• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Ok so, I went to Celadon City, to the Game corner battled the rocket won, pressed the switch, battled more rockets got lift key
got silph scope,
beat Giovanni
battled Gary in Pokemon Tower, easy
Battled Marowak won easy,
beat team rocket,
Saved Mr. Fiji
caught a Cubone for trading purposes
went back to Route 5 to trade Cubone for Machoke, in trade Machoke evolved into Machamp
Defeat Erika
Current Party:

Ricky

Level 31
HP: 107
Highest Stat: Attack - 97
Lowest Stat: Speed - 42
Karate Chop
Leer
Low Kick

Altongmon
Level 40
HP: 128
Highest Stat: Attack - 98
Lowest Stat: Speed - 51
Karate Chop
Low Kick
Focus Energy
Rock Slide

Mangki
Level 41
HP: 126
Highest Stat: Attack - 107
Lowest Stat: Special - 64
Karate Chop
Focus Energy
Seismic Toss
Rage

killanotha1

Master Nothing
Years
<33 I stopped playing for a bit, but now I'm back on it!!

My current team;

Raticate; lvl 23
Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Tackle
Hyperfang

Fearow; lvl 23
Peck
Growl
Leer
Fury Attack

Jigglypuff; lvl 24
Pound
Sing
Disable
Doubleslap

I scared to use TMs for some reason D: Although I think I'll give in and teach someone Dig. >__> Lt. Surge!!!!!!!!!!

Oh speaking of which, I'm in the gym, getting ready to pwn his minions. I think I'll see if this can be done without any TMs. :3

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I started yesterday, as you can see my post. I have now:

Paras 23
Bodyslam
Rest
Dig
Leech Life

Beedrill 24
Poison Sting
Twineedle
Fury Attack
Bide (I didn't have room in my bag...)

Butterfree 29
Tackle
Sleep Powder
Confusion
Poison Powder
I started with Pokémon Red because I have played so much Blue and Yellow. I took Bug because I thought that it could be challenging, but now I have won Gary 3 times and I have never died to him. Brock was very easy. I didn't even lost any energy. I used Butterfree's (lvl13) Confusion 4-5 times and it was over.
Butterfree used Confusion.
Geodude used Defense Curl.
Butterfree used Confusion, Critical Hit! Geodude fainted!
Something same with Onix.
Misty was easy too I won her at first time (as Gary and Brock). Now I'm near Vermilion Gym and I'm going to need HM slave for Cut, let's catch a Pokémon!

StarXStruck

Gazzer at the Stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2009
Star Struck's Water Adventure
Character Name: Milo
Region:Kanto
Day 1

So Yeah I started Red today so here is what happened so far:
- Called myself Milo and my rival Kyle
- Went to the lab and chose Squirtle, nicknamed: ShellShock
- Walked all over Kyle and his Bulbasaur
- Set out to get the parcel for prof.Oak
- Got to Viridian City and obtained the parcel at the Pokemart
- Gave the parcel to Oak and I got the pokedex
- Went to Route 22 and trained untill ShellShock got to level 9 and learned Bubble
- Decided to skip the optional rival battle and went stright to the forest
- Breezed through the forest with ShellShock now level 13
- Forgot to heal and went to the gym to be killed by the gym trainer's Sandshrew
- Decided to kick my rival's ass as I was drove back to Viridian City
- Killed Pidgey in two hits but his Bulbasaur used leech seed while his Pidgey used a sand attack or two and that caused me to get a bit pissed but I kicked him to the cirb and ShellShock leveled up and learned Water Gun
- When through the forest again, but this time I healed after
- Went back to the gym and kicked the trainer's butt no prob
- I challenged Brock and 1 hit KO both of his pokemon with water Gun and also ShellShock evolved!

Actual blogs would be after this one, I am just really tired right now>.<

Current Team:
ShellShock/Warturtle
Level.16
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Bubble
- Water Gun

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
-Caught another Abra
-Got the Bike
-Went through Diglett Cave
-Traded it for a Mr. Mime called MARCUS
-Grinded on route 11
-Went through Rock Cave (without Flash)
-Came out in Lavender Town
-Went to Celadon City
-Cleared out Rocket Hideout
-Got Silph. Scope fro Giovanni
-Owned Erika
-"Rescued" Mr. Fuji from Lavender Tower
-Got the Poké Flute
-Moved the Snorlax on Silence Bridge
-Got the Super Rod
-Went back to Celadon City
-Headed down Cycling Road
-Ended up in Fuchsia City
-Went into the Safari Zone
-Caught a Slowpoke called Ricky
-TO BE CONTINUED...

CURRENT TEAM

Kineshisu
Spr_1b_064.png

Lv42
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 117
Lowest Stat: ATTACK 49

Cosmo
Spr_1b_064.png

Lv38
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 115
Lowest Stat: DEFENCE 39

Derren
Spr_1b_096.png

Lv20
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 44
Lowest Stat: ATTACK 27

MARCEL
Spr_1b_122.png

Lv33
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 87
Lowest Stat: ATTACK 45

Ricky
Spr_1b_079.png

Lv15
Highest Stat: ATTACK/DEFENCE 28
Lowest Stat: SPEED 14

UPDATE
I completely wiped the floor with Koga, after all he does use poison types. I headed up to Saffron City where I beat the blackbelts of the dojo and cleared out Silph. Co of Rockets with little difficulty other than actually finding my way around. I had a bit of trouble with Sabrina but still took her out. I then headed back to Viridian City where I easily took out Giovanni by spamming Ricky's Surf. I then had very little trouble getting through Victory Road but had my first failure against Lance :o

CURRENT TEAM

Kineshisu
Spr_1b_064.png

Lv48
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 136
Lowest Stat: ATTACK 57

Cosmo
Spr_1b_064.png

Lv45
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 137
Lowest Stat: DEFENCE 48

Derren
Spr_1b_096.png

Lv23
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 50
Lowest Stat: ATTACK 30

MARCEL
Spr_1b_122.png

Lv48
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 128
Lowest Stat: DEFENCE 81

Ricky
Spr_1b_079.png

Lv49
Highest Stat: DEFENCE 137
Lowest Stat: SPEED 63

Just so I know for when I want Slowking, how do you get the 2nd ROM to load a save in TGB Dual? I can get 2 open but the second one acts as if there is no save, I have a .SAV and .SA2 file in the save folder so that shouldn't be the problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Ah, what the heck. I'm going to catch that Zapdos, just so I can destroy every living fiber of that evil Sandslash.

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2011
What the heck ill do a ground type challenge. Starting In the red rom

Woke up In my room. went down stairs to find out that Today was my day to get my Pokemon! Oh no! i forgot about today! I checked Oak's lab to find out that He wasn't there. I Went looking for him In the grass outside of pallet, and then he ran into me. He gave me my first Pokemon Charmander (Named Charzlave :P) Blue my rival popped up with a squirtle And challenge me to a battle.. I lost. oh well.

I walked on Route one without running into any Pokemon. Hm... I need some poke-balls if im going to become a poke master! went into to the mart to find out That there is a package for oak and they want me to Deliver it... great our poke-mart personal is lazy to travel for a few minutes... oh well. Walked all the way back jumping over the ledges. When i got there the Prof. seems Very happy and gave me (Red) and Blue pokedexs! wow I'm lucky today!

I'm finding Charzlave Doesn't like to fight so im going to capture something better. Woah! a wild Nidoran(m) popped up! I'm going to catch it! Wow... Epic fail i crit K.O it... just my luck. What the? a Nidoran(F) popped up This time im going to catch it! Woot! sucessefuly captured Nidoran(F) and named it Groundquen. (Pronounced Ground-Qwen)
Yeah i found Nidoran(M) again! it doesn't seem to like me much, but i will convince it! Another successful catch! named int Groundking. Deposit Charzlave. Did some training for a bit.
Current team so far:
Nidoran(M) level 10
rbspr032.png

Highest Stat: Attack 19
Lowest stat: Special 13

Nidoran(F) Level 10

rbspr029.png

Highest Stat: Defense 18
Lowest Stat: Special 14

Hm... Let explore the road that my two Nidos were on! what the? Blue? A battle alright! Wow My two Nidos swept him with ease.Hm.. The indigo league sounds interesting... To become a master i need to win this challenge! Off to the rock gym with the leader brock!.

Before i left Viridain city, a crazy old man should me how to catch a pokemon...which i already know how to. Viridian Forest is crawling with bug pokemon... and bug trainers... all swept aside by my Double Nido squad! Thew! made it to Pewter city! Next time I'm taking on Brock and his Rock pokemon!
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
Years
Okay yall I completed Pokemon Crystal today and started Ruby, I bring you proof of my victory in Crystal, both over The Elite Four and Red!
View attachment 48742

So far in Ruby I have a Tailow, a Slakoth and a Whimsur. I haven't fought Roxanne yet either but I will tonight.

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2011
Brock the leader how uses rock!
Went outside to train My Nidos. Current team:

Nidorana level 1
moz-screenshot-2.png
rbspr030.png

Highest Stat: Defense 32
Lowest Stat: Special 24

Nidorino Level 16
rbspr033.png

Highest Stat: Attack 34
Lowest Stat: Special 24

I took advantage of Brock's bine to lower Onix defense. Heres the link to the battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFSkMSX1j3w
The Water Leader Misty!
Destroyed everyone on route (4?) Now Entering Mt Moon... Gahh! too many Zubat! there attacking from everywhere! take cover! *Trips* what the... it is a moon stone! But which One should i evolve? hm.. ill decide later. what the... Who are those men in Black outfits... Team Rocket? Uh oh... They better be ready for me! I Got rid of team rocket in Mt moon. time to fight the Cruealean City Gym leader misty! But before that... Nugget Bridge! huh? Blue? what is he doing here? What you want to fight me? fine ill Destroy you! (Forgot to record the battle.. sorry) Won the battle against my rival. Also Destroyed all the trainers to bills place. I will Put the Video of Misty's battle tomorrow.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Ok. Here's my new pokémon list.

Scyther L26 (I saw many after first one, so I caught two)
Sctyher L29 (This one was first hard to find)
Venomoth L34 (Not so good yet)
Beedrill L40 (this one is good)
Butterfree L41 (Best one at the moment...)
Parasect L42 (...with Parasect)

I am now Fuchsia and now I am going to beat Sabrina next. I hope I win this game fast because I want to play G/S/C :D Can I play those with my phone? I have a phone emulator.

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
Maybe I'm a bit confused but wanted to clear some things up before I try these:
. When starting your journey in each game, you will have to play the game using just your starter Pokemon. Then, once you gain access to the first available Pokemon of your type, continue from then on with only that type. You can use your starter to help with training these Pokemon, but cease using it in gym battles at this point.
So even if I was to say try to do Fire, and chose Charmander as my first, then it would be disallowed? O_O?

Also if I was to use a pokemon outside of my type for HMs, let's say for a Fire Red rom and I was doing Fire, I couldn't have say
Pidgey with Fly
Tentacool with Surf and Cut
Something else with strength, and so on as long as I couldn't use them IN battle?

In addition what counts as completion for like Fire Red, the Elite 4 or the Sevii Islands?

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2011

The Water Leader Misty! Part two
Here is the link to my video of me Destroying misty in one attack. (Technically it was one attack :P) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF7Js5bQbbQ
The Cut master and Lt. Surge!
After winning the easiest battle of all my pokemon mater career i head for Lt. Surge. Hm? What this? a Team rocket grunt stole a TM? Ill get it back! Team rocket grunt ran away after i beat him. he gave me the TM...WOOT! Once in Vermilion City I Went to Digletts Cave and got me a Diglett. Pretty speedy for a guy who has to dig also :P. Went on board the SS. Anne and Fought Blue again! (forgot to record...again...) Diglett also evolved into Dugtrio! Current team.

Nidoking level 26
rbspr034.png

Highest Stat: Attack 64
Lowest Stat: Special 48

Nidorana level 24
rbspr030.png

Highest Stat: Defense 47
Lowest Stat: Speed 35

Dugtrio level 26
rbspr051.png

Highest Stat: Speed 74
Lowest Stat: Defense 34

Tomorrow i will Take on LT. Surge

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
Years
To Light Slei- I'm pretty sure your allowed to use a started if it is your type, and yes you can use HM Slaves (Like Zigzagoon w/ Surf, Cut, And Rock Smash even if your doing like... a fire challenge) and I suggest you use red instead of fire red, it's a lot more fun....

AN UPDATE- My Slakoth, Whimsur, and Tailow all evolved and I defeated Brawly, I also caught three zigzagoons just as HM slaves and Pick Up Slaves! :D!

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021

The Water Leader Misty! Part two

Here is the link to my video of me Destroying misty in one attack. (Technically it was one attack :P) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF7Js5bQbbQ
The Cut master and Lt. Surge!

After winning the easiest battle of all my pokemon mater career i head for Lt. Surge. Hm? What this? a Team rocket grunt stole a TM? Ill get it back! Team rocket grunt ran away after i beat him. he gave me the TM...WOOT! Once in Vermilion City I Went to Digletts Cave and got me a Diglett. Pretty speedy for a guy who has to dig also :P. Went on board the SS. Anne and Fought Blue again! (forgot to record...again...) Diglett also evolved into Dugtrio! Current team.

Nidoking level 26
rbspr034.png

Highest Stat: Attack 64
Lowest Stat: Special 48

Nidorana level 24
rbspr030.png

Highest Stat: Defense 47
Lowest Stat: Speed 35

Dugtrio level 26
rbspr051.png

Highest Stat: Speed 74
Lowest Stat: Defense 34

Tomorrow i will Take on LT. Surge
Why didnt you get a nidoqueen....there's 2 Moon Stones in Mt.Moon You can always go back and get it :D.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Redumt.png

I accidently beat Scott (his name is revealed :shocked:) while training :laugh:

I'll start on Silver tomorrow

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
question: i want to become steel. but for the first generation, can i use pokemon that will become steel, like magneton, onix, scyther? or alternatively rock for 1st gen?

also, can you use only 3 pokemon? because i prefer it that way, that's why!

Can i use pokemon from other generations?

answer my previous question because i want to start ASAP\

EDIT: NOOOOOOOO!!!!! i cant use steel types because of one of the rules... *depression*
i dont want to do this without steel...
now i cant decide... poison? ice? bug?

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Depends. Like it's been said before, if you dump the roms yourself, you'll be fine. But downloading some free rom from somewhere random on the internet - Well, that is actually illegal, although that might depend on where you live. (Not sure, though..)
VBA is perfectly legal, though. As far as I know, anyway.

However, the chances of "being caught" (I'm Danish, didn't know how else to phrase it?) are practically non-existing, but still, that doesn't make it legal, of course.

Erm, no. Downloading a free ROM off of the internet is NOT illegal, as the person with the ROM bought the game. If the person sells it for cash, then it IS illegal, because it is Nintendo's game, and they didn't buy the rights to it.

As for my run, one more week! I want to finish Red quickly...

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
To Light Slei- I'm pretty sure your allowed to use a started if it is your type, and yes you can use HM Slaves (Like Zigzagoon w/ Surf, Cut, And Rock Smash even if your doing like... a fire challenge) and I suggest you use red instead of fire red, it's a lot more fun....

AN UPDATE- My Slakoth, Whimsur, and Tailow all evolved and I defeated Brawly, I also caught three zigzagoons just as HM slaves and Pick Up Slaves! :D!

The lack of color bothers my eyes, I tried playing red, and yellow not too long ago >.<. I'll just consider the E4 beating it in Fire Red and Hoenn, I need to find a working rom for either Diamond/Pearl/Platinum so I can record it, and Johto I assume it means beating red. After I finish Liquid Crystal at the moment I'll do a few then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back