• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Okay so found a potential glitch...searched for it but can't seem to find it so hoping someone can help. After getting Bulbasaur and Charmander I go to also get Squirtle and the even is not triggering where the Squirtle Squad shows up. The officer Jenny to the south says they're still on the loose but let's me pass anyway. Anyone know what's going on?

You use the old rod on the water infront of the house you get it from. Squirtle will show up to fight

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
Ok, thank you. On youtube I saw a cutscene where they trap you in a hole but that wasn't activating for whatever reason.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2023
Why "Misty Mermaid" does not work? I followed the walkthroughs on Youtube.

Please help if you can :( !

Boidoh

Gardevoir Rules!
Years
I find it kinda stupid i forgot what its called... I usually remeber.. So what do i do to download it.

Nevermind, i just turned off my anti-virus.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
I think im playing 3.5 patch but at the 3rd gym when your given the thunderstone for pikachu, I thought there would be some code stopping the use of it on Pikachu, now i have a Raichu. Does this make it impossible to complete the game?

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
REALLY?No posts today?I would think more people would spam about the next release...
EDIT-nvm this is a UK site.im in the US

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
This hack is amazing. I have to say this makes me actually like Ash again a little bit. If the anime was anything like this hack is I may still be intersted in it. Sad part about it is if there were to be an ashgray 2-3-4 it would play like the anime restarting to train all pokemon. Great hack Metapod if you continue thats great if this is it then I beat the elite 4 so I'm happy either way. Good job Metapod

AyumuHunter

Heavy Assistant
Years
This is one of my favorite Pokemon hack, second to the Emerald Randomizer hack. This is real enjoyable to play but I have some questions. Does the hack need Charizard for it to be played at it's full experience and when should I evolve the other two starters, event wise.

xRealMisakiTakahashi

Pokemon Rulez!!!
Years
I love your game so much it was very addicting, but I notice only one glitch in the game. Well the only glitch I notice was that Pikachu actually evolves using a thunderstone. The rest was perfect for me had no problems at all. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons why Pikachu doesn't follow you. I love Pokemon Ash Gray hope you finish the game! <3

Years
This is one of my favorite Pokemon hack, second to the Emerald Randomizer hack. This is real enjoyable to play but I have some questions. Does the hack need Charizard for it to be played at it's full experience and when should I evolve the other two starters, event wise.
As this hack is anime based and in the anime Ash never let evolved hids bulbasaur and squirtle.. so you must not evolve those as many events including one where bulbasaur learns SolarBeam require them to stay in their basic forms..... As for charmander you should be warned he will not obey you if you let him evolve and you could get problems....

AyumuHunter

Heavy Assistant
Years
As this hack is anime based and in the anime Ash never let evolved hids bulbasaur and squirtle.. so you must not evolve those as many events including one where bulbasaur learns SolarBeam require them to stay in their basic forms..... As for charmander you should be warned he will not obey you if you let him evolve and you could get problems....

I meant, does the hack need Charmander and his evolution to have the max experiences or can you not use him

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
there are charizard events such as when you battle blaine if you lose the first match with him and the one with aerodactyle (wow a pokemon name that I can't spell....) where he is supposed to end up evolving before you find it. if you know the anime just try to stick true to it as charizard himself does have events as well.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Well, I suggest removing Pikachu's (and/or) other pokemon's evolution/s, so that all events will be triggered. This, or.. You can just create/edit another pokemon entry to change it into, for example another Pikachu that has the same (or slightly altered) moveset, with the same (or different) sprite. It's up to you really..

You can also create a "new" Charizard entry (w/o evolution), and lower its stats so that the players will have the chance to use a Charizard early in game.

That's all. ^^
Good luck.

Last edited:

AyumuHunter

Heavy Assistant
Years
I have a suggestion, maybe alter the pick-up ability a bit since we have no need for some of the berries in game. Such as the Durin Berry and others like it. Second, I suggest a wider encounter rate of pokemon in the non event areas since one gets tired of seeing rattatas ekans, pidgeys and mankeys in almost all of the routes I go on and some Map modifications here and there

Back