• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
OMG you guys wont believe this. im sitting in my room watching TV. i was about to start resetting for mudkip when my sister runs into my room holding her micro in front of me. she was playing emerald and she found a shiny ralts!

Except, she didnt find it WALLY FOUND IT!! i cant believe this we watched in horror as wally caught it and walked away. i promised her i would chain her a shiny ralts cause she technically got lucky so i will have to go back to giratina later. so everytime she faces wally she must defeat a shiny, wow just wow

Talk about horrible luck with that shiny ralts your sister found er well wally found. I think I'd be absolutely devastated!
well I'm about to continue on my SRing for giratina and watch some pokemon season 4 eppisodes so I'll come update later.

EDIT: So I was SR and watching pokemon when the eppisode where snubbull evolves into granbull is the second eppisode I watch today....while watching the eppisode I start to get this funny feeling so I take a break from SRing to check my swarm pokemon...and what is it? none other than snubbull! I just love shiny snubbull so I start chaining it and get to 40 with no problems and after going through about 10 super repels worth of resets theres my shiny patch!!! right now I'm going to try to get a few more shinies so I have a choice of natures and etc so I'll update with the total I end with and their natures in a little bit =) then I'll update my signature!

EDIT: So I ended up going through all the 75 super repels I had in my bag with only one shiny showing up -_- but it's okay because I still love that shiny! It's a female with a docile nature...it has fairly low speed though but oh well. I guess it's time to break and train some of my other pokemon....but sigh which one to train :p

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years

Talk about horrible luck with that shiny ralts your sister found er well wally found. I think I'd be absolutely devastated!
well I'm about to continue on my SRing for giratina and watch some pokemon season 4 eppisodes so I'll come update later.

EDIT: So I was SR and watching pokemon when the eppisode where snubbull evolves into granbull is the second eppisode I watch today....while watching the eppisode I start to get this funny feeling so I take a break from SRing to check my swarm pokemon...and what is it? none other than snubbull! I just love shiny snubbull so I start chaining it and get to 40 with no problems and after going through about 10 super repels worth of resets theres my shiny patch!!! right now I'm going to try to get a few more shinies so I have a choice of natures and etc so I'll update with the total I end with and their natures in a little bit =) then I'll update my signature!

EDIT: So I ended up going through all the 75 super repels I had in my bag with only one shiny showing up -_- but it's okay because I still love that shiny! It's a female with a docile nature...it has fairly low speed though but oh well. I guess it's time to break and train some of my other pokemon....but sigh which one to train :p

Congratulations, but all I can think of is that you only had 75 Super Repels?! O_o; You better pack more next time! :( If money is a problem them go to the route where Mr. Backlot's mansion is at, there should be an old man and woman, use the VS. Seeker and milk them for all they're worth ($16000 EACH if you use the Amulet Coin held item). It shouldn't take long to get enough money for about 500 Super or Max Repels.

Well, anyway.... No doctors office today, probably tomorrow. So I got Breloom to 62 and decided just to restock what I lost with the shiny Smoochum (About 350 Max Repels, 11 Heal Balls, 1 Ultra.) using the method above.

I've already used about.... 20 Max Repels so far and I only have 7 Sneasel in the chain... =P
I don't really want to mess up this time, I want to go ahead and train an Abomasnow, Weavile and Jynx already!! I almost want to say I'm tired of playing in the snow but that's ok, I'm not that sick of it yet.

But nothing's worse than getting your chain broken by one of the Pokemon you despise most..

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
well to be honest i could not even find 1 ralts to start my chain so im switching to my swarm electrike. right now im at a chain of 11

EDIT: now im at 20 hooray 4 me

EDIT: god i suck at chaining it broke at 26 oh well this is why i SR. Back to mudkip

Last edited:
Years
OMG you guys wont believe this. im sitting in my room watching TV. i was about to start resetting for mudkip when my sister runs into my room holding her micro in front of me. she was playing emerald and she found a shiny ralts!

Except, she didnt find it WALLY FOUND IT!! i cant believe this we watched in horror as wally caught it and walked away. i promised her i would chain her a shiny ralts cause she technically got lucky so i will have to go back to giratina later. so everytime she faces wally she must defeat a shiny, wow just wow

Man I feel bad for her. I'm gonna continue SRing tomorrow on the road. Wish me luck!

.Vaporeon

eshkient
Years
Hey,
I'm gonna start SR'ing today for a Shiny Chimchar..
So i'm gonna go a sertain amount of steps and when i have 1 step to go before it hatches i will save the games.
Hatch it and if it is a non-shiny chimchar i will probably SR and start again and again..
GraceFullAssasin@You are better than me.
I probably get to 7 haha..

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Hey,
I'm gonna start SR'ing today for a Shiny Chimchar..
So i'm gonna go a sertain amount of steps and when i have 1 step to go before it hatches i will save the games.
Hatch it and if it is a non-shiny chimchar i will probably SR and start again and again..
GraceFullAssasin@You are better than me.
I probably get to 7 haha..

Won't work that way dude. Gotta save before you take the egg.

Certain values are made when the egg is made. The rest is made when you take the egg, so saving before it hatches won't work, it'll be the same Pokemon over and over again.

I wish it was that simple, but it's not.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
Years
Damn..
That why i have been trying it for 10 minutes and only getting the same nature and form..
Lol..
Thanks Man.
But i might stick to Iv breeding instead.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
OH MY GOD!!! SHINY MAGIKARP ON PEARL!!!!

I was taking a break and charging my DS Lite and using Pearl with my normal DS and I fished up a SHINY MAGIKARP!!!!!!!!!!! YES! It has an Adamant nature too!!!

I'm gonna upload the video as fast as possible!!

EDIT: HERE IS THE EPIC VIDEO!!!!!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Wow..
Iv'e being looking for a shiny Magikarp for a long time...
Lol..
Where did you start fishing?
Nice Catch man..
Catch of the day! lol lol LMAO

I've actually been using Sunyshore. It's one of my favorite cities in D/P, and has the flavor text of it.

Fishing is hard though, sometimes I get like 15 "Not even a nibble..."s in a row, anyone got tips?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Thanks for telling me man..
I need one for with a good nature for a Wifi Battling Team...
I don't fish much at all so i'm not realy good at it though.

Adamant is the way to go, cuz it can learn Dragon Dance to boost it's speed, it'd be great Pokemon to have. :)

Spoiler:

Hee hee.

LOL I'd say it's one strange Pearl!! XD

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Congratulations, but all I can think of is that you only had 75 Super Repels?! O_o; You better pack more next time! :( If money is a problem them go to the route where Mr. Backlot's mansion is at, there should be an old man and woman, use the VS. Seeker and milk them for all they're worth ($16000 EACH if you use the Amulet Coin held item). It shouldn't take long to get enough money for about 500 Super or Max Repels.

It's not the money at all, I have $700,000 right now...I just for some odd reason only ever carry 100 of them.....I get bored of holding down the up button when I go to buy more >< And really this time I wasn't thinking about looking at how many I had before chaining and going to buy more, I was thinking about how bazaar it was with the whole snubbull episode and the funny feeling then the snubbull swarm! By the time I processed the whole strangeness all I could think about was rushing over there and chaining the darn snubbull, I just knew today was a day for a shiny....so really buying more super repels never crossed my mind ><

anyways congratz on your new shiny magikarp!!!

PS - Bulbapedia isn't working for me so I can't update my sig....anyone else having problems loading it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
May I join the Shiny Hunters club? Looks fun! I <33333 Chaining for Shinies. I am actually quite addicted to it...=P Caught me 4 Shiny Nosepasses yesterday night before bed. My next swarm is Doduo but it's hard to get it to 40 since Route 201's patch of grass is soooo small...-.-

Years

It's not the money at all, I have $700,000 right now...I just for some odd reason only ever carry 100 of them.....I get bored of holding down the up button when I go to buy more >< And really this time I wasn't thinking about looking at how many I had before chaining and going to buy more, I was thinking about how bazaar it was with the whole snubbull episode and the funny feeling then the snubbull swarm! By the time I processed the whole strangeness all I could think about was rushing over there and chaining the darn snubbull, I just knew today was a day for a shiny....so really buying more super repels never crossed my mind ><

PS - Bulbapedia isn't working for me so I can't update my sig....anyone else having problems loading it?
Bulbapedia is working now. And intense fight in the destroyed sky has shiny pokemon! yay! I REALLY hope to get uxie today. And DDD, I heard about preset values. Is this only for certain pokemon not including Regis Rayquaza and Kyogre? And what about Latias? SHINY P.S. DisneyLand Rox HIDDEN MICKEY

May I join the Shiny Hunters club? Looks fun! I <33333 Chaining for Shinies. I am actually quite addicted to it...=P Caught me 4 Shiny Nosepasses yesterday night before bed. My next swarm is Doduo but it's hard to get it to 40 since Route 201's patch of grass is soooo small...-.-

Sure! GL with Doduo, I have 12 of my own! P.S. Nice Sig :)

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years

Pressing up to get more? Try pressing down for a change: It takes it all the way to 99. If you press left and right, it'll either add or subtract 10 from the count. So go splurge now. XD

P.S. I didn't get a shiny Magikarp. =P

I did get 40 Sneasel in the chain though, and the 38th and 40th were shiny patches. One's Calm and one's .. I forgot. The Calm one.... needs to be Jolly. It has a 91 in Speed. That's almost high as the Jolly ones. So all I can think of is that the Calm one has a 31 in Speed.

No problem.
I have 4 shiny Sneasel now. 1 from the very first chain, 2 from the 3rd chain, and two from the current and probably final chain I'm in. I'm really, really starting to like this shiny, so... I'm gonna try and get 20 more. That equals 24 which is divisble by 6 which is good for IV battles, 6 Sneasel with me at once.

My only worry?
I may run out of Repels.

I got 8 Smoochum with less than 400 Repels (around 350 I think) so even if I go at that rate, I'll get my first goal of 18.

After the jump, I'm going to restock Max Repels (obviously) and proceed to get 999 Super Repels, and probably 999 Repels just for the heck of it. Can't stop me now.

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years

i love your icon XD and sig. is it possible you can make me a shiny thing? ive always wanted one ~_^

srkid- only MM can accept people in the clan. i think. so SS(shinyseeker) needs to wait till he gets on

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Thanks! There has been lots of people commenting on my sig and avatar lately on various forums.

If you want one, I can give you a blank copy that you can easily edit in MS Paint, but you have to give me credit since I really like my idea...<3

I will wait to be "officially" in the club. No problemo.

Back