes are guys:( BURST TRAINERS!
- I was wondering Spiky and Team Fail can I use you guys in the Pokemon League...
I've already set Spiky-Ear Pichu as the last Pokemon lv.100 with a guy that has a Spiky-Ear Pichu Beanie, and Team Fail(whats your favorite PKMN?)
I edited the ending with new animations imported from bmd files from FFIV.(Still no textures)

Thats all I've been doing lately.....

Last edited:

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
I'm really curious. How do you go about doing this? My copy of MKDS Course Modifier doesn't open IMD files.

Edit: Found one that opens them, but it seems to error out on me. Gonna see why.

Edit 2: Made a fresh new IMD and it seems to be working properly.

Edit 3: *image*

You must to edit (with hexadecimal editor) the *.nsbmd textures names. The names that you must edit are in the tileset editor of SDSME. You will see three pairs of columns on the hexadecimal editor, the first pair isn't need to touch, the second must to have the names of the first column of SDSME and the third column of the *.nsbmd must to have the names of the second column of SDSME tileset editor.

Well, here's an example, look what I maked:

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
You must to edit (with hexadecimal editor) the *.nsbmd textures names. The names that you must edit are in the tileset editor of SDSME. You will see three pairs of columns on the hexadecimal editor, the first pair isn't need to touch, the second must to have the names of the first column of SDSME and the third column of the *.nsbmd must to have the names of the second column of SDSME tileset editor.

Well, here's an example, look what I maked:

Holy cow are you working on a rse remake??

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
When i imported bw trees png how do i make them look more 3d??

By having two polygons together in an + like shape, then put two polygons at the near top of the + shape and one at the near edge of the base of the + shape, and then put the tree log polygon at the bottom, but not too close to the grass.

Just take a look at the map with trees in it in BW, or even B2W2 with MKDS Course Modifier. That's how you'll get a good example of how they look like.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
By having two polygons together in an + like shape, then put two polygons at the near top of the + shape and one at the near edge of the base of the + shape, and then put the tree log polygon at the bottom, but not too close to the grass.

Just take a look at the map with trees in it in BW, or even B2W2 with MKDS Course Modifier. That's how you'll get a good example of how they look like.

Done but how do i import the trees to my diamond rom??

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
You have to edit the right tilesets!(With MKDS Couse Modifier)
, there are many, i think for diamond it starts on 2 or 6-10.

So if i edit ecxport tileset 2 from spiky´s tool then edit it with mkds course editor. And the then import using spiky´s tool. Should it be in game then??

I did succed insert bw tiles it was tileset 6 for diamond if anyones wonder.

And i wonder how can i excport texctures from a bw rom so i can insert them into diamond

But i did made a little glitch when i inserted them. So if anyone know what this and what i did wrong plz let me know

35i6bk7.jpg

Last edited:

VERGUNDAI

Years
So if i edit ecxport tileset 2 from spiky´s tool then edit it with mkds course editor. And the then import using spiky´s tool. Should it be in game then??

Yes but you must change the other tilesets too not just tileset 2....

for some reason HGSS if you do that your texture goes outa control in-game to UV Rays and thermal....

I'm also getting this error with g3dcvtr.exe on virtual box XP.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser>g3dcvtr.exe 1.imd -emdl 2.nsbmd
g3dcvtr ERROR: the number of nodes(286) is too big to be packed in u8.
file util.h, line 227

C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser>

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Yes but you must change the other tilesets too not just tileset 2....

for some reason HGSS if you do that your texture goes outa control in-game to UV Rays and thermal....

Ok thxc gonna try. But do you know how to get export tiles from bw rom?? So i could make more texture changes.

VERGUNDAI

Years
Ok thxc gonna try. But do you know how to get export tiles from bw rom?? So i could make more texture changes.

LOL EASY go find it inside the black and white rom...I think it's a/0/1/4 just export the textures with tinke.
then after that go edit tilesets from diamond with mkds and copy paste bw textures to diamond and reimport them with mkds.

Last edited:
Back