• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Misty Mermmaid

there has got to to be another variable that is cause the event not to happen cuz in my original games i started i never even seen a bad egg so been a little confused........

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
The bad eggs are likely created due to changing the values of certain variables during certain events. It may be possible to determine through thorough testing which variables (if any) are safe to use and will not create bad eggs, but at the moment it is not a priority. If you don't move the bad eggs, they shouldn't affect gameplay.

The reason that the Misty Mermaid event should activate is because the initial script is set to activate when a particular variable is set to 0. Since all variables are set to 0 when the game starts, there's really no reason the event shouldn't activate.

The only other requirement to it activating is having the 7th Gym Badge from Blaine.

This event [Myst Mermaid] is necessary indeed ?
"If you don't move the bad eggs, they shouldn't affect gameplay."
What do you mean with "Don't move"?
I'm really worried about my gameplay, i've restart the game, because i lost some episodes and try to reset the game, maybe it fix the problem, but i'm really worried.
If you are in my place what would you do ?
Tell us how we can play in safety?
I loved your game is a wonderfull hack and i don't want to give up.
Your are a good person, and i like to help you in understand this problem.
Excuse me if i'm being boring, and my bad english is because i'm Brasilian.

there has got to to be another variable that is cause the event not to happen cuz in my original games i started i never even seen a bad egg so been a little confused........

Man, are you doing the walkthrough? I've downloaded the first 10 episodes that you did, and i liked it so much =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
I'm really worried about my gameplay, i've restart the game, because i lost some episodes and try to reset the game, maybe it fix the problem, but i'm really worried.
I loved your game is a wonderfull hack and i don't want to give up.
Your are a good person, and i like to help you in understand this problem.
Excuse me if i'm being boring, and my bad english is because i'm Brasilian.

Man, are you doing the walkthrough? I've downloaded the first 10 episodes that you did, and i liked it so much =D

Yup that would be me i will have the next set out as soon as i can work has really been wearing me down so ill do them as i am able just as a little update on the guide

BlastoiseBrother

on a mission from God
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
meta I still need help opening the pokemon league I did all the Mt Hideaway events and talked to oak but all he talks about is taking care of one of my pokemon and about my pokedex

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018

It is a bug because it does not work like it's supposed to work.

They are not :D
You must capture both in wild =)

No they ARE scripted (caterpie at lv 5 appears in your first step into varidian forest, lv 7 pidgeotto appears halfway through the forest) they just don't seem obvious

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
^ Totally right xD although leaving the forest , resets the scripts you can even check the tiles and it always happens...good for farming early pickahu exp versus the pidgeotto xD

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

It is not necessary.

The bad eggs randomly appear in various Pokemon storage boxes. If you don't move them around from box to box or select them, you should be okay.

The game isn't perfect - there's still bugs, so there's no way to guarantee there won't be issues.

Sometimes you can fix a problem by downloading a new rom from a different site and re-patching it, and using your sav file with the new rom.

If that doesn't work, you can skip that event for now.

meta I still need help opening the pokemon league I did all the Mt Hideaway events and talked to oak but all he talks about is taking care of one of my pokemon and about my pokedex

I'm unsure why, if you finished the Pokemopolis event, Oak's script wouldn't activate. I'll look at it more carefully when I get a chance to see exactly what you should need to do to make it work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
So I finally got to Cinnabar isle ..and notice you can trade Charizard for a Gyrados ...is this like the Butterfree trade in that you get it back or is this permanent ? :S

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
It is not necessary.
The bad eggs randomly appear in various Pokemon storage boxes. If you don't move them around from box to box or select them, you should be okay.
The game isn't perfect - there's still bugs, so there's no way to guarantee there won't be issues.
Sometimes you can fix a problem by downloading a new rom from a different site and re-patching it, and using your sav file with the new rom.
If that doesn't work, you can skip that event for now.

Thank you Metapod, your answers will help me a lot.
I'll play more carefully for now.
I remember that i've checked and moved one of those bad eggs in the beggining of the game.
I never imagined it would affect the game.
It's interesting, because i'm not the only who complain about the misty event don't activate.
Maybe the bad egg mess with the last events of the game.
'cause All the players complain about cannot go to the pokemon league, like some events don't appear
By the way, are you working on the next beta, you have a date to launch the next version? are you trying to fix some bugs or you'll just continue with the orange island episodes?!

So I finally got to Cinnabar isle ..and notice you can trade Charizard for a Gyrados ...is this like the Butterfree trade in that you get it back or is this permanent ? :S

Man, i think it is permanet, because it don't appear in the anime.
Man, how you evolve charizard if it don't obey you?! You are good, haha.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Hi, I am playing he ash grey game and I cant think of any other hack of pokemon that have made me so happy, this is so cool!! but i have a problem with the game, i just did all that thing with your pidgeot/pidgeotto where you fight that fearow, and then I released it and, headed for the river, but when i swam to the left, like i saw in one of the videos, ther were just trees in the river?! what should I do after releasing my Pidgeot?

(sry for my awful English grammar)

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
Hi, I am playing he ash grey game and I cant think of any other hack of pokemon that have made me so happy, this is so cool!! but i have a problem with the game, i just did all that thing with your pidgeot/pidgeotto where you fight that fearow, and then I released it and, headed for the river, but when i swam to the left, like i saw in one of the videos, ther were just trees in the river?! what should I do after releasing my Pidgeot?

(sry for my awful English grammar)

That's the end I believe. Also, you shouldn't be sorry for your grammar. I have seen MUCH worse lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Thank you Metapod, your answers will help me a lot.
I'll play more carefully for now.
I remember that i've checked and moved one of those bad eggs in the beggining of the game.
I never imagined it would affect the game.
It's interesting, because i'm not the only who complain about the misty event don't activate.
Maybe the bad egg mess with the last events of the game.
'cause All the players complain about cannot go to the pokemon league, like some events don't appear
By the way, are you working on the next beta, you have a date to launch the next version? are you trying to fix some bugs or you'll just continue with the orange island episodes?!

Man, i think it is permanet, because it don't appear in the anime.
Man, how you evolve charizard if it don't obey you?! You are good, haha.

Well lucky I didnt trade it then xD Charmander to 34 using the lucky egg ...against exeggcute, then at 35 you use the rare candy (you get 1 in the game somewhere) and that was it xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
This really looks like it has a lot of potential to be a great hack. Besides a few graphical problems with some of the tiles (it looks like they're out of place when placed next to FR normal tiles, try giving it a more natural feel), it's a great idea and I commend you on it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2012
hi....
now i am playing ash gray version 3.5.4
after the mewtwo event.....i don't know what to do...
i have been watch the walkthrough at youtube...but it is different.
mom doesn't request me anything...
help me please

sorry for bad english

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
That's the end I believe. Also, you shouldn't be sorry for your grammar. I have seen MUCH worse lol

oh, I meant swimming to the right :I, but are you sure that is the end, i am pretty sure that I saw a video of someone that reached the balloon and flew to Orange Island?

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
Years
oh, I meant swimming to the right :I, but are you sure that is the end, i am pretty sure that I saw a video of someone that reached the balloon and flew to Orange Island?
that was in a video by the creator that made this hack.. only he has the new beta n can change it

The bad eggs are likely created due to changing the values of certain variables during certain events. It may be possible to determine through thorough testing which variables (if any) are safe to use and will not create bad eggs, but at the moment it is not a priority. If you don't move the bad eggs, they shouldn't affect gameplay.

The reason that the Misty Mermaid event should activate is because the initial script is set to activate when a particular variable is set to 0. Since all variables are set to 0 when the game starts, there's really no reason the event shouldn't activate.

The only other requirement to it activating is having the 7th Gym Badge from Blaine.
i think that The Misty Mermaid event didnt activate for me cuz after i did the holiday-hijynx event at the north pole i just went straight back to where i was before then n didnt do the Snow Way Out event

i'll probably restart the game now n try it again

Is the new version released?I am playing 3.6.1 and haven't checked this site for one month!:(
unforuantely not.. sorry.. idk when the new version will be release

Last edited by a moderator:
Back