• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
And you know, now that I think about it, Luxray kind of looks like it could be Dark-type. It doesn't necessarily "scream it" like Seviper does, but, if it were to be Dark/Electric, I could see it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
And you know, now that I think about it, Luxray kind of looks like it could be Dark-type. It doesn't necessarily "scream it" like Seviper does, but, if it were to be Dark/Electric, I could see it.

I agree entirely! I was very surprised when I found out Luxray was a pure Electric type (similar to Eelektross, he definitely should've been Dark too), though perhaps they just didn't want him to turn out too similar to Poochyena and Mightyena? Based On Luxray's design I think he strikes the tone of "Hey guys, I'm a bad guy" pretty well, and he's certainly no stranger to using his teeth for moves like Bite and Crunch. Would be be good as a Dark/Electric type? I personally think this would give him quite a (well needed!) boost, so yes, I'd love to see Luxray get ahead of the crowd with this extra typing. :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Have you guys heard about the potential new Dark/Psychic type? To me it's just... confusing. :p

Hm that sounds interesting for a typing, though I haven't heard of that one yet. It's odd since Dark?Psychic are complete opposites. Both are weak to Bug so that 4x weakness would be a pain. Though it's not the first time their's been a Pokemon with contradicting typing. There's Carracosta, Corsola, and Relicanth being Water/Rock, making them 4 times weak to Grass, and Volcarona being Bug/Fire which makes it 4x weak to Rock and a 2x weakness to Water and Flying. Though Volcarona's still strong despite the weakness and Carracosta's pretty decent too. Vocarona specifically has excellent stats and great movepool so this new Dark/Psychic could end up being a great fighter if given the right amount of stat balance. It could also be one of the few Dark-types who could fend of Fightning types and not be very effective against it's moves.

I still loved to see a Dark/Electric type and agree that Luxray should of been one. It practically stands out as being dark to me.

And I think we need a new topic:

How many Dark-types would you like to see introduced in X and Y?

I hope for at least 5 but I've love for more. It seem they never add much Dark types each generation and they could get more attention so I'd love more than 5. Maybe about 7-10 this time , but I could be a bit exaggerating.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I would like to see no less than 5 pokes. From 5-7 would be ok for me. I'm praying for cool combinations and decent stats.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
To be honest, I don't mind how many they introduce- in my eyes, it's quality over quantity. You could have 10 dark-type Pokemon for example, that are extremely bad and poorly-designed or one outstanding dark-type introduced, that has a fairly good design and is well-thought out. I'd rather take the one outstanding dark-type personally. Overall though, I'd say I would like to see 4 introduced, excluding evolutions and such. I'm just personally hoping that they have good designs, movepools and in general an interesting role in the game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
To be honest, I don't mind how many they introduce- in my eyes, it's quality over quantity. You could have 10 dark-type Pokemon for example, that are extremely bad and poorly-designed or one outstanding dark-type introduced, that has a fairly good design and is well-thought out. I'd rather take the one outstanding dark-type personally. Overall though, I'd say I would like to see 4 introduced, excluding evolutions and such. I'm just personally hoping that they have good designs, movepools and in general an interesting role in the game.
This'd be my opinion too. Although a surplus of cool Dark types would be awesome, I'd much rather see 2 or 3 amazing ones to use than lots of "dark by default" Pokémon. If they really hone in on what it means to be a Dark type they'll be able to make some masterpieces for this generation; the kind of things you'll always want to use on your team. I think the best two examples of these for me are Mightyena and Weavile, but unfortunately they're both pretty rubbish Pokémon (Mightyena more-so) and they can't see much use as a result, so if they could design a usable Dark type Pokémon with similar themes, I'd be incredibly happy haha.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
True but every generation of Pokemon can't be full of amazing and overpowered Pokemon. Keep in mind, people use Pokemon as pets and for labor and all that other kind of stuff. Not just battling. Sure, when in terms of the games, most of that stuff is irrelivent but, Pokemon is so much bigger than just the games. So Dark type Pokemon like Mightyena, is more like a pet. Weavile I've actually leveled up to 100 and currently use it on my team, and it isn't so bad. Could be a lot better arguably, but it isn't terrible. I would like to see about 7 or 8 new Dark types, not including the whole evolution chain. Two, maybe three, "cute" or non-competitive Pokemon, Two average Pokemon, and the rest are more competitive. And at least one of them being Dark/Fairy, that way I can check out the new type but, stay within my "comfort" range.

Eme

Cooler than thou
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Username: Eme
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they're cool.
Your partners: (Up to two) Bisharp
What Types rule: Dark Types rule!
Answer the current topic: Well, I don't really see a pattern with the Fairy types. Marill really threw me off. But, going off of looks, I guess Sableye could be Dark/Fairy.

thefallendetective

-johnlocked-
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Hello, I'd like to join the club please! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Username: thefallendetective
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Although dark types are known for having cool looks, many
of the basic pokemon are really cute and they move on to evolving into powerful, dark forces!
Your partners: Scraggy and Pawniard
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule!! ヽ(・∀・)ノ

At least three with evolutions! And I'd love to see a dark/fairy typing. Wonder how that'll turn out! (・∀・*)ゝ

Zoka

Rocket grunt
Years
Username:Zoka
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: dark types have always been reliable in the pokemon games ive played
Your partners:houndour
What Types rule: dark types of coarse
Answer the current topic: dark/fairy and i don't know what it will look like but it would be awesome anyway and ithink there should be another evolution for absol

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: dark types have always been reliable in the pokemon games ive played
Answer the current topic: dark/fairy and i don't know what it will look like but it would be awesome anyway and ithink there should be another evolution for absol

Welcome aboard! Dark types are certainly a reliable type to count on, they can inflict damage extremely fast and they're quite a useful type with moves such as Sucker Punch, Switcheroo and all sorts of things. Houndour is an interesting choice, I remember using one in Platinum a while ago, ended up being my highest-levelled Pokemon in any game so far.

I'd like to see some sort of evolution for Absol too! Perhaps this sort of wolf-like phantom creature or such.

Treecko

Years
Yeah I agree with you. As much as I'd like alot of new Dark types, 5 is a good number. If they make a bunch just to add more Dark types, then some may not be as good of quality as others.

Username: Eme
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they're cool.
Your partners: (Up to two) Bisharp
What Types rule: Dark Types rule!
Answer the current topic: Well, I don't really see a pattern with the Fairy types. Marill really threw me off. But, going off of looks, I guess Sableye could be Dark/Fairy.

Welcome to the club Eme and thank you for putting a link to the club in your signature! Good advertising is good.

Hello, I'd like to join the club please! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Username: thefallendetective
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Although dark types are known for having cool looks, many
of the basic pokemon are really cute and they move on to evolving into powerful, dark forces!
Your partners: Scraggy and Pawniard
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule!! ヽ(・∀・)ノ

At least three with evolutions! And I'd love to see a dark/fairy typing. Wonder how that'll turn out! (・∀・*)ゝ

Welcome all three of you. I think we could use a new topic:

Do you think any Dark type moves will be changed to the Fairy type?

Personally no, I don't think so. They don;t normally retype moves as much and I don't see any moves being changed to Fairy. If Moonlight was a Dark type move, then yes, cause I think Moonlight could become a Fairy type move since it seems a lot of Fairy moves are/will be moon-based and draw from moon power.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

I don't personally think so. The only one I could really see being changed to fairy-type is perhaps Embargo? Embargo seems like a magical move in a sense, to stop your opponent from using items is quite hard, if you think about it. That or Fake Tears. Fairy-type Pokemon could use their charm to catch the opponent off guard, probably.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Username: Manadhon
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types are my personal favorite, and I even spend some of my free time breeding high-quality Absol
Your partners: Absol
What Types rule: Dark types of course!
I can't see that happening, it doesn't fit the Dark type profile,at least in my opinion.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Well, my opinion at first glance, that not going to happen. If they decide to, I think that Fake Tears and Flatter could be the propers. In the Dark-type side, Fake Tears recall that unreal way to get something. On the other hand, can resemble that fairy innocence that serve as vehicle to achieve a purpose. Under the Dark-type, Flatter can seem as an unreal act to make someone proud of something. The fairies can do the same act in a real way trying to make the target happy. The first one is unexpected and unreal; the second is real, but it keeps you thinking about what could happen next. Just like receiving candies from someone, the intentions can be real, but the act confuse.

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
Username: Manadhon
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types are my personal favorite, and I even spend some of my free time breeding high-quality Absol
Your partners: Absol
What Types rule: Dark types of course!
I can't see that happening, it doesn't fit the Dark type profile,at least in my opinion.

Welcome to the club manadhon!! You'll enjoy it here.

Well, my opinion at first glance, that not going to happen. If they decide to, I think that Fake Tears and Flatter could be the propers. In the Dark-type side, Fake Tears recall that unreal way to get something. On the other hand, can resemble that fairy innocence that serve as vehicle to achieve a purpose. Under the Dark-type, Flatter can seem as an unreal act to make someone proud of something. The fairies can do the same act in a real way trying to make the target happy. The first one is unexpected and unreal; the second is real, but it keeps you thinking about what could happen next. Just like receiving candies from someone, the intentions can be real, but the act confuse.

I don't personally think so. The only one I could really see being changed to fairy-type is perhaps Embargo? Embargo seems like a magical move in a sense, to stop your opponent from using items is quite hard, if you think about it. That or Fake Tears. Fairy-type Pokemon could use their charm to catch the opponent off guard, probably.

I agree with both of you with Fake Tears cause and Flatter are two of the only ones that possibly be changed. Flatter doesn't seems like something a Dark-type Pokemon would do if they're considered mischievous. It's more of a compliment to make someone like you more. And Fake Tears could be used by Fairy-types to show their charm and innocents and then through the opponent off guard as Narnia said. So could Flatter.

Zoka

Rocket grunt
Years
in my opinion i don't see Pokemon changing dark type moves to fairy moves but more or less just making new moves and them having the same or about the same effect but i could be wrong intirely if they have already done it. I've never played any of the latest games i stopped at heartgold and soulsilver and went back to the originals

Treecko

Years
Ok I think we should have a new topic now.

There's rumors going around that Sableye will be getting a evolution in Pokemon X and Y/ Gen VI. It's set to appear in the 16th Pokemon movie: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens
and is shown in numerous posters for it.

Spoiler:

It has recently been said a new Pokemon named Orotto was revealed in a recently shown trailer for Mewtwo's Awakening . It's yet to be confirmed and there's no images of it yet so take it with a grain of salt, but there's speculation going around that it's an evolution for Sableye.

Since Sableye's a Dark type Pokemon, I thought ask a new topic for all this.

Do you think Sableye will get an evolution in Pokemon X and Y?If so, do you think it's the rumored Pokemon Orotto?

Go nuts and discuss while I add new users lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back