• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
That's a pretty cool look for the Pokémon centre. Perhaps you should make the laptops a bit more 3D, though...

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Or maybe, the laptop can be used to play minigames in it :] That would be pretty neat idea don'tcha think? (and no, im not talking about solitaire xD)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
That looks pretty cool, but you may want to tone down the colors of the floor tiles, just to make them a little less attention grabbing.... It looks nice though.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Very nice screenshots. I like Bluebrr already (nice pun, there); quite the adorable little bugger. :P.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Very nice screenshots. I like Bluebrr already (nice pun, there); quite the adorable little bugger. :P.

I love Bluebrr too. XD It's gonna be on my team when I play.

Thank you for all your support and comments. I've taken all your suggestions and tweaked the Pokémon Center a bit. As of right now I'm working on it, as well as the PokéMart. I think I've finished all of Route C1. I might want to add a few things, but it's essentially done. Also, I'm feeling unpleased with the beginning of the game. I might consider having you live a bit outside of Periwinkle Town on a farm. Anyways...

screenshots7.png

I hope the center is better!

Oh, and also, there will be a different nurse for each center.

EDIT: And also... XD The door has been added, because I plan to allow a tour to the back room of the Pokémon Center, where you can go see a bunch of Pokémon and stuff. I'm still thinking about other stuff I can add to it.

And that reminds me that I'm going to try to make the lab look a lot more dynamic and lab-like, rather than filled with books.

Atomic Reactor

i just simply love all your custom graphics T_T

^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
Very nice ideas (again :p), especially the different nurses and the "tour in the pokécentre"

Keep up the good work =D

Josh1billion

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 23, 2008
Looks relatively simple, doesn't seem like you're straying far from what's already been done. Good luck, though.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Looks relatively simple, doesn't seem like you're straying far from what's already been done. Good luck, though.
I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm making this little game as a hobby. I think it is as simple as any real or fan-made game in this forum. Also, it is a work-in-progress. There are a number of things I'd like to plan and do, and even things I haven't revealed.

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
Years
Wow, Nice game you've got there.
The screenshots make me want to play badly.

Keep up the good work. Do your best!
- iRawr-x
Batteries not included. XD

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I haven't had a lot of time to work on the game recently. Split shifts at work. UGH. Oh, and I just got my new and first ever laptop, so I've been busy switching over files and such. Anyhoo, I made a few new tiles for the PokéMart, but essentially just spruced up existing ones to my taste. (I really like the floor I made! ^_^) Two new features about the PokéMart...
1) You can buy magazines. Depending on the type you buy, you can find tips that may lead you to secret destinations and rare Pokémon, or instructions on how to teach your Pokémon new moves. Reading certain articles may even give boosts to stats. However, you just might waste your money accidentally and come across a large article about Magikarp.
2) There is a vending machine. There will be a variety of new drinks. EX: Green Tea, which will wake your Pokémon up and heal some HP.
screens1.png

EDIT: Oh, and the music for the Mart is a really nice MIDI of the original R/B/Y bike theme I found.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Your pokemart Idea is really cool. Keep up the good work its looking nice

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I'm currently rethinking the storyline. I like the progress I've made, but at the same time I feel that it is not "new" enough. It's just the same old thing. Right now I'm considering a sort of strange, dreamy overtone for the game, where you will awake out on the sea, stranded. A Lapras comes along, and you will need to ride her off to the mainland of the region. I'm also planning to restructure the region a bit. This Lapras may be your first partner, or it may not. I haven't decided. If you do receive a partner other than the Lapras, it will start off as an egg that will hatch relatively quickly.

I dunno... I guess I want the game to have a... different quality to it? I want it to be surreal, and yet believable and still within the basic premise of a Pokémon game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Excellent....
First word to come to mind after reading that last post by ya, Blueguy.
I want to play games different. As I said in my own thread, people already have played the official games, and anybody sane would enjoy a different experience.
Heck that's why Ranger and the Mystery dungeon games sell.

Run with the idea, Blueguy.
I'd love to see what ya come up with.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Graveil is cute, is it the fire starter. Anyway it looks fun and the swimming is cool too.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Excellent....
First word to come to mind after reading that last post by ya, Blueguy.
I want to play games different. As I said in my own thread, people already have played the official games, and anybody sane would enjoy a different experience.
Heck that's why Ranger and the Mystery dungeon games sell.

Run with the idea, Blueguy.
I'd love to see what ya come up with.

Thanks a lot for your continuing support! XD It's very nice to hear.

Graveil is cute, is it the fire starter. Anyway it looks fun and the swimming is cool too.
It was planned to be the fire starter, but I realized that its Ghost-type would give it an unfair advantage. So, Fanglow, a Fire/Poison-type was planned, however, I'm not sure if there will be a traditional starter choice.

I'd like your opinions. Should Lapras be your "starter" or should you still get a choice as well?

(I've started remaking the opening events. I'm liking it. It's scored by the National Park theme... which is sort of spooky but peaceful. So far, you awake snoozing on a small, little bit of sand, when a Lapras happens to come by and wake you up. I made a cute, little snoring animation too. I'll post some screens once I'm satisfied and convinced that it is the way I want the game to begin.)

Back