• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
Alright, the A-Text I downloaded showd up to be fake. So, I downloaded the right one and now everything works fine. Not.

My new problem is that, everytime I resize a building, it will hang everytime I go into it in-game. The music will still play though, and it only seems to happen on buildings and caves since other locations (like Pallet Town) works fine if I resize them. Also, they work fine when I resize them to their original size, and I've tried with a "fresh" (unhacked) ROM, too.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Alright, the A-Text I downloaded showd up to be fake. So, I downloaded the right one and now everything works fine. Not.

My new problem is that, everytime I resize a building, it will hang everytime I go into it in-game. The music will still play though, and it only seems to happen on buildings and caves since other locations (like Pallet Town) works fine if I resize them. Also, they work fine when I resize them to their original size, and I've tried with a "fresh" (unhacked) ROM, too.

try just using tiles in AM to make a bigger building instead of resizing tiles, which is what i think you are doing.

AvengedFury

Hacker In Training
Years
Another question hehe. I made a new building in my town and a new map for the contents of this building. I am trying to add a warp event outside the door but I can't get it to work. I read the tutorials but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: With a lot of help from Darthatron my warp problem is fixed. If anyone was interested in the problem... Instead of having a door, I had 2 pieces of a poll that looked like a door ><

Last edited:

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
Another question hehe. I made a new building in my town and a new map for the contents of this building. I am trying to add a warp event outside the door but I can't get it to work. I read the tutorials but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.

"Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)" is the title of this thread, so try to use "Search this thread" option first, because I recall right, I searched for an answer for MY question (or my previous question) and found someone else that had that problem. Try to find that post first using that function and see if it got answered (I don't remember if it did). And if not, it's a possiblity that it's because of the same reason that my resized buildings gets black.

try just using tiles in AM to make a bigger building instead of resizing tiles, which is what i think you are doing.

Well, I didn't even know that you could resize tiles. To be more exact, I use "Map width" and "Map height" in "Map dimensions" in the bottom corner in the category "Header" in Advance Map.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Why everyone says that Pokemon Emerald is bad for hacking??
I know its unstable, but besides that what more?

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Have you tried looking at the various info available at the Block Editor? Background/behaviour in particular.
Well, there are two others that are labeled in AdvanceMap: "Sand foot prints (with sandheaps)," behavior byte 0600, and just "Sand foot prints," behavior byte 2500. The former is used in Ruby in the desert along with background byte 00[blank] (this is normal for Ruby, I suppose..?) but I've tested both with my snow tiles and neither shows up at all.

The only thing I can think of is if some particular background byte needs to be active in FR for these other footprints to work. I guess I'll get around to testing them all eventually to see if this is the case, but it seems like a long shot and if that doesn't work I've no idea what else to do.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Well, I didn't even know that you could resize tiles. To be more exact, I use "Map width" and "Map height" in "Map dimensions" in the bottom corner in the category "Header" in Advance Map.

oh, well that re-sizes the map then, not the building. unless you were talking about the size of the indoors.

try making a new map and having the warp go there instead. then see if it works.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Just one simple question...where is the location of tile animations in Red Version? Yes, not FireRed, but Red. I've looked through it with TLP, but I couldn't find anything....

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello to everyone. Happy New Year in advance~

Anyways, I have a question...
I created a script that shows a picture of a PKMN through the command 'showpokepic'.
The pic looks fine, but when I talk to another guy who shows another pic of a PKMN, the palletes are messed up, and when I talk to the previous guy, the palletes of the PKMN he shows me is a mess as well...

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you in advance~

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I'm having a little problem with my emulator. It can play Firered ROM's, but not Ruby. I downloaded my ROM from a site I used before on my old computer, as I have changed computers. The Ruby one worked on my Computer, but not my Laptop. Firered works fine, but not RUby. Can anyone help?

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
And yes, I got AdvanceMap to work. I just had to wait. But I am, still, not satistified.

Still some questions to go:

1. Where do I find AGPix?
2. How do I choose what each character shall say (I know how to add and edit text which A-Text, however)
3. How do I edit events?
4. How do I add new maps to the game? (Maps as in the thing that shows the entire region or certain islands in the case of Sevii Islands, not places.)
5. How do I move new maps (maps as in locations) to the right folder/category?

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Me again. I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer, but how would I go about editing pokémon encounters, but by fishing? Game is Cystal, once again. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back