• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Time vs Space vs Antimatter!

Which of the Creation Trio did you like best?

• Dialga

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Palkia

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Giratina

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • All 3!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
In the Sinnoh Region, you have the chance to encounter 2 really strong legendary Pokemon. These Pokemon are also the mascot Pokemon, and are the beings of space, Palkia, and the master of time, Dialga. Depending on whether you bought Pearl or Diamond respectively, you got to shake hands with one of these beasts of the universe. But, there was a hidden third member of the trio...a shadowy thing in control of the antimatter of the universe. Giratina. Unlike the two, it was special. It had access to its own little realm, and a new forme. Anyway...

Which one do you prefer? Which one did you like using more? Who did you meet first? Post and discuss below~ :)

I personally really liked Dialga. It had the best concept to me, being a being of time, and was the first of the 3 I got to battle. I also liked its typing, Steel/Dragon doesn't get passed around too often. :p

Years
Dialga is better than the rest, gg no re.

Speaking of Giratina...
Cyrus: I, Cyrus, won't have any more interferererererere...!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally like Giratina, due to its design; it's very intimidating. Plus, it has an extra form, which makes it even more awesome in my eyes. :] Second favorite would probably have to be Dialga.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I personally really liked Dialga. It had the best concept to me, being a being of time, and was the first of the 3 I got to battle. I also liked its typing, Steel/Dragon doesn't get passed around too often. :p

Dialga! For these reasons. Although I am probably biased as it is the one that I encountered the most, both in the main series games (I have 2 copies of Diamond and played each a TON of times) and in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (I have probably played Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky each 1000 times). I always think anything that done well that has to do with time is always intriguing, since it's such a tricky concept to mess with.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Dialga. I don't know why I prefer it to the other two, but I think it has something to do with Diamond being my first 4th gen game. :)

Years
Although Palkia is my fave type, I voted Dialga because Diamond was the first of the games I played and I liked its color scheme better, the blue really looks beautiful compared to the pink on Palkia, and I always thought Giratina's design looked overdone.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Giratina may not be the bulkiest, or the better battler of the three, but it sure does have a ton of uniqueness to it. For example, it didn't get much attention in DP but when Pl came out it had its own story dedicated to itself, its own world, battle theme, form, and the amount of work they went for this creature is truly outstanding.

Years
Dialga was my favorite of the Creation Trio, although it is one of my least favorite mascot legendaries, mainly because their designs are very close to crossing the line between Pokemon and Digimon in my opinion, but I digress. The concept of representing time is pretty unique and remains to be as of now, and the sleek, modern look of Dialga definitely beat out the odd coloring and aesthetic design of Palkia. Giratina was alright! Nothing special there; I prefer his original form. When I first saw an image of Giratina, I thought it would be Dragon/Bug. n__n

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
My favorite is Giratina, followed by Dialga, and followed by Palkia (even though I was planning on buying Pearl until I heard the updated third version, Platinum was coming out) design wise. Also battling wise I find Dialga and Giratina to be more useful than Palkia.

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I loved Dialga, probably because my first 4th gen game was Diamond. And - shallow reason alert - when I went to the Pokedex and checked its weight against mine, the PC sprite bounced. It's just funny. XD

Also, Dialga's design is boss.

Time has always been more fascinating to me, as compared to space. I mean, I love the idea of time traveling more than actual traveling. There's so many stories to be told in the past, the future...

I found a level 70 Giratina in my Diamond when I was like, nine, and I was just super creeped out by Wayward Cave and everything. The ghosts, the mists, the bones...*shudder.* But then I read a fic about Giratina being PokeSatan and the PC rehabilitating it and everything, and now I look at it in a different light.

Years
Palkia has always been my favorite of the three, its design has always appealed the most to me and i've found it really cool. Dialga is cool also, but Palkia's Spacial Rend and orbital concept to it does more for me.

Years
Before I played Platinum I preferred Dialga cos of its appearance, he looked awesome, and I liked it's power over time. But now after playing Platinum I'll go with Giratina, I absolutely love it. Also, Giratina lives in Distortion world which happens to have become one of my favorite places. Nuff' said.

Years
Giratina is so badass, it has an entire dimension only for itself, and an awesome alternate form.

Years
Giratina, for sure. Love its typing, alternate forme, locations where it's found (especially the Distortion World; love that place to death), and signature move. It's also pretty fun to use competitively, albeit I haven't really used the other two, haha.

Though Gira's my fave, the first of the trio I ever caught was Palkia, as Pearl was my first game. I recall having a difficult time capturing it, which is funny because I'm fairly certain I caught Dialga with a Nest Ball in Diamond XD

Back