• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
A couple questions...

1. How would I go about inserting an animated overworld sprite into Emerald? It doesn't have to be animated, but it would be nice, as I want it took look like it's sparkling, since it's gold. I'd prefer to not download a million things as well.

2. I have looked EVERYWHERE for a scripting tutorial that covers how to change the introduction to the game (the part where the prof talks to you about pokemon, and then you start the game in the truck.) but haven't been able to find one.

A link to a decent tutorial would be fine, if it's gonna take a long time to explain.

Thanks!

1. Only possible using ASM I think.

2. AdvanceText + IntroED + SMCA

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
i applied the fire red hacked engine to my game and it erases all of the people in the game now the issue is i used the original pokemon center from route 4 i added in the nurse joy script and the two level scripts when i use this pokemon center and then die i dont go to it i go to the one in the town before it

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
You would have to script the whole introduction from scratch.
No, I don't think that's possible. What he need to do is manually HEX edit it. I've tried it, so it's possible. You just need a table file to translate your text.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Don't even know where to begin when it comes to Hex editing. lol
Its pretty easy when editing just the text. You should read some tutorials. I'll try to post one concerning the problem you're having. I don't promise, though.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
1. Only possible using ASM I think.

Please, please don't answer questions unless you know the answer to them. There's already plenty of misinformation out there. We don't need more people to help spread it.

To answer the original question, it really depends on the exact system that you want to implement. If you want a stationary object, you can set the behavior of the OW to "walking on the spot" to achieve a rudimentary animation. However, it might be a better idea to simply create a new tile animation and have the "OW" be part of the map instead. If you want the animated sprite to move, then a more complicated solution would be necessary and it would need to be tailored specifically to your needs.

As for your second question, I recommend that you get yourself a table file and a hex editor. Then just run a text search for some of the intro text and edit away.

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years
I STILL need help with this question..

I am going to create a new hidden item. So I should put in a random number? But if the number is already used, will I get a message or something or what? If not, how do I know which ID I can use? Do I have to count all of them in the rom or what hah

So?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I STILL need help with this question..

So?

Well, if I were you, I'd start from that ID of 01, and just go from there. :3
After all, if you plan on using items already in Fired Red, and you've used the ID, you can change it to an unused one. So starting from 01 would be your best bet. :3

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well, if I were you, I'd start from that ID of 01, and just go from there. :3
After all, if you plan on using items already in Fired Red, and you've used the ID, you can change it to an unused one. So starting from 01 would be your best bet. :3

I just checked and I think the first Hidden ID is actually '0x00' (the Potion at the end of Viridian Forest). However, after that, it jumps straight to '0x70' (and continues with '0x71' on Route 3). From what I can tell, the numbers jump around a lot so it's probably best to use whatever IDs the game uses by default.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
One question i am hacking and in advance map i want to create warps and such and everytime i create a warp (and yeah i write the numbers right) it said map does not exist and so i thought i am writting really the numbers wrong but than i tried existing tiles and there it said that the maps dont exists too i dont know why
nevermind that question:D
it seems tha amap have has the fault
but another question than...which is the offset for the fr battleboxes
if someone knows

Last edited:

Chaosdarkria7

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2011
Help,
I recently downloaded Yape, but I got an error.
I tried fixing it, and succeeded, but then I got a different error that said:

"Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"

I've tried fixing it, but I can't.

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I need a bit of help with ROM Hacking!

Heya!
So I am somewhat new to this ROM hacking stuff...
I am using quite a few tools that I have already found in the forums.
I am getting the hang of scripts, maps, warps....
Using YAPE I am able to change the dex entries, easy!
But I am having a big problem with sprites....
I get a lot of palette errors....what am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks to anyone who can help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back