• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I hate seeing bad parenting. I couldn't imagine having children like some of the ones I see running around and screaming when they don't get what they want... I mostly blame the parents for not disciplining the child.

Years
Those leashes...I mean we went a long time without having to leash our young, why is it a problem now? I remember seeing a kid in the mall with it on, and just like people I see with dogs, the parent was not paying attention and just jerking them along when they stop to look at something. :| It's really upsetting to me.

droomph

weeb
Years
But there is always too much of a good thing. For example the IBC (or whatever) says to "beat your child into submission", and that "if your kid doesn't have bruises, you're not beating them enough". I just think that's going a little overboard with parenting. I mean, a slap or two to remind your kid that he's supposed to behave is fine, but that's just going a bit too far. And also they degrade women, which is another reason I hate them. They are shameful to all Christians tbqh...people like them give us, the "normal" (I am not saying I am better than them; I am merely saying I am part of the majority) Christians a bad rap.

Anywho, I think there's a thing as too much discipline.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I think bad kids come from bad parents most of the time. They're a sponge.

I have a lot of cousins of varying ages and varying parenting styles - and by extension, varying levels of behaviour.

On a side note....

I went to see Spider-Man the other day. A mom brought her baby in a stroller. Why the hell would you do that? It's a loud movie. Of course the kid is going to be afraid and cry his little head off the whole time. I'm not mad at the kid, I'm mad at the idiotic mom.

On an airplane, we all hate the crying kid and pray we don't wind up next to one. But, pay attention next time one's going off. Is there anything to entertain them? A smart parent would bring something. A small puzzle, a stuffed animal, something small and fun that fits in a carry on. Every flight I've been on with with a crying kid has been the result of pure boredom. Nothing to do. The parents don't even try to calm them down and play paddycake or something. Just pretend nothing is happening.

Just... stupid.

I think the leash is kind of weird, but at the same time... is it that different from placing them in that buckleable seat in the grocery buggy?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I for one love child leashes. I think they're an amazing idea and it's always hilarious to see them used in public lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think they mess up any child so I don't really care haha. It's surprisingly hard to raise a child that can't become a productive member of society, they're a lot tougher than everyone imagines hahah.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm totally not stealing 10 years of an artist's work in 30 minutes

Yeah, me too. I'd rather lose them and have them learn a lesson than to never teach them anything but remain safe.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Id rather temporarily misplace my child than subject them to a child leash.
Really? :( Getting lost somewhere as a kid is pretty terrifying. Granted, it might not be as bad for the age level where they would be on a leash (I've never seen a kid over ~3 in one) since they might not even understand what's going on when they get lost. I imagine it's pretty awful as a parent for your kid to go missing in public too, even if only briefly. :P You were probably speaking rather jokingly but I see this opinion a lot, so...

I don't see a problem with the leashes. o_O; What's wrong with wanting to let your kid walk beside you and keep them close without having to stare at them the entire time you have them out of your arms. I don't see it as degrading or anything. It's not like it's attached to a collar around their neck like a dog--it's a full harness like what you would wear strapped around you to carry a child no-hands except it has a leash attachment.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Live, you speak very obviously from the point of view of a non-parent. XD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Andy your signature does not reflect your post.

Years
I just think Andy is depressed when I look at his signature. I look at signatures like the person is that theme.

Toujour has blond, curly hair. Erica wears crazy short shorts with her favourite cherrim and Mr Cat Dog is a smoking hot red head... wait...​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love this theme, it makes all my posts bubbly and I think about my favorite game at the same time! :3 This is easily my favorite theme that I've ever made hahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back