• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_Bones

Lazuli Version Creator
Years
Setting the capture rate to 0 will make it uncatchable, but I think a Master Ball can still catch it. YOu'll need to find the script that makes the Pokemon dodge the ball, like the Marowak ghost in FR/LG.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Is there a way to decompress all graphics in Pokemon Gold?
You mean something like the title screen patch? Not unless you write your own decompressor that outputs in the Game Boy tile format, and find the locations of or pointers to all compressed files in the game.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've got a map problem/connection problem?
Whenever im about to leave a route the game restarts, I tried making an alternative map but it does the same thing. Is it my rom or something wrong with the map?
(the map has no level scripts btw)
It might not be a problem with the connections. Are there any people with the Movement Type Look Down or Hidden? That could be what is causing the problem.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I am once again experienciing a problem when using my TLP on my Crystal. I know the offsets are off but I don't understand the source of the problems or why it works as it does. When I enter an offset that I've recorded from the bottom of the TLP screen from before and enter it later in the "Go to" screen and click hex and ask to go to it the TLP sends me to the very end of the TLP bitmap. Why is it going all the way to the bottom instead of the address(hex) it was asked to go to? If the offsets are off what do I do?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I am once again experienciing a problem when using my TLP on my Crystal. I know the offsets are off but I don't understand the source of the problems or why it works as it does. When I enter an offset that I've recorded from the bottom of the TLP screen from before and enter it later in the "Go to" screen and click hex and ask to go to it the TLP sends me to the very end of the TLP bitmap. Why is it going all the way to the bottom instead of the address(hex) it was asked to go to? If the offsets are off what do I do?
That should only happen if you've entered an offset greater than the size of the rom file.

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Is there any way to make a Pokemon totally uncatchable, even with a master ball?

yes, when setting the pokemon in a map using Amap change the frequency to 0 wich means there is no chance of catching the monster making it much like a missing no.

That should only happen if you've entered an offset greater than the size of the rom file.

offsets are 8alphanumerics consisting of 0-9 and A-F and I entered one after recording it exactly as shown at the bottom of the TLP so I don't understand why this is happening.

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Hi! I don't knowe if this was answered?...but...kkkkkhow do you make a blackout script?
(I know this should go to help script thread...)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Elow pipz...
I got a question here, which is really annoying... -__-

Why can't I use some of the hacking tools to work with my computer while I can use them in other computers?
Is it because of the fact that I have a Windows XP Home Edition? :\

thankies in advance~

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Elow pipz...

Why can't I use some of the hacking tools to work with my computer while I can use them in other computers?

thankies in advance~

well you could be more specific one what tools they are and what the OS on the other Comp is. I use both Win XP Home and Pro and they work fine, but some of my tools dont work on a Mac....

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
well you could be more specific one what tools they are and what the OS on the other Comp is. I use both Win XP Home and Pro and they work fine, but some of my tools dont work on a Mac....

well, the other computers I think were XP Professional? I think... :\

I only have the home edition...
also, the tools which doesn't work here are YAPE and OverWorld Resizer and A-Text... Sappy as well... -___-

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hi! I don't knowe if this was answered?...but...kkkkkhow do you make a blackout script?
(I know this should go to help script thread...)
What do you mean by a black out script? Fadescreen 1 fades the screen to black.

Elow pipz...

thankies in advance~
You're probably missing dependancies (.ocx, .dll files) on your XP Home Edition.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I've got a major problem here...

When I edit the map of Route 111 in Emerald and then load the game, it sometimes shows up uneditted.
I know you cant be in the same map you're editting, but thats not the case.
It's kinda hard to explain...

Say, I save in the Trainer Hill tower thingy, then edit Route 111, then load the rom and exit the building, it randomly shows the origional uneditted route 111.
But sometimes it will show the editted version, its all very weird!

And another problem, if I make the map larger, the character sometimes gets stuck at the point at which Mauville city connects to route 111.

Any1 know any answers? Please?

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
just had a thought. Is the titlescreen the only compressed thing in gold?

Daniel A.

PokePower!
Years
Well when I open my ROM and I try to edit someone using PET, it doesn't show any pictures and something pop's up that says

Run Time Error '76'

Path not found: 'pics/pkmn-060.bmp

Then it closes the window...
What should I do? I really need to edit it..I just want to change his onix to a steelix..@_@

Thanks,
-Daniel A.

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Well when I open my ROM and I try to edit someone using PET, it doesn't show any pictures and something pop's up that says

Run Time Error '76'

Path not found: 'pics/pkmn-060.bmp

Then it closes the window...
What should I do? I really need to edit it..I just want to change his onix to a steelix..@_@

Thanks,
-Daniel A.

If that is all there is a tutorial on changing the trainer using hex so you can look that up in the document and tutorials section. It'll only take a bit more time but if its that one thing then...

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012

well, the other computers I think were XP Professional? I think... :\

I only have the home edition...
also, the tools which doesn't work here are YAPE and OverWorld Resizer and A-Text... Sappy as well... -___-

Yea, I had he same problem, just download .NET Framework, 2.0 should work but I recommend 3.0(Google .NET Framework download)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back