• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
Okay so I bought the Fire Emblem Demo, fell in love and bought the real game. Now I want to talk about the characters and such. I've beat the game. So I want to talk about it. I want to have fun.

Rules
Spoiler:

TOPIC
Spoiler:

My Favorite is Tharja. My character is female and I notice how Tharja stalks her. ^-^ There support conversation's are hilarious. Tharja's critical hit comment's are refreshing to hear. ^-^ Thing's like: "Do you like Darkness?"

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Mine must be Gaius. :3 I love him for his wittiness, his candy loving personality and his LOOKS!!! Oh la la la! Talk about dreaminess!!

I am a fan of Tharja and I also like her dark outlook and her sudden creepy outbursts. xD She really is quite funny. Now that I started my new file and have married Gaius, it is now time to make Lon'qu and Tharja to be together! :D

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
i just got the game a few days ago, actually. i don't remember which chapter i'm in, but i beat the horse dude with the wolf berg.

going in blind without a guide or anything is kind of fun but i keep running into new characters that i like and i have to kick someone out of my current party. i've raised 2 guys that ended up getting the boot, kind of sad.

Nakala Pri

i just got the game a few days ago, actually. i don't remember which chapter i'm in, but i beat the horse dude with the wolf berg.

going in blind without a guide or anything is kind of fun but i keep running into new characters that i like and i have to kick someone out of my current party. i've raised 2 guys that ended up getting the boot, kind of sad.

If the guy is good or important, it will add another pocket so you can recruit more people! Need any help, drop me a VM.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Mine are Sumia and Lucina the former because of her clumsiness and the latter because she is a beast in battle.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
2013-06-28-499-TheWeaponTriangle.jpg

I just solo'd the rest of the game with Donnel at that point.

That dude is the most overpowered Fire Emblem character ever. Even better than Seth.

Also am I the only one who went with the opposite gender avatar? Couldn't care about having a virtual wife, so I thought it'd be more fun. I was somehow wrong, but right at the same time. Avatar is one dimensional, but so is every other character in the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm in my second playhtrough right now and I already rushed through about half of the game in a few hours. At least this time I got Laurent, on my last playthrough I kinda messed up the whole mission, which kinda sucked.

Also I mostly use other characters than in my first playthrough to give it a bit of a change.

Favourite character would be Olivia. She onehitted so many bosses and killed even the final one in no time on my first playthrough xD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
If I have to absolutely choose just one character as my favorite, I guess I would have to say Severa. Yes, yes, people dislike Severa due to the fact that she's a tsundere, but I adore that part of her. Plus, she's one of the better children units.

I just solo'd the rest of the game with Donnel at that point.

That dude is the most overpowered Fire Emblem character ever. Even better than Seth.

Technically, the title belongs to Morgan.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Basilio is one of the best characters in the game but to be honest that doesn't say much because the cast is just bad, even for Fire Emblem standards. (which is low.) I was actually hard pressed to think of a character I really like.
Technically, the title belongs to Morgan.
LOL

Morgan ain't CRAP compared to Donnel. Unless you reclass, which shouldn't count because pretty much every character can be the most broken **** in the series because of it.

Reclassing shouldn't exist in the first place. Such a STUPID feature, which sadly is gonna be the standard now. I'm waiting for Grind Emblem 2 (or 3 if you count Sacred Stones), Intelligent Systems! But after Advance Wars 3DS...if they don't ruin it that is.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I have yet to get the game but i wanted to ask if it has any replay value.And i mean extra missions after you complete it(no DLC),extra modes,achievements.
It has SO many replay value and is a great great game so go for it.

If you don't care about the "strategy" in "strategy RPG" that is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
It has SO many replay value and is a great great game so go for it.

If you don't care about the "strategy" in "strategy RPG" that is.
It must be hard, being forced to play a game you don't like, only because it's part of a franchise you like. Funny enough your love filled posts regarding this game made me actually play it xD

At least it's true that this game isn't as strategic as it's predecessors and a lot easier.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I really enjoy the game and I've put almost 200 hours into playing it. I've done multiple playthroughs and I still can't stop playing it! I have a lot of favorite characters but right now Cordelia is my favorite. I like how she's a first gen who has both the Pegasus Knight line and the Mercenary line, which makes her a dangerous character.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
LOL

Morgan ain't CRAP compared to Donnel. Unless you reclass, which shouldn't count because pretty much every character can be the most broken **** in the series because of it.

Reclassing shouldn't exist in the first place. Such a STUPID feature, which sadly is gonna be the standard now. I'm waiting for Grind Emblem 2 (or 3 if you count Sacred Stones), Intelligent Systems! But after Advance Wars 3DS...if they don't ruin it that is.

Woah woah. You know Donnel is crap too if he doesn't reclass as well too right? Because that Villager class isn't going to be doing him any favors even with Aptitude. But my point in that Morgan is the strongest character in Fire Emblem is due to Morgan being the only child unit that can be the by-product of MU and a 2nd Gen.

With Morgan having a 2nd Gen character as their parent, he/she essentially has the stat modifiers of three characters (ie. MU and the two parents of the 2nd gen character) in comparison to Donnel's awful stat modifiers. Plus Morgan has a MUCH better skill pool than Donnel. But this is strictly from a min-max view, if you're talking the performance of Donnel when compared to Morgan in a main-game playthrough, then sure MAYBE Donnel has an edge.

But, I do agree with you that reclassing shouldn't exist due to the fact that it allows infinite leveling, which isn't the reason why I play Fire Emblem. In all honesty if reclassing was in the next Fire Emblem installment, I would vastly prefer the DS Fire Emblem iteration's version of reclassing.

tl;dr Morgan has the potential to yield much better stat mods in comparison to Donnel's pitiful stat mods. Also, Morgan has a better skill-pool than Donnel.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I love that comic, haha. I love all of the Manaketes as well. Tiki is pretty amazing but Nah or Manakete Morgan are the most powerful. Manakete Morgan is ridiculous and fun, but that means I'd have to marry Nah, Nowi, or Tiki. I don't mind marrying Nowi because then Nah gets Galeforce as well, but the other two don't maximize Galeforce spread. In my current playthrough, I married Tharja because I finally gave in and wanted to marry the stalker. Also, it gives Noire Galeforce and she makes a bad ass Trickster.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It must be hard, being forced to play a game you don't like, only because it's part of a franchise you like. Funny enough your love filled posts regarding this game made me actually play it xD

At least it's true that this game isn't as strategic as it's predecessors and a lot easier.
All in a day's work!

But seriously, I wasn't forcing myself (...maybe slightly), I legitimately thought it would get better progressively, seeing as so many love the game.

I have never been so wrong. It got much much worse.

See, if you ask me what my most disappointing game of the gen is, it would be this game. Before it was Street Fighter x Tekken, but I actually had enjoyed that game. This? Doesn't help it set a standard for future titles.

I'd stop picking on it if Intelligent System makes a new Advance Wars, if it's actually as good as the previous games.

Nakala Pri

I really enjoy the game and I've put almost 200 hours into playing it. I've done multiple playthroughs and I still can't stop playing it! I have a lot of favorite characters but right now Cordelia is my favorite. I like how she's a first gen who has both the Pegasus Knight line and the Mercenary line, which makes her a dangerous character.

Pegasus knights are too weak! They lack all of the most important skills and they die so easily! It really is frustrating, exspecially since every battle pretty much has archers. :c

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
That's why you give them bowbreaker from Bow Knight or have the DLC and give them Iote's Shield. :D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm finnnnnally able to attempt the Apotheosis DLC, so, I'm going to take the secret route. ^^ I've managed to give everyone the Limit Breaker skill, as well as get a couple of Rally Spectrum bots like Katarina and Celica. All coupled with Fortitude staffs and one Goddess' Staff. Also pretty much everyone has Aegis and Gale Force. I hope it's not too hard though - I hear it's intense around the 3-5 waves. .__.;;

Back