• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
OC had it's own section in irc, I remember when the place would be booming...

...can everyone here sign into irc #ocd? That's be so awesome.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Maybe I'll give it a try later, I am interested in what goes on in the IRC, gotta make sure I can connect to it and all.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Trust me, I agree completely with you :( Too many people just dismiss it as a lost cause though, sigh.

This! I even made a blog post about it that it needed to be revived. Either way, I try to be there every few days after work or so :c just I feel like people should give it more than just a minute before leaving again when they enter

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Ahaha, good ol' #ocd. Some good times were had there - though honestly, I don't miss it too much. I think the less diluted with IRC channels PC is, the better, in hindsight. The more unnecessary stuff like that you've got going on, the less activity the main parts get.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Every time I join IRC it's dead. Even a school in summer is more active than that place *_*

But that's such a good place to chat! More people should join there :[

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
One of the things that made the main irc die was the millions of section-specific channels though.

Honest

Hi!
Years
That's true. Having a specific section for each part of the forum would inevitably kill of activity in the main irc. Too bad no one thought of that before hand. :c

Does anyone have the meebo link? I need it to sign in. D;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Why don't we try and bring the main IRC back? I mean, Toujours, I know you and I are always on, so if people know there'll usually be at least me or you, then they'd be more willing to join knowing there's someone rather than no one.. .o.?

I've been on IRC for ages.. back with J was like full op! IRC is like another home, ya know?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
The chat exists only when PC is down. I used it once and every other time i log in, i say hi but nobody's there. Maybe PC should hold an event in there.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Probably a Java thing Dipu. The in-site chat box is terrible anyway though.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I spent almost the whole summer on IRC but now everyone is gone. And it's not surprising to me, I guess everyone is on their exam period or near it.

And what was that #ocd about?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
That's the thing though. Some people enter, say, hi, and then when no one responds within 30 seconds they just leave!
I open the tab and I'm like "Why'd you leave so soon! I was in the bathroom! or reading a post real quick! etc!" Like.. give it a chance!!

I use mibbit to go on because the java chat messes up for me too :c

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's not really exams, it's just dead all of the time now. :(

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I can't get on chat because it keeps saying my Java is outdated. I updated it and then it says something is wrong with it. :/

I'll just stick to forum posting for now.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I use mIRC but i can't go on the chat 'cause my internet is cut. I'm using my smartphone browser right now.
But i guess the DCC took the place of the chat.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
server is irc.systemnet.info (type it in manually) :3 then it's #thepokecommunity. Easy peasy to connect :3

Nah, DCC and irc have different chat vibes; but I am happy that the DCC has become more active :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back