• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

lokai20

ROM NOOB
Years
i am trying to make a ruby hack that replaces the gym leader battle theme with the legendary dog battle theme. The legendary dog battle theme is already in the ruby game but i have no idea how to change it

justjake

Wrath to the stars above.
Years
i am trying to make a ruby hack that replaces the gym leader battle theme with the legendary dog battle theme. The legendary dog battle theme is already in the ruby game but i have no idea how to change it

Well, you could simply export the tracks from that tune (Somewhere near 358) and then import into the gym leader space (which is 460). Couldn't be easier.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
I have a bunch of questions, I hope somebody on the board responds soon.
#1: How do I get Sappy Working? I am able to have it open, but when I go to load a ROM first it asks if I want to scan for a song table. Then if I select a song from the ROM and press PLAY the program closes!

#2: Would I be able to ADD songs to the GBA Pokemon ROM file and not replace them.

#3: Say I could ADD music and not replace it; how would I set a MAP in the Pokemon ROM to USE the NEW MUSIC?

I am using Windows XP, latest Service Pack. (I think it is Service Pack 3)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2010
Alright, does ANYONE have a version of Sappy 1.0.1, or can provide a link that isn't broken? Since the link to TheHelmetedRodent thing is dead.

If it wouldn't be too much to ask (if you do have 1.0.1) could you upload it or .rar it please?

Thank you.

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
When I click the "Assemble this ugly thing" button,

The error message looks like this:

Error #1002, "Syntax error"

On line: "byte &Hbc -- Diamond & Pearl- Trainer Battle_key+0"

What do I need to do to make it work ?

i have the same problem as badwolfinconverse and i want to link_971's website. had to tranlate from french to english first. then i want the tutorials then click on to tutorials game boy advance then scrolled down and find build music and everytime i click on to one of the build music links it says error 401 - Unauthorized File access requires authorization. o i see why you have to buy the vip membership. well that the end for my hack going to go delete my hack and all the hack programs.

Last edited:
Years
THIS MAKES NO SENSE! I don't under stand how you inport music!

" Importing music from one Pokemon GBA game to another is easy. First open the Pokemon GBA game you want music from like for instance, if I wanted to take music from Ruby and put it in Fire Red, I would open Ruby. Then I'd simply select the song I want to put into the other game and go to export tracks. Once you're in the export tracks window, check all the tracks, type "$T" in the second box and all your tracks will be exported to numbered files(1, 2, 3, 4, 5 you get the point). After that, open the game you want to insert the music into and find the track you want to replace. After that choose import tracks and import the numbered tracks you dumped and press okay. Congrats, you've successfully taken music from one GBA Pokemon and inserted it into another."

My Sappy Won't work and what am i supposed to open my emerald with, Sappy?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Okay, Sappy does not work for me either. I've even tried the Vista "Fix". I just cannot import anything.

Last edited:

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
Originally Posted by BadWolfInConverse
When I click the "Assemble this ugly thing" button,

The error message looks like this:

Error #1002, "Syntax error"

On line: "byte &Hbc -- Diamond & Pearl- Trainer Battle_key+0"

What do I need to do to make it work ?

Use short name & change the tempo on the MIDI file

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2010
thanks but there is the problem :

i will put Lance & Red Battle Theme of Pokemon Gold in Red Version and i have no software for that .

can u help me please ?

p.s.: i'm french .

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
Ok... I need help! I insert the track with the assemble song and it works. I play the game and it freezes just before the music starts. So I did the export tracks and import tracks thingy and I open the unmodified ROM that I did import on. I get to that bit of music but I get no sound, even on full volume. Help me please!

Mr. Magius

  
Years
When I open Sappy I get this message:
Sappy 2006 said:
Rune-time error '339':

Component 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
I've converted the to the .s file properly, but that's all I can do...

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
Years
When I open Sappy I get this message:

Originally Posted by Sappy 2006
Rune-time error '339':

Component 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
I've converted the to the .s file properly, but that's all I can do...

I think it's telling you that vbalCbEx6.ocx is missing from your computer. You need to download that file I guess. But I don't know where to put it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 6, 2011
Are there any other tools for inserting music into games other than Sappy? I downloaded it and it keeps crashing.

Years
Hello everyone, I am using Sappy 2005 and did this tutorial with no problem. No errors, nothing...
Except one problem, that I've had with every single song I've tried to add.

I wanted to change the "Help Me!" song, and when I listened to it, instead of playing my song, it played the Introduction (Game Freak Logo and stuff) theme. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Back